Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door to door vaccine push..........WTH?
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/06/us/politics/biden-vaccines.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-admin-door-to-door-coronavirus-vaccines
Reply/Quote
I'm sure all those politicians whinging about door knockers would never dare use them during their political campaigns. Rolleyes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well if people would quit being idiots, they wouldn't be necessary.
Reply/Quote
Door to door forced vaccinations would be a blatant violation of the Fourth Amendment.
Reply/Quote
I would give a lot of money to see all those anti Vax people standing on their opinion if it was Ebola.

I really do.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 02:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Door to door forced vaccinations would be a blatant violation of the Fourth Amendment.

Fwiw, they're not going to door to door to vaccinate people; they're going to door to door to make sure people are educated about it (whatever that means).  I'm assuming they'll be passing out some type of literature or doing a questionnaire of sorts (are you vaccinated, do you plan on getting vaccinated, did you know you can go here to get vaccinated, etc.)

Honestly, this sounds like an absolutely terrible idea to me.  I'm not sure how anyone couldn't already have the proper information needed to make their own decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.  I can't imagine this visit swaying anyone's opinion either.  I also question that with the virus still being out there if it's the best idea sending out droves of people to come into contact with those who remain unvaccinated.

Seems like a giant waste of time and money, and it's setting up both workers and residents for some terribly unpleasant interactions.  A lot of people don't like people showing up to their door unannounced.  I know I certainly don't.  Nothing pissing me off more than when I get a knock on my door and someone is standing there that I don't know.
Reply/Quote
You know if Trump did this, people would be saying "Trump is having soldiers go door-to-door..... just like Hilter did......."

Weird how Biden is free from criticism.......
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 03:42 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I would give a lot of money to see all those anti Vax people standing on their opinion if it was Ebola.

I really do.

It is not totally irrational to be wary of the vaccine. I want to get back to normal so I got the vaccine.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 01:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well if people would quit being idiots, they wouldn't be necessary.

I agree!  If people would quit being idiots and stop trying to force other people into injecting something into their body they do not want to we wouldn't have an issue.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 07:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You know if Trump did this, people would be saying "Trump is having soldiers go door-to-door.....  just like Hilter did......."

Weird how Biden is free from criticism.......

Instead Biden said it and Marjorie Taylor Green compared him to Hitler.  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 02:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I agree!  If people would quit being idiots and stop trying to force other people into injecting something into their body they do not want to we wouldn't have an issue.

Americans, don't want to take the risk of putting a vaccine in their bodies, eat zillions of Big Macs.  What a wacky country.  
Reply/Quote
Would the people actually going from door to door be known as Joehovaxx Witnesses? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 02:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I agree!  If people would quit being idiots and stop trying to force other people into injecting something into their body they do not want to we wouldn't have an issue.

Where are people being forced to take it? Lay off the hyperbole.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 04:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where are people being forced to take it? Lay off the hyperbole.

Staff at hospitals and long term care facilities for starters. Both are reasonable fields to require them in, due to their increased contact with immunocompromised people.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Instead Biden said it and Marjorie Taylor Green compared him to Hitler.  

One person, and CNN, NBC, and the rest of them are grilling her for it.

Thanks for proving my point.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 04:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where are people being forced to take it? Lay off the hyperbole.

It wasn't "demanded", but at my company we were "strongly encouraged" to get vaccinated.  As a land surveyor, I often work out of town, coming in contact with many strangers.  Pretty much, I got the vaccine to put my elder family members at ease.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 05:28 PM)treee Wrote: Staff at hospitals and long term care facilities for starters. Both are reasonable fields to require them in, due to their increased contact with immunocompromised people.

(07-09-2021, 05:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It wasn't "demanded", but at my company we were "strongly encouraged" to get vaccinated.  As a land surveyor, I often work out of town, coming in contact with many strangers.  Pretty much, I got the vaccine to put my elder family members at ease.

Hey look at that - I still don't see where people are being forced to take them.

A job can't force you to take a vaccine. They can fire you for it, but it still remains your choice.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 05:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey look at that - I still don't see where people are being forced to take them.

A job can't force you to take a vaccine. They can fire you for it, but it still remains your choice.
Don't be a twit, and play the semantics game.  Weather by absolute order or by subtle pressure, force is still force.  Making the aura of uncertainty if a recommendation is not complied with is not unlike a direct order.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't be a twit, and play the semantics game.  Weather by absolute order or by subtle pressure, force is still force.  Making the aura of uncertainty if a recommendation is not complied with is not unlike a direct order.

But it is semantics. Nobody is holding you down and jabbing you with shots, therefore nobody is forcing you to do a damn thing.

They're forcing you to deal with consequences of your actions, WHICH IS HOW THE WORLD SHOULD WORK.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 05:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: One person, and CNN, NBC, and the rest of them are grilling her for it.

Thanks for proving my point.

ThumbsUp

She's a congresswoman, you dunderhead.  It's hard to act like a member of congress comparing the president to Hitler is just "one person."  It's amazing how someone like you who clearly hates Biden would argue that he is so loved and approved of.  Honestly, I'm more amused that MTG's revelation that comparing things to Nazis and the holocaust is a "bad thing" lasted only a few weeks, if that.
Reply/Quote