Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dr. Jill Biden wants BOTH LSU and IOWA WBB to visit White House.
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious A JOKE.

https://sports.yahoo.com/angel-reese-not-interested-in-jill-bidens-pitch-to-invite-iowa-to-white-house-alongside-lsu-025929247.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANarlo15kyYUF94e6vDOcsA8WIMXRfxx128bkXDaWAG6mGUmjLn_0SVrEZpj8mXRSxoSOH-EskaxDMD0Z9NjZQDvRAgShD6ddylBPSthvzWpqmqf1DpFpJpzFB96EV0ZPTUjdWAQwEbF-zmxCpqMenfM4-WtE1yu22HKv52EmMWL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2023/04/04/caitlin-clark-iowa-jill-biden-participation-trophy-white-house-invite/11597081002/
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine coming in second place and still thinking you deserve to be at the white house?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 12:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious A JOKE.

https://sports.yahoo.com/angel-reese-not-interested-in-jill-bidens-pitch-to-invite-iowa-to-white-house-alongside-lsu-025929247.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANarlo15kyYUF94e6vDOcsA8WIMXRfxx128bkXDaWAG6mGUmjLn_0SVrEZpj8mXRSxoSOH-EskaxDMD0Z9NjZQDvRAgShD6ddylBPSthvzWpqmqf1DpFpJpzFB96EV0ZPTUjdWAQwEbF-zmxCpqMenfM4-WtE1yu22HKv52EmMWL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2023/04/04/caitlin-clark-iowa-jill-biden-participation-trophy-white-house-invite/11597081002/

Eh, this is the second post on the boards I've seen about it.  I don't know it's that big a deal or not.  It's ceremonial anyway.

Besides, lots of unprecedented things going on this week.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 01:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, this is the second post on the boards I've seen about it.  I don't know it's that big a deal or not.  It's ceremonial anyway.

Besides, lots of unprecedented things going on this week.   Mellow

I think it's a bit silly, but the main thing I take away from the outrage is that conservatives can see a gun (or gun culture) as a mere object that is directed only by the human user, but a participation trophy (or participation trophy culture) is an object that can and will cause irreparable harm to someone and should be banned for the good of the country. 

As someone who has never used a gun to commit a crime and someone who has been given participation trophies, yet managed to not become a completely delusional loser, I can't help but feel like a bit of a badass.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh my Satan.

Imagine being outraged at a big bunch of nothing.

I guess when your entire personality is outrage, you'll get mad at anything.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh my Satan.

Welcome to the state of American politics. People are too wrapped up in the cults of personality that exist for high profile politicians and don't focus at all on the things that really matter.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh my Satan.

Who’s outraged?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 01:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As someone who has never used a gun to commit a crime and someone who has been given participation trophies, yet managed to not become a completely delusional loser, I can't help but feel like a bit of a badass.

By definition, would you be aware if you had?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 09:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: By definition, would you be aware if you had?   Ninja

I'd say you've got yourself a catch 22 there, Yossarian.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Who’s outraged?

Tell me you didn't read the articles without telling me you didn't read the articles.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Who’s outraged?

LSU basketball star Angel Reese points out Jill Biden hypocrisy with Iowa White House invite (msn.com)
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 07:08 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Tell me you didn't read the articles without telling me you didn't read the articles.

Sure did. Wasn’t sure if you were calling OP’s entire personality outrage or some lady at USA Today and so-called “black Twitter’s” entire personality outrage. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 10:55 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: LSU basketball star Angel Reese points out Jill Biden hypocrisy with Iowa White House invite (msn.com)

Shut up and dribble.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 10:58 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sure did. Wasn’t sure if you were calling OP’s entire personality outrage or some lady at USA Today and so-called “black Twitter’s” entire personality outrage. Thanks

It was in reference to everyone throwing a fit. Players from both teams, the author of the 2nd article, Twitter.

You know - the people acting like it's some big deal when it's a gigantic nothingburger.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 01:58 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It was in reference to everyone throwing a fit. Players from both teams, the author of the 2nd article, Twitter.

You know - the people acting like it's some big deal when it's a gigantic nothingburger.

Hell, it seems like only yesterday when teams that won didn't want to go to the White House. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, it seems like only yesterday when teams that won didn't want to go to the White House. 

It was only yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:
It was only yesterday.

Losing a popularity contest to Obama is no shame.  
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Jill's thought process was "This is the most the sports world has ever cared about women's basketball and a lot of that is because of Caitlin Clark. Why not celebrate and highlight both teams while the iron's hot?"

Tone deaf and disrespectful to LSU, but I get why she wanted to do it.

Tsk tsk, Jill.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wonder if Jill's thought process was "This is the most the sports world has ever cared about women's basketball and a lot of that is because of Caitlin Clark. Why not celebrate and highlight both teams while the iron's hot?"

Tone deaf and disrespectful to LSU, but I get why she wanted to do it.

Tsk tsk, Jill.

LOL likely not, She wanted to invite the Eagles as well, so it's not like it's the first time and has nothing to do with "Race". 

That's all media built up bs and hype. 
There's nothing wrong with taunting, some can be rather tasteless but almost all do it, so who cares?? Was anyone here hurt by it?

Reese saying she's going to the Obama's over the WH is borderline racist to me. The winners go to the WH, losers go home. (PS my post is not directed at you as an attack, just saying).
Reply/Quote