Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Daltin
(11-28-2018, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, just like Brees and Brady. 

Yes.  Just like Brees and Brady and every QB  Dalton's production drops when he does not have as much talent around him.
Reply/Quote
Didn't Drew Brees have a couple really awful seasons with the Chargers. Like really awful.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: See my answer.

Answer seen. The fact that you didn't list this year as a down year pretty much says all we need to say. 

Andy, just like Brady and Brees..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  Just like Brees and Brady and every QB  Dalton's production drops when he does not have as much talent around him.

The patriots lost Gronkowski two years ago for the season and Edleman last season. Keep making excuses for Dalton and justifying his struggles without Green.

Every team deals with injuries and good qb's find a way to get it done. Your'e the worst of all fans because you are ok with mediocrity and think excuses justify not playing well. Why are you even a Bengals fan. 

Most of us want to win and don't like players and coaches looking at injuries as an excuse to not perform well. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:00 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The patriots lost Gronkowski two years ago for the season and Edleman last season. Keep making excuses for Dalton and justifying his struggles without Green.

Every team deals with injuries and good qb's find a way to get it done. Your'e the worst of all fans because you are ok with mediocrity and think excuses justify not playing well. Why are you even a Bengals fan. 

Most of us want to win and don't like players and coaches looking at injuries as an excuse to not perform well. 

So why did Dalton have a higher passer rating than Brady in 2013 when Gronk missed 10 games?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Answer seen. The fact that you didn't list this year as a down year pretty much says all we need to say. 

Umm, except he did?

(11-28-2018, 07:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Daltons numbers suffered in 2014 when Green missed 5 games, Marvin Jones missed the entire season, Eifert missed 15 games, Zeitler missed 4 games, and Andre Smith missed 8.  There was a point were we signed Greg Little off the street to start as our #2 WR.

Then last year and this year he has struggled because the O-line lost Whitworth and Zeitler.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Umm, except he did?

AAhh, see it. Guess it threw me off when I asked for a down year. If you list about 50% of his career does it qualify as a down year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why did Dalton have a higher passer rating than Brady in 2013 when Gronk missed 10 games?

He was barely better than Brady that year, 88 qb rating to 87. That's too small a difference to be statistically significant, unlike when Brady posted a 112 qb rating without Gronkowski and a 102 qb rating without Edelman. 

He also put up over 500 yards in the Superbowl without Edelmen and Cooks. Brady consistently produces even without key players, Dalton doesn't.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 12:55 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He was barely better than Brady that year, 88 qb rating to 87. That's too small a difference to be statistically significant, unlike when Brady posted a 112 qb rating without Gronkowski and a 102 qb rating without Edelman. 

But you still have not said why Brady had a down year.

If it was not because of the talent aroiund him what was it?  He did not have any injury issues that year.
Reply/Quote
How is Brady getting compared to A. Dalton
Reply/Quote
Dalton can't help that he's hurt. And that really great QB but plays for a medicore team.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:28 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Dalton can't help that he's hurt. And that really great QB but plays for a medicore team.

Great is a bit much.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 02:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How is Brady getting compared to A. Dalton

Because they both are QBs in the NFL.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Id really love to see Dalton with a new coaching staff for one year at least before I fold tent on him.
It's a shame with current ownership that prob wont happen though.

They could fix this thing fast if the ownership actually rolled the dice this offseason in FA and with an offensive minded HC.
Who am I kidding.... its Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 05:48 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Id really love to see Dalton with a new coaching staff for one year at least before I fold tent on him.
It's a shame with current ownership that prob wont happen though.

They could fix this thing fast if the ownership actually rolled the dice this offseason in FA and with an offensive minded HC.
Who am I kidding.... its Mike Brown.

I'd like to see all of these players get a fair shake with an aggressive and innovative staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you still have not said why Brady had a down year.

If it was not because of the talent aroiund him what was it?  He did not have any injury issues that year.

Brady had an off year. Every athlete can have an off year. He was still only 1 point less than Dalton. It still doesn't change the fact that Brady produces without his weapons and Dalton doesn't. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 06:56 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Brady had an off year. Every athlete can have an off year. He was still only 1 point less than Dalton. It still doesn't change the fact that Brady produces without his weapons and Dalton doesn't. 

Brady is a once every decade or so kinda player......but he also has Darth Hoody.  We have Jar Jar Binks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why did Dalton have a higher passer rating than Brady in 2013 when Gronk missed 10 games?

Cherry picking again.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 11:09 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Cherry picking again.

Pretty much all he’s capable of Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 11:09 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Cherry picking again.

(12-20-2018, 11:21 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Pretty much all he’s capable of 
Thats what people say when they cant answer my questions
Reply/Quote