Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloadable Movie Clips?
Anybody know where I can find a downloadable movie clip of just the paty when Forrest Gump says “I was running”?

I'm putting the video of me running at the end of my presentation, and I want the slide after to have the video of Forrest saying that because I think it would be hilarious and awesome.

(Come to think, though, high school kids might not have any clue what that scene is because it came out before the were born *how old does that make everyone feel?*, but it still would be pretty cool.)

Might be easy, but I'm about to get a shower and then rolling over to lift/workout.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Reply/Quote
It's been a while, but ATube Catcher might still be around, get any youtube clip you want.
Reply/Quote
dont you need permission from the Forrest Gump copyright holder to use their clip as part of a public presentation?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:02 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's been a while, but ATube Catcher might still be around, get any youtube clip you want.
Found it on Vine, but it won't play in Windows Media Player.
(11-24-2015, 12:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: dont you need permission from the Forrest Gump copyright holder to use their clip as part of a public presentation?

I doubt they'd mind if I used it for my presentation.

Regardless, I think you only need it if you make money off of it, which I don't make much, so I doubt they'd mind.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Found it on Vine, but it won't play in Windows Media Player.

Regardless, I think you only need it if you make money off of it, which I don't make much, so I doubt they'd mind.

If you "make" that's all they'd need. I'm not to caught up in copyright laws but I wouldn't risk it. Ultimately up to you though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Found it on Vine, but it won't play in Windows Media Player.

If your making any ANY money you should not use other peoples copyrighted work.
Reply/Quote
The people who own the rights to "Forrest Gump" should be thankful for anything that gets the movie back out in the public eye.

That movie is over 20 years old now.
Reply/Quote
If it was me I would show the clip of me on the treadmill in super slow motion with the soundtrack from "Chariots of Fire" in the background.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The people who own the rights to "Forrest Gump" should be thankful for anything that gets the movie back out in the public eye.

That movie is over 20 years old now.

maybe how long to copyrights last?

Its like pulling imagines off someones website they worked hard on and using them to promote your website.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If your making any ANY money you should not use other peoples copyrighted work.

(11-25-2015, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe  how long to copyrights last?

Its like pulling imagines off someones website they worked hard on and using them to promote your website.

I typed to an attorney and he thinks that it should be ok because it would fall under the "fair use" category, which made sense when I checked-up on what "fair use" is.

Plus, I'm not playing it off as my own or even using it to enhance the quality of my presentation, but just rather as humor.
Reply/Quote
I found one on Vine that I downloaded, but after he says "I was running," it plays a few seconds of a Drake song, so does anyone know where to find a version with just the quote?
Reply/Quote