Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dontari Poe anyone?
Poe was just released by Dallas. Could be good dline help compared to what we have now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:24 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Poe was just released by Dallas. Could be good dline help compared to what we have now.

Vet minimum, if he does well extend him. Probably not great but could help a little. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:24 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Poe was just released by Dallas. Could be good dline help compared to what we have now.

I would just so I can stop hearing the lemming fans talk about bring back peko
Reply/Quote
All for it. Was he released for bad play or just because he makes too much dough?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for it. Was he released for bad play or just because he makes too much dough?

I believe he was coming back from quadriceps injury and just hasn't performed well enough. Only nine tackles so far iirc.

Might as well take a chance on him and see if there's anything left in the gas tank.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
bring him in kick the tires..hes a serious space eater if he can still perform.
Reply/Quote

Since he was released and we don't know the long term health of Wren, and it Tupou will come back and be what he was before, I might consider it.

Poe always struck me as the guy that won the combine but bounced around the league because he never really did match that hype and potential.  I like the idea of a quality depth player to give Reader some snaps off.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for it. Was he released for bad play or just because he makes too much dough?

Lack of performance and 30 lbs overweight, according to Jerry Jones.  We really need help at DT, and he's the kind of run plugger with some pass rush potential that we could use to replace Reader, at least in theory.  BUT he has a reputation for being lazy (i.e., Dunlap 2.0) and a bit of a malcontent.  Not a great locker room or effort guy, 30 years old and 5 years removed from his two pro bowl seasons.  Plus he kneels for the anthem, which is not a factor for me but likely to influence our owner...  I would be surprised if we even kick the tires.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:27 AM)shanebo Wrote: Lack of performance and 30 lbs overweight, according to Jerry Jones.  We really need help at DT, and he's the kind of run plugger with some pass rush potential that we could use to replace Reader, at least in theory.  BUT he has a reputation for being lazy (i.e., Dunlap 2.0) and a bit of a malcontent.  Not a great locker room or effort guy, 30 years old and 5 years removed from his two pro bowl seasons.  Plus he kneels for the anthem, which is not a factor for me but likely to influence our owner...  I would be surprised if we even kick the tires.  

Thanks, didn't know all of this Shanebo. I find this highly unlikely now.
Reply/Quote