Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont forget our OLINE still blows
(04-25-2017, 01:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too early to tell, losing Whit hurt, we all know that but it might of hurt us more if he stayed and fell off.

Our season really hinges on how much Ogbuehi and Fisher improve. Bodine i have no hope for, he will be a weakness
but he is an experienced weakness and we still can draft his successor in a few days. Boling should be healthy unlike
last year and Andre should be an upgrade in the run game over Zeitler.

Fisher staying at one spot will help, Og getting an entire Offseason to work will help.

I'll say this for Ced....looking like a dumpster fire seems to have lit a fire under his ass, from what I've read.  He has really worked hard in the training department.  I hope it translates to on field success, we're gonna need him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll say this for Ced....looking like a dumpster fire seems to have lit a fire under his ass, from what I've read.  He has really worked hard in the training department.  I hope it translates to on field success, we're gonna need him.

For damn sure Wyche. Our season pretty much hinges on the guy whether we like it or not.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:10 AM)Striped4war Wrote: Hilarious!  Just one question,,who is the stop sign? Lol

No one on this unit! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lesser competition? You mean exactly like the Bengals 2017 starting tackles and a fresh back surgery-d Tyler Eifert?   Ninja

Og better up his game no doubt. Shit, i doubt Eifert is playing early this season.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll say this for Ced....looking like a dumpster fire seems to have lit a fire under his ass, from what I've read.  He has really worked hard in the training department.  I hope it translates to on field success, we're gonna need him.

But don't they always work hard and have there best off seasons ever , every single year.   Oggieboogie was pure trash last year.  I think he's hopeless  . He was trash his senior year at A&M when he played left tackle then they moved him to right   .  Hecwas absolutely garbage last year , why the fuk would the Bengals give him a starting spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: But don't they always work hard and have there best off seasons ever , every single year.   Oggieboogie was pure trash last year.  I think he's hopeless  . He was trash his senior year at A&M when he played left tackle then they moved him to right   .  Hecwas absolutely garbage last year , why the fuk would the Bengals give him a starting spot.

I dunno man....cause Bengals? LMAO

I was one of Og's harshest critics on here.  I won't lie, I'm as nervous as a guy with irritable bowel syndrome in a chili eating contest....but at least he is trying.  It looked like he wasn't even doing that last season.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: But don't they always work hard and have there best off seasons ever , every single year.   Oggieboogie was pure trash last year.  I think he's hopeless  . He was trash his senior year at A&M when he played left tackle then they moved him to right   .  Hecwas absolutely garbage last year , why the fuk would the Bengals give him a starting spot.

You make everything meaningless when you call him Oggieboogie, and pure trash.  That line is pure trash on so many levels.  

I repeat that NOBODY on here knows how the O Line will look come September. Nobody.  Ced and Fisher could end up great tackle picks. The line is being rebuilt, so nobody will really know until they get Spring, Summer practices and Preseason and into September. In April, nobody on here has a clue including me, it's all speculation. I again think they could reduce the coaching up process by garbage canning the Hue Jackson split O Line formations that never work anyway and Hue is long gone anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For damn sure Wyche. Our season pretty much hinges on the guy whether we like it or not.

Yes it does, just as it did last year. He almost single-handedly sank the 2016 season. I won't soon forget that. 

So while it's nice to hear he's busting his tail, I've always been a "see better than I hear" type. We'll see. Until then, I understand pessimism more than optimism with this line.

The pessimism has more evidence. The optimism is just people wanting to believe the o-line will be fine so they can dream about going 10-6 and losing a 1st round playoff game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There's no reason to think it will be better based on what. Oggieboogie first year as a left tackle, Andre first year at RG, Fisher first year as starter on RT. There's really no reason this line should be above shitty next year. None
Reply/Quote
We replaced our two players with guys that struggled last year, n I'm supposed to think they will be better this year . How the hell does that make any sense
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes it does, just as it did last year. He almost single-handedly sank the 2016 season. I won't soon forget that. 

So while it's nice to hear he's busting his tail, I've always been a "see better than I hear" type. We'll see. Until then, I understand pessimism more than optimism with this line.

The pessimism has more evidence. The optimism is just people wanting to believe the o-line will be fine so they can dream about going 10-6 and losing a 1st round playoff game.

PA should of been fired during last season.

Them keeping him around after having this guy start for like 11 games while destroying our season would be
unacceptable anywhere else. I completely agree, i just would rather hope than cry like ole Socal here.

Ogbuehi will be better this year, just how much is the question. If he is just a little bit better it won't be enuf. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:44 PM)Wyche Wrote:  I won't lie, I'm as nervous as a guy with irritable bowel syndrome in a chili eating contest....

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: PA should of been fired during last season.

Them keeping him around after having this guy start for like 11 games while destroying our season would be
unacceptable anywhere else. I completely agree, i just would rather hope than cry like ole Socal here.

Ogbuehi will be better this year, just how much is the question. If he is just a little bit better it won't be enuf. 

What's funny is, if Ogbuehi and Fisher do an ADEQUATE job or protecting Dalton, he will get assistant coach of the year.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 07:31 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What's funny is, if Ogbuehi and Fisher do an ADEQUATE job or protecting Dalton, he will get assistant coach of the year.

Yeah, just has to be adequate. No need to be the best. Sick
Reply/Quote