Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with the underdog narrative
JoeyB in his press conference was rather adamant that the team was over any conversation about them being underdogs. He said they were a damn good football team and they deserve to be where they are going

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
In a strange way, to me nothing illustrates more about why Joe Burrow is special than his on the field postgame interview. So calm. So ready. Enjoying it. Spoke with a maturity and command way beyond his NFL experience. Sometimes you watch a player play in any sport, and they just have something special. Joe Burrow has it.

We will be pretty big underdogs for next week. But I have no doubts about Burrow. He is exactly the guy we want leading us into any game in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Maybe them being under dogs next week will help them because they will not be favored to win the AFCC game either.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:19 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Maybe them being under dogs next week will help them because they will not be favored to win the AFCC game either.

Floria just said that the winner of the Chiefs-Bills game might have a letdown next week that would ALLOW  the Bengals to STEAL a Super Bowl berth.  Like the Bengals hasn't already defeated one of those teams.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:32 PM)pally Wrote: Floria just said that the winner of the Chiefs-Bills game might have a letdown next week that would ALLOW  the Bengals to STEAL a Super Bowl berth.  Like the Bengals hasn't already defeated one of those teams.

Screw Florio.  Seriously.  Why does it pain anyone to see the Bengals succeed?  I think that's what fuels the Kay infatuation.  A neutral media party who's willing to just be excited about what's happening in Cincy (and honestly the rest of the GMFB crew as well, just having fun and celebrating it).  It's time to get over the Stealers and Patsies running the conference.  Embrace the new and have the same fun the team and fans are.  The fact it's not contagious kinda blows my mind.  I know so many people turning into fans the past couple of weeks because it's just a happy narrative.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted Fouts in the poll this week but as a WV Native and as Bengals fan in Steelers Nation I hate Mike Florio.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I have generally not liked the underdog narrative because I feel like it gives an excuse to play bad. NO ONE in a football game is an underdog when everyone has NFL players and you dont turn it over.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
ALL THE MEDIA AND ANNOUNCERS STILL THINK WE’RE THE BUNGLES … SHOCK THE FN WORLD!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:32 PM)pally Wrote: Floria just said that the winner of the Chiefs-Bills game might have a letdown next week that would ALLOW  the Bengals to STEAL a Super Bowl berth.  Like the Bengals hasn't already defeated one of those teams.

I'd say what I think of Floria but I have my Wife's picture in my wallet.
Reply/Quote
We have 2 more games to enjoy the underdog/no one believes in us stuff. We have a 1st overall pick QB who has us in the AFC Championship game, minimum, in his first full year as a starter. The idea that the same universe that went completely apeshit over the prospects of the 2019 Browns isn't going to bow to the Bengals is hard to imagine.

And the fact that damn near 1000 people who aren't members of this board are going to read this post and wonder how little of a life I have given my absurd post count proves it. Boom!
Reply/Quote
They can keep hyping them up we will keep knocking them down.
Reply/Quote
The only glaring deficiency this team has is the O-line which was proved today.

Other than that... what exactly makes them the underdog at this point?

The Media has to live in the now. Even if they don't want to. Wink
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I ***** love Joey Burrow. The dude always says the right thing. He’s saying those right things in the locker room as well. This is why they are where they are.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So that moron Florio actually thinks a team in a conference championship game, with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, will come out flat or over look their opponent? That is just a new level of stupid right there.
Reply/Quote
Now 6-0 against the AFC teams that made the post season.

Looking forward to 7-0!
Reply/Quote
Burrow said he was the one that stopped the "why not us" chant. Zac had the captains talk and Joe said he was bothered by the "why not us" narrative, they're not underdogs/cinderella. People have to face them, it's not what team they have to face next.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Screw Florio.  Seriously.  Why does it pain anyone to see the Bengals succeed?  I think that's what fuels the Kay infatuation.  A neutral media party who's willing to just be excited about what's happening in Cincy (and honestly the rest of the GMFB crew as well, just having fun and celebrating it).  It's time to get over the Stealers and Patsies running the conference.  Embrace the new and have the same fun the team and fans are.  The fact it's not contagious kinda blows my mind.  I know so many people turning into fans the past couple of weeks because it's just a happy narrative.  

Screw that show. Simms said we were picking top 5 this year, during the pre-season.

Then again I doubt anyone here would have said we would be so close to a superbowl this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Screw that show. Simms said we were picking top 5 this year, during the pre-season.

Then again I doubt anyone here would have said we would be so close to a superbowl this year.

No way in the offseason I thought or said they'd be this close.  But that's the thing.  The season unfolded and the team proved they could exceed my expectations.  I just think it's crazy that anyone in the media, who doesn't have (or shouldn't have) a horse in the game, would continue to be so stubborn and not just find some happiness and excitement for the teams that are doing well now.  I saw something after the game tonight saying the Bengals won because they got lucky on that false start call.  Last week it was they got lucky because an inadvertent whistle blew just before the ball was caught.  Any narrative to keep everyone from having to admit that the Bengals are going to the AFC Championship because they belong there based on their play.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals got lucky to win the superbowl. I will take a horseshoe trophy, it will just make Burrow win another to say was that one lucky? Lol this man is insane, feed the quotes.
Reply/Quote