Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with this season
After the way the network, media, officials, and league have treated us this week, I think I'm done with this season of NFL football. I won't be watching another snap of professional football until the Bengals take the field for preseason next season. I have no desire to see the rest of the playoffs or the Super Bowl. Anyone with me?
Reply/Quote
I said that Saturday night but ended up being tuned in yesterday. It's entertaining.
Reply/Quote
Hell no. I love football.
I felt that way for about .... 13 hours... then kickoff between the seahawks and vikings happened.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty much right there with you. If I watch anything it will be to see the Steelers get pounded by Denver.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:38 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I said that Saturday night but ended up being tuned in yesterday. It's entertaining.

Same here. I left PBS disgusted, swearing I wasn't going to watch football Sunday. Actually debated for a moment going home and listing my COAs that very night. Took in a matinee Sunday afternoon with the wife. Did some chores around the house that I'd been avoiding. Talked to a couple of my kids. Yet...the siren song of the NFL playoffs kept calling.

In a way, it was therapeutic watching the games and being reminded that there were three other fan bases (especially those in Minny) who were feeling like crap, too.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm not watching anything. The NFL can shove it up their ass
Reply/Quote
I'm watching The Steelers game, for sure, as I cheer for each injury.
I don't do that w/ ANY other team, by the way.

I'm not even too proud to admit I'm hoping they have a plane go down en route.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:50 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I'm watching The Steelers game, for sure, as I cheer for each injury.
I don't do that w/ ANY other team, by the way.  

I'm not even too proud to admit I'm hoping they have a plane go down en route.

I was pretty happy when Ben went down. But dude... it's a game. That's just not healthy... especially four days later. I'm not trying to be clever. That's downright unhealthy to hope they die.
Reply/Quote
Nah. I love football. I will root for certain teams.

Just because the Bengals lost their heads doesn't mean I have to lose mine.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't take a chance of missing something like this

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't take a chance of missing something like this

You're right.

Dalton did really well in those first 6 games. 67% completion percentage. 14:2 TD to INT ratio. 116.1 QB rating?

Definitely glad I didn't miss that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I am definitely DONE with this season. I'll casually keep up with who wins...via news.....but that's it. We host a pretty big Super bowl party every year.....and that is off as well. Just not interested in giving the NFL any more ratings....money.....or time right now. Hopefully that changes before next season.
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote