Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with season tickets. Anybody else?
Me and my dad have split season tickets for past 10 years. We decided yesterday it's time to move on and let 'em go after this season. It's felt like a chore going to games last couple of seasons. Starting to find I'd rather do other productive things with my Sundays. Also, can't even get face value for the tickets on games we can't make it to. Other reality is that we are part of the problem rewarding continuous mediocrity by blindly renewing our tickets every year.

I'm sure we'll still go to a game or two a season by buying off the secondary market. But no way will you catch me sitting at PBS again in December when our 5-8 Bengals are playing another dud like Oakland. Anybody else nonrenewing after the season?
Reply/Quote
I live in Ca so it isn't even an option for me.

if I did live in Cincinnati I'd probably just go to one or two games a year but I've never seen the point of season tickets, especially when a team like the Bengals are crap more often than not.
Reply/Quote
Done for 8 years. Don’t miss it a bit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think I might buy some next year. I'll have my choice of seats.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I live about 4 hours away and went to my 1st game this year.

The fan experience in the stadium is subpar compared to every other stadium I've been at.

I did feel that the fans showed good energy despite being destroyed by the Saints.
Reply/Quote
Debating. Next season would be my 20th as a STH, coinciding with the opening of PBS. Had a lot of fun with friends and family during that time, sure, but I've also watched a lot of mind-numbing shot-to-the-gnads bad football, too. I like going to the games, but on days like these, it's tempting to just dump the tix on the market and do other things with my Sunday. I don't know, a lot to think about in that regard come the off-season.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I live nearly a thousand miles away so season tickets aren’t an option. But I do buy NFL Sunday ticket every year. If they don’t do anything to pique my interest this offseason, I doubt I’ll re-up. And it has nothing to do with sticking it to someone financially, as I believe it means nothing to the organization. It has everything to do with my sanity.

Reply/Quote
I discontinued mine last year after Marvin Lewis got the 2 year extension. I was a season ticket holder since 2003ish...

It was a great decision. I only went to a few games this year because I either won them at work, or got them for really cheap. Saved a lot of money and felt good about not giving Mike Brown my money
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Good for you. I don’t know how anyone can justify spending their hard earned money on this clown show at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I didn’t renew mine this year after more than 30 years as a season ticket holder. I wasn’t going to keep spending my hard earned money on a team that couldn’t see their way of doing things clearly wasn’t working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote