Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historical Predictions Moving Forward
Not a bandwagon fan here.  Been a fan since 1968.  Things won't change fan-wise or franchise-wise.

Predictions:

1.  MB continues on as owner so things stay status quo.

2.  Marvin doesn't want to retire after 2 dismal seasons, and stays on as HC.

3.  AJ McCarron becomes a free agent and Bengals get nothing for him.

4.  Bengals have just enough of a decent draft and alot of the fan hype is positive, as it is most every year, with another reality of disappointments.

5.  Bengals continue to let teams get in their heads.

6.  2018 will bring more of the same bashing threads of the same management, coaches, and players, knowing that as long as MB keeps control nothing changes.

7.  NFL gets their way with a Pats-Steelers AFC Championship game.

8.  Bengal fans regress just a notch above Browns fans, rooting for a winning season, instead of a playoff win, while Browns fans root for a win of any sorts.

9.  As 2018 unfolds with, dismal results, same fans will swear, once again, that they will stop being fans if Marvin isn't fired!

10.  I will remain an upper deck nose bleed fan of the Bengals and any team that plays Thugsburgh, following scores but refusing to support the NFL whatsoever.

Etc.

(Okay, whatever I missed, you can fill in.)
Reply/Quote
My bold predictions:
Mike Brown officially turns over control of the team to Katie, taking advantage of no coaches being under contract after the season for her to put her stamp on things.

Katie then hires a GM or promotes Tobin to be the official GM.

Many current position coaches are "chosen" by the new HC to re-up again with the Bengals.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
"These same 2 decision makers [Mike Brown and Duke Tobin] may be about to embark on The Offseason Plan going forward, hiring all new Coaches or promoting from within and then developing the Draft Plan. The level of input from a New Coach unclear."

This sounds about right to me. I don't think Brown gives up control of the team.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote