Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donta Hightower visiting Steelers
Jesus I hope they don't sign him and pair him with Shazier
Reply/Quote
He's not gonna leave NE imo.
Reply/Quote
but what about cap space?

My God, Pittsburgh wont have roll over money or enough for rookies and injuries.

How can they possibly do this. Cry Cry Cry

( because they are a great organization and want to win)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 04:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: but what about cap space?

My God, Pittsburgh wont have roll over money or enough for rookies and injuries.

I missed where he signed with Steelers who created a hole by Timmons walking to Miami. Hightower is a 10 million a year contract to 3 years unless Pats get him on the cheap for loyalty
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Steelers committed 100 million to 3 guys this year and we cant even keep 1 lineman?
Reply/Quote
Why of course Pitt will get him. Amazing how they can afford what they have done already. Can anyone remember a Bengal player/players who restructured their contract to make cap space? That's what bugs the shit out of me.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Why of course Pitt will get him. Amazing how they can afford what they have done already. Can anyone remember a Bengal player/players who restructured their contract to make cap space? That's what bugs the shit out of me.

Can you remember the last Bengal player asked to do that?  Has there ever been even one?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 10:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Can you remember the last Bengal player asked to do that?  Has there ever been even one?

I don't know, that's what I'm asking. I wanna say Chad Johnson or Palmer did but I'm not sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Jesus I hope they don't sign him and pair him with Shazier

Keep in mind too that the Steelers still have $19 million in cap space, so this can definitely happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When they sign Hightower that pretty much locks in two losses o Steelers once again next season.

However, that will happen regardless.

"Trust the process" which includes losing to Steelers
Reply/Quote
Good for the Steelers. Not sure who the front office points to when it comes to "Model Model" anymore. Certainly no other team that I can think of.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Think of the comp picks man!  We can't afford to lose any comp picks, who will most likely never even see the field! Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 02:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't know, that's what I'm asking. I wanna say Chad Johnson or Palmer did but I'm not sure.

Dalton negotiated a pretty team friendly deal to start with, but I don't think anyone has restructured that I can remember.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Think of the comp picks man!  We can't afford to lose any comp picks, who will most likely never even see the field! Whatever

That is so true. We have shown the league how rolling over cap money, having a good pool for rookies and injuries, and all those great 6th round comp picks are the formula for winning Super Bowls!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Keep in mind too that the Steelers still have $19 million in cap space, so this can definitely happen.

True, but also let J. Jones and Timmons walk. Also, they have a left tackle Villuega (spelling) due for a huge restructure as he only makes 650K so they have some cap concerns 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Are you going to bash the Steelers FO now as Hightower signed with Pats again? Steelers have yet to replace Timmons. They also have a huge contract issue coming at LT for the guy the play peanuts now, soon will make 10+ million a year somewhere.

Reply/Quote
No one can bash the Steelers after what they've spent this offseason. Matter of fact anyone want to take a guess at what cap space the Pats had to work with? And then look at how much they've spent this offseason?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you going to bash the Steelers FO now as Hightower signed with Pats again? Steelers have yet to replace Timmons. They also have a huge contract issue coming at LT for the guy the play peanuts now, soon will make 10+ million a year somewhere.

Steelers letting a guy walk is the exact same thing as us letting a guy walk yes.  But your just being confrontational if you are trying to argue someone that it isn't 2 totally different situations. Steelers have actually won championships in my lifetime and just won the AFCN easily.

Any comparing between us and them is simply done JUST to argue.

No he's not gonna bash the Steelers FO because they actually kept their promise to their fans and signed their heavy hitters and STILL looked to do even more. Their model is proven to consistently keep them in the playoffs and win championships. There's no comparing us on the same plane.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one can bash the Steelers after what they've spent this offseason. Matter of fact anyone want to take a guess at what cap space the Pats had to work with? And then look at how much they've spent this offseason?

Pats are notorious for trading players with big contracts. A great strategy. As far as money spent, the Bengals always spend above their required spend so not sure where you are going with the spend. Our issue is not spending, it is loyalty to players (not cutting them and their contract that is not guaranteed), a loyalty a great organization like the Pats and Steelers don't follow. The dead money by the Bengals each year is one of the best in the NFL, others have no problem cutting players and eating the bonuses they gave them up front (as signing bonus normally is allocated to the cap over the life of the contract).

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:50 PM)Housh Wrote:  Steelers letting a guy walk is the exact same thing as us letting a guy walk yes.  But your just being confrontational if you are trying to argue someone that it isn't 2 totally different situations. Steelers have actually won championships in my lifetime and just won the AFCN easily.

Any comparing between us and them is simply done JUST to argue.

No he's not gonna bash the Steelers FO because they actually kept their promise to their fans and signed their heavy hitters and STILL looked to do even more. Their model is proven to consistently keep them in the playoffs and win championships. There's no comparing us on the same plane.

Steelers under Cowher were very similar to us the past 5 years, with a slight step up as they won playoff games, but could not win a Super Bowl. Enter Ben R. and Cowher and the organization looks awesome again. As I look around, I see team with a  top 5 QB in the mix every year. We have never had a top 5 QB (no Palmer was not a top 5 QB that was consistently HOF caliber). A hall of fame QB is the difference, not the FO IMHO winning Super Bowls or being considered year after year. I love Belichick, but the man was an average coach prior to Tom Brady. Look up his record.

As far as the fight, I just get sick and tired of the moaning and the hypocrisy. My point was the person stating it as a fact the Steelers would sign Hightower because he visited the Steelers, but they lost to the team that has owned them again, the Pats with Hightower. The Steelers are the patriots *****. The Bengals just have more teams dominating them no doubt.

Reply/Quote