Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Bowers
(12-05-2023, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Stover and hope we pick him in the mid rounds if we don't get Bowers, but you are such an OSU homer Jpoore lol

Bowers is on another level as a pass catcher than Stover and WAY more athletic, not slightly more.

Depends what you’re saying…. I think stover being a former lber and dlineman has a fairly significantly better feel for zone. RAC ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE its bowers. And physicality in run blocking and after the catch it’s stover. But man coverage wide receiver type it’s bowers no question. So it’s what you want. I feel stover so it eliminates predictability. I look at it this way. Stover would be what we thought we would get in sample of sample had good receiving ability.

And yea I’m biased but I also usually HATE osu te bc they’re usually just check down type tes who have no real ability in terms of nfl talent. Stover has legit seam stretching talent and NEVER goes down first contact. Stover my ride or die this draft I just love the way he plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 09:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Depends what you’re saying…. I think stover being a former lber and dlineman has a fairly significantly better feel for zone. RAC ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE its bowers.  And physicality in run blocking and after the catch it’s stover. But man coverage wide receiver type it’s bowers no question. So it’s what you want. I feel stover so it eliminates predictability. I look at it this way. Stover would be what we thought we would get in sample of sample had good receiving ability.

And yea I’m biased but I also usually HATE osu te bc they’re usually just check down type tes who have no real ability in terms of nfl talent. Stover has legit seam stretching talent and NEVER goes down first contact. Stover my ride or die this draft I just love the way he plays.

I am down with that. Smirk
Reply/Quote
We now know the Bengals are picking approximately 13th to 18th. I offer this puts them out of the running to draft Bowers.

Would anyone attempt to trade up for him or is it an automatic "No" since TEs aren't traditionally valued as 1st round picks?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 05:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We now know the Bengals are picking approximately 13th to 18th. I offer this puts them out of the running to draft Bowers.

Would anyone attempt to trade up for him or is it an automatic "No" since TEs aren't traditionally valued as 1st round picks?

This year there is an argument for trading up to get a Bowers because the TE class. I would say no because its looking like a great overall draft class and it would cost a pick at least around the top 100 to move up in the teens. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Bowers is worth trading up for, just not for us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 05:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We now know the Bengals are picking approximately 13th to 18th. I offer this puts them out of the running to draft Bowers.

I can't imagine trading up for anyone just because of how much the Bengals hate it. Duke and Mike Potts talked about how much they hated doing it twice in 2022.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Usually am cool with trading up to get the player wanted and Bowers certainly is a worthy player.

Just not sure it's the year to do so with all the Bengals holes that need filled and would not want to part with a top 100 pick.

Yet would love to see Bowers in stripes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 09:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Usually am cool with trading up to get the player wanted and Bowers certainly is a worthy player.

Just not sure it's the year to do so with all the Bengals holes that need filled and would not want to part with a top 100 pick.

Yet would love to see Bowers in stripes.

Very well said.

I'm the same way but I remind myself that we don't draft on emotion.
Reply/Quote
I think we finally score with a power RT with Taliese fuaga, i think he might still be there 12 to 18 range... Hopefully we trade Tee , pick up a 2nd round pick and we go WR/DT, if we keep Tee, need to go DT in 2nd round... Hall from OSU might be a good pick...
Reply/Quote
Their is a 40 percent chance he is available when we draft good chance 6 QB' will be gone by the time we pick. If we had to give up a 3rd this year and next wouldn't be opposed to trading up 2 or 3 spots
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 01:22 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Their is a 40 percent chance he is available when we draft good chance 6 QB' will be gone by the time we pick. If we had to give up a 3rd this year and next  wouldn't be opposed to trading up 2 or 3 spots

At first I was like no chance 6 QBs touch the top 20 this year. I named them and was like "yea no way"... then I looked at the QB needy teams. Washington, New England, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Minnesota, Denver, Seattle then you have maybe's like Chicago, NY Giants, Tennessee, NY Jets, New Orleans. Those are the teams drafting ahead of the Bengals right now at #16.

If JJ McCarthy hangs in there with Michael Penix in the National Championship you could see a team reaching for him lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 10:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think we finally score with a power RT with Taliese fuaga, i think he might still be there 12 to 18 range... Hopefully we trade Tee , pick up a 2nd round pick and we go WR/DT, if we keep Tee, need to go DT in 2nd round... Hall from OSU might be a good pick...

I need someone to explain fuaga to me… not a fan he seems like a phenomal run blocker which don’t matter to us too much, but succepible in pass pro. I don’t get the love that high.
Reply/Quote