Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doughnuts, Doughnuts and Doughnuts
Was on the way into the office today when on impulse I stopped at a local mom & pop doughnut shop and picked up some doughnuts for my co-workers. No reason, or planned trip. Just decided to at the last minute.

So, what are your doughnut-at-work experiences? How often do you or someone else buy for the gang? Do you take up collections? What's your favorite/least favorite doughnut? Any pet peeves about how doughnut day usually functions?

My favorite is a cream-filled, be it chocolate or maple. Least favorite is anything custard-filled. Also don't like the kind with sprinkles. Pet peeve? When someone cuts a doughnut in half and leaves the orphaned half in the box. Yuck.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Thanks for reminding me I'm diabetic. I miss doughnuts. Cry
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thanks for reminding me I'm diabetic. I miss doughnuts. Cry

[Image: image.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: image.png]

[Image: 200_s.gif]
Reply/Quote
On a serious note, I would love to try one of those maple bacon glazed doughnuts!
Reply/Quote
I am not a huge doughnut fan except when they are still so fresh they are warm. Then all i need is a plain glazed yeast doughnut. Nothing much better than that.

BTW In 1984 I worked as a "baker" (actually a "deep fryer") for Dunkin Donuts in Chattanooga.
Reply/Quote
I have to admit that even as a diabetic there are days when I cave. Chocolate cream or jelly filled, that's my jam. I like any filled donut, though. When a day is rough at work, maybe once a month (I wish rough days only came that often), I head downstairs (we have a Dunkin' on the first floor of our building) and get an extra large coffee and a donut around 3 pm. Still not good for me, but I stopped smoking about 3 years ago now, so it's what I have left. LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 12:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to admit that even as a diabetic there are days when I cave. Chocolate cream or jelly filled, that's my jam. I like any filled donut, though. When a day is rough at work, maybe once a month (I wish rough days only came that often), I head downstairs (we have a Dunkin' on the first floor of our building) and get an extra large coffee and a donut around 3 pm. Still not good for me, but I stopped smoking about 3 years ago now, so it's what I have left. LOL

If there were a doughnut shop in my office building they'd be knocking out a wall so I could enter my office.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thanks for reminding me I'm diabetic.  I miss doughnuts.   Cry

Yeah....me too.  The double edged axe of the doughnut dilemma....carbs AND sugar.  I think it's been around three years since I had one last.  Fresh doughnuts rock(ed).

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a huge doughnut fan except when they are still so fresh they are warm.  Then all i need is a plain glazed yeast doughnut.  Nothing much better than that.

BTW In 1984 I worked as a "baker" (actually a "deep fryer") for Dunkin Donuts in Chattanooga.
Time to make the doughnuts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a huge doughnut fan except when they are still so fresh they are warm. Then all i need is a plain glazed yeast doughnut. Nothing much better than that.

not even the ones sprinkled in cinnamon and sugar? custard, jelly, creme, Persian

Just glazed?

Well Anyone near the Lebanon area (oh) should try out the Donut Shoppe on columbus ave... best around that ive had...

had donuts for dinner this past sunday...

(02-04-2016, 10:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Was on the way into the office today when on impulse I stopped at a local mom & pop doughnut shop and picked up some doughnuts for my co-workers. No reason, or planned trip. Just decided to at the last minute.

So, what are your doughnut-at-work experiences? How often do you or someone else buy for the gang? Do you take up collections? What's your favorite/least favorite doughnut? Any pet peeves about how doughnut day usually functions?

My favorite is a cream-filled, be it chocolate or maple. Least favorite is anything custard-filled. Also don't like the kind with sprinkles. Pet peeve? When someone cuts a doughnut in half and leaves the orphaned half in the box. Yuck.

My favorite is probly the Custard-filled but a close second is the Persians w/o nuts (which is the maple glazed on cinnamon swirl type donut if they are called something else elsewhere) Custard though is probly because i can no longer find custard pies or anything close.

Least favorite is lol idk i tend to avoid the white cream filled donuts. If we do donuts at work i generally pick them up because once they had them from the donut shoppe thats all they want and there is a dunken about 3 minutes from work.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My favorite is probly the Custard-filled but a close second is the Persians w/o nuts (which is the maple glazed on cinnamon swirl type donut if they are called something else elsewhere) Custard though is probly because i can no longer find custard pies or anything close.

Least favorite is lol idk i tend to avoid the white cream filled donuts. If we do donuts at work i generally pick them up because once they had them from the donut shoppe thats all they want and there is a dunken about 3 minutes from work.

Backwards. White creme-filled are the shit. You probably can't find custard pies anymore because people finally came to the conclusion that custard's nasty LOL Unless it's frozen, I am down with frozen custard.
Reply/Quote
Not a big donuts guy, I like savory breakfast more than sweet.

Anyway, there is a place downtown called Holtmans Donuts. We actually got them for our wedding favors. Really good donuts.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I definitely enjoy doughnuts. It helps living in the Portland area since we've got Voodoo Doughnuts.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 05:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Backwards. White creme-filled are the shit. You probably can't find custard pies anymore because people finally came to the conclusion that custard's nasty LOL Unless it's frozen, I am down with frozen custard.

i think its more to do with bill knabs closing down... those bastards.
Reply/Quote