Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid-Round Gems
I think the Bengals will have several opportunities to select great players in the 2017 draft during mid-rounds due to compensatory drafts and the possible trade of AJ Mac. 

Doe anyone have data for potential draft gems in the mid-rounds; let's say rounds 3-5?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Right now, my Favorite mid-round would be Jake Butt TE. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
This is one of my favorite sites. While scouts opinions can vary, this site is totally dedicated to how the players performed from a technical perspective, game by game, vs his peers. They do updated mocks, big board, and rank players by position. And it is free. It has recently changed it's name, hopefully you can access it. I also like NFL.com's player tracker and also CBS sports.

https://www.footballcouchscout.com/
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 02:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: This is one of my favorite sites.  While scouts opinions can vary, this site is totally dedicated to how the players performed from a technical perspective.  They do updated mocks, big board, and rank players by position. And it is free.  It has recently changed it's name, hopefully you can access it.  I also like NFL.com's player tracker and also CBS sports.

https://www.footballcouchscout.com/

this is a nice site thanks!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Some of these players caught my eye during the Senior Bowl and I've watched some games on them. Not many, but still I liked what I've seen thus far.

1. Chad Williams, WR. Grambling. He's been productive and Senior Bowl he was able to win matchups. He showed he was fast and is definitely a sleeper.
2. Adam Bisnowaty, OT. Pittsburgh. He has great technique and length, but isn't really too athletic. Hard worker, but would be better suited as an OG. He also was a LT instead of TJ Clemmings, someone I know a lot of people wanted.
3. Anthony Walker, LB. Northwestern. He's a very good player. He added a ton of weight this last year, like 20 lbs. He wasn't as explosive as the year before, but he was still productive. If he can lose weight, someone definitely got a steal.
4. Obi Melifonwu, S. Conneticut. Dude was great at the combine and my favorite prospect there. He may go higher than mid rounds. He's a little raw, but he has speed, athleticism, and size.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals will have several opportunities to select great players in the 2017 draft during mid-rounds due to compensatory drafts and the possible trade of AJ Mac. 

Doe anyone have data for potential draft gems in the mid-rounds; let's say rounds 3-5?

Players with good production in college but viewed as being potentially limited in the NFL and therefore pegged as mid-round picks that I like:
Jordan Willis, DE Kansas St
Hunter Dimick, DE Utah
Stacy Coley, WR Miami
Kareem Hunt, RB Toledo
Eddie Vanderdoes, DT UCLA
Kendell Beckwith, LB LSU
Jon Toth, C UK
Jamaal Williams, RB BYU

A few players who are more risky either due to injury or lower level of competition but better traits for the NFL if properly developed:
Tanoh Kpassanon, DE Villanova (raw)
Eddie Jackson, FS Alabama (injury)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Kyle Fuller, a center from Baylor, is a possibility. He's supposed to be very physical, not just a good weightlifter. Love to see us get a mauler in the middle.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Walker was a beast before this year. I don't know what happened. Goth at center would be good but I am hoping they grab that center from OSU.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Right now, my Favorite mid-round would be Jake Butt TE. 

Jake butt is top would have been a first round if not for injury. Also Taylor moton, tanoh kpassagnon if he lasts till third, Joe mixon, Ejuan price.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals will have several opportunities to select great players in the 2017 draft during mid-rounds due to compensatory drafts and the possible trade of AJ Mac. 

KD Cannon WR Baylor, very fast. Need a little speed.

Also like the TE out of Toledo that Sunset has been pimping. Such a common name i forgot, think it is Michael Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 07:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: KD Cannon WR Baylor, very fast. Need a little speed.

Also like the TE out of Toledo that Sunset has been pimping. Such a common name i forgot, think it is Michael Thomas.

His name is Michael Roberts. ThumbsUp 

He is my favorite mid-round sleeper.  Not because he is so exceptional at any particular aspect of the game/position, but because I think he would be an excellent FIT in the Bengals offensive scheme.  He's got traditional TE size (6' 41/2" 272#), has good hands (15 TD receptions this year), and is an aggressive blocker both in-line and down field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His name is Michael Roberts. ThumbsUp 

He is my favorite mid-round sleeper.  Not because he is so exceptional at any particular aspect of the game/position, but because I think he would be an excellent FIT in the Bengals offensive scheme.  He's got traditional TE size (6' 41/2" 272#), has good hands (15 TD receptions this year), and is an aggressive blocker both in-line and down field.

Put another 20 pounds plus on him and move him to guard!  We can invent the guard eligible play and beat the patriots at their own game.  Have to check his 40 time.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His name is Michael Roberts. ThumbsUp 

Ah, thanks Sunset. This is the guy.

Roberts, draft this guy in the middle rounds. So deep at TE this year and with Eifert's injury problems it is a need.
Reply/Quote
The best guys to look for as sleepers are small time school players that are there for reasons other that they are not good enough for D1. A couple that come to mind are:

Jessamen Dunker/ OG

Brendan Langley/ CB

Avery Moss/ DE

Gerald Everett/ WR-TE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Right now, my Favorite mid-round would be Jake Butt TE. 

He would be an excellent choice as one of our fourth rounders (I would use the early round 4th) because even though he would likely be on IR all year, you are getting first round talent for the following year and a great insurance policy if you can't retain Eifert.  

I can't help but think most teams might be thinking the same way, but many will need an immediate starter...
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He would be an excellent choice as one of our fourth rounders (I would use the early round 4th) because even though he would likely be on IR all year, you are getting first round talent for the following year and a great insurance policy if you can't retain Eifert.  

I can't help but think most teams might be thinking the same way, but many will need an immediate starter...

I hope he is there in 4th.  May have to spend a 3rd on him. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Jon Toth- Center UK.... can play all 3 inside line positions
Cole Hikutini- TE Louisville..... he's going to be all over some team's highlights....
Reply/Quote