Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double D’s back on the team
Reds signed Dietrich to a minor league deal with a ST invite. Fun guy to have in the clubhouse, but not going to be as easy to make the roster this year.

[Must be logged in to view this link]

[Image: ajtpggg.gif]
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
Reply/Quote
I have mixed feelings about him. On the one hand I like a bit of attitude and bravado. On the other hand there's a point where it goes over the line. Then add in him falling flat on his face after May or whatever.

I'll be surprised if he makes it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Never saw a season like Dietrich had last year.

first 29 games...….. .196 avg, 518 slg%, 5 HR, 11 RBI
next 26 games...…. .329 avg, .838 slg%, 12 HR, 22 RBI
final 57 games...…. .099 avg, .207 slg%, 2 HR, 6 RBI

Over his last 121 at bats (57 games) Dietrich had 12 hits and 6 RBI. There are a lot of pitchers who hit better than that.

Reply/Quote
DD hit his peak in Reds country for sure. 18 HRs in a short span then ______________________________.071. Perhaps he'll shoot another 18 across the fence, but if I had to bet I wouldn't. Potentially he's a damned good ticket seller, but he's also a potential "I'm not buying a ticket tomorrow." guy.
My key to long life: Get old or die! There are no further options available at this time.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not the Double Ds I was expecting.

1 star thread, for false advertisement.

Ninja

[Image: Gresham_blows_up_Trufant_medium.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have mixed feelings about him. On the one hand I like a bit of attitude and bravado. On the other hand there's a point where it goes over the line. Then add in him falling flat on his face after May or whatever.

I'll be surprised if he makes it.

I don’t have mixed feelings. I’m just not a fan of people that are cocky and showoffs. Call me old school or whatever. Those types are just annoying to watch or be around. People that strut in anything they do make me roll my eyes.
Reply/Quote
He is a fun player, but did not perform very well. Who knows? Maybe he gets on fire.
And the first pick in the 2020 NFL draft goes to...wait there's been a trade!WhoDey2 
Reply/Quote