Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I tried a mock
1. 31 Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M 6'4 323

If he's really there at 31 I'd run to the podium. I'm not at all confident in our backup's and this guy is a dominant run blocker already. We have to do everything we can to protect JB.

2. 63 Logan Hall DT/DE Houston 6'6 283

Explosive comes up a lot in his overviews, violent hands, violent slaps and moving feet help him clear the edge, keeps feet charging forward as a rusher. Probably needs a year of development but could be a real gem.

3. 95 Erik Ezukanma WR Texas Tech 6'2 209

Like the Oline I'm not real thrilled with backup WR's behind the big 3. Ezukanma has enough speed to get down the field and challenge coverage while displaying an innate sense for protecting and finishing contested catches underneath. Needs some polish but seems to fit the bill.

4. Tariq Castro-Fields CB Peen St. 6'1 197

4.38 40 Castro-Fields' length, strength and athleticism are likely to be viewed as moldable features by defensive back coaches.

I'm no draft geek so......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we got the first 2 picks I would pack up my things and call it an A+

I could see us taking Hall at 31. I know it would be a bit of a reach but him being there at 63 is not likely. And the DT class is way weaker than the CB class.

It is really going to come down to who falls and if there is a guy we love for whatever reason.

Biggest needs for me are - LG/DT, CB in that order. Hall would give us that rotational/starter role we need at DT

Nice job!
Reply/Quote
Like Hokie said, real chance we take Hall at 31 due to depth of OL/CB class compared to 3Ts.

I'd feel better about the available CBs in 2 more but solid all around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote