Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dontari Poe
Peko should have been replaced 3 years ago but I think if we could somehow add Poe at a decent price it'd be a huge upgrade
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would be interesting to see if he could regain his previous form. Crazy that he's still only 26 and will turn 27 right before the season starts.

He'd need to lose 15-25 pounds, though. 346 is awfully large for a 4-3 tackle. Atkins is at 300, Peko is at 325, and Pat Sims is at 330, to give an idea for comparison.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 05:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would be interesting to see if he could regain his previous form. Crazy that he's still only 26 and will turn 27 right before the season starts.

He'd need to lose 15-25 pounds, though. 346 is awfully large for a 4-3 tackle. Atkins is at 300, Peko is at 325, and Pat Sims is at 330, to give an idea for comparison.

To be fair, the Bengals were ready to put Shaun Rodgers in the 4-3.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 05:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: To be fair, the Bengals were ready to put Shaun Rodgers in the 4-3.

To be unfair, the Bengals put James Harrison in the 4-3. Lol

Not that he theoretically couldn't succeed at 346, but that's still probably more than I think a 4-3 DT should be if you want him to have any ability to defend against outside runs or spry QBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Would never happen. This guy will be on lots of teams radars and as TLL says his weight is way above a 4-3 DT.

Really like the guy but this is not likely at all for the Bengals IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 06:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: To be unfair, the Bengals put James Harrison in the 4-3. Lol

Not that he theoretically couldn't succeed at 346, but that's still probably more than I think a 4-3 DT should be if you want him to have any ability to defend against outside runs or spry QBs.

Here's the thing.  You don't ask your 346 DT to chase spy QBs or runs to the outside.  You have him clog the middle, blow up plays, and force action to the other players.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He ran a 40 under 5 seconds and has a quick burst I don't see how he wouldn't be a huge upgrade over peko even in a 4-3 defense
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 03:51 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Peko should have been replaced 3 years ago but I think if we could somehow add Poe at a decent price it'd be a huge upgrade

I think Billings is the starter. They're not gonna pay 8 million or even 5 million when they would be more than happy with Billings as a starter with peko as backup. 
Reply/Quote