Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day!!
(04-25-2024, 10:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How about Bowers and then later use the second 3rd pick on Sinnott? Double TE sets here we come. 

Who Dey Fun day to see what unfolds.

I would be stoked if we get Sinnott or Holker. I was pounding the table last year for LaPorta. I get the same vibe with Sinnott. Damn Lions, just like when they picked Ragnow before us.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's going to be best player available at either interior DL, OL, CB, or Bowers if he's there. They will just follow their board which is the correct thing to do.

I would add best player available DL, OL,CB WR/TE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 09:58 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: It should be pretty straightforward for us.

Take one of the top 2 DT's (Murphy or Newton), one of which or both should fall to us. Or, if Bowers somehow slides you can justify taking him.

With our track record of drafting OL or even developing OL I absolutely DO NOT want to see us take one in the 1st round. Our starters are set on the line for now. Fix the obvious issues at DT with a stud and move onto the 2nd round.

If the idea of drafting players based on how well you have done in the past, i mentioned we have had great success 18 and under, very bad success in the 20s on a OT... but regardless you can;t have a loser mindset, as Ted Lasso would say "be a goldfish" need to have a 10 second memory... if Bengals board has a RT at #18 that is there, you go for it.
Reply/Quote
Draft day is finally here but I will admit that the Hendrickson news has taken some of the fun out of it for me this year.
Hoping a good player slides but I do not want them to take another CB. They have used a lot of high draft picks over the past couple of drafts on DBs so time to focus on the lines or WR. I would prefer Murphy to help the DL but most mocks have him gone by pick 18.
Will be fun to watch what happens.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:46 AM)Stewy Wrote: Some of you all are going to lose their shyt when Bowers is there at 18 and we don't take him.  ha!

....and Pittsburgh grabs him at 20! LOL.
Reply/Quote
looking forward to hearing the GOATs analysis on the draft picks tonight
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:03 AM)pally Wrote: Has Lap given his pick yet?

(04-25-2024, 11:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I was wondering this as well. He seemed to have more "insight" during the Marvin tenure. 

https://www.bengals.com/audio/bengals-booth-podcast-who-can-it-be-now
It was Latham. At 44:30 they finally get around to it. But they talk about a lot of guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If the idea of drafting players based on how well you have done in the past, i mentioned we have had great success 18 and under, very bad success in the 20s on a OT... but regardless you can;t have a loser mindset, as Ted Lasso would say "be a goldfish" need to have a 10 second memory... if Bengals board has a RT at #18 that is there, you go for it.

Love Ted Lasso
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Happy Draft Day everyone!!!

Love this day and I am very excited! Wink
Reply/Quote
As someone who follows so much with the NFL, I am not well versed in college players. Considering the Bengals are only deep in a few positions, and we are drafting where we are, I don't think today's pick should be too crazy. I will look at opinions of the pick, but as long as there is no big injury or character issues with who is picked, I'll trust the process.

Now, if you draft a projected second round WR with a sketchy knee and three baby mommas, I will be livid.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy Draft Day everyone!!!

This is my Christmas! Love this time of year. Hope we absolutely kill this draft. Hope we are aggressive and move around to ensure we get the guys we want. 10 picks and a couple disgruntled players, so this draft may be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would be stoked if we get Sinnott or Holker. I was pounding the table last year for LaPorta. I get the same vibe with Sinnott. Damn Lions, just like when they picked Ragnow before us.

I really liked Sam LaPorta for us last year, but I like Ben Sinnott even better which is pretty crazy. So versatile and does everything well.

Better blocker than LaPorta, but is just as good of a pass catcher and has a diverse route tree while being able to play H-Back and Fullback.

(04-25-2024, 01:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Draft day is finally here but I will admit that the Hendrickson news has taken some of the fun out of it for me this year.
Hoping a good player slides but I do not want them to take another CB.  They have used a lot of high draft picks over the past couple of drafts on DBs so time to focus on the lines or WR. I would prefer Murphy to help the DL but most mocks have him gone by pick 18.
Will be fun to watch what happens.

Eh, it is darkest before the dawn. The Trey news doesn't take any of the fun of the Draft out of me at all. Agree on Corner, don't want to
see one taken and actually find it very unlikely. The only one that makes sense is Quinyon Mitchell who is a Zone Corner.

Arnold plays mostly Man, so he doesn't fit. I want Mims, Murphy, Fautanu, Latham, Thomas, Bowers, Newton in this order.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This is my Christmas! Love this time of year. Hope we absolutely kill this draft. Hope we are aggressive and move around to ensure we get the guys we want. 10 picks and a couple disgruntled players, so this draft may be interesting.

Yes, we have the picks to do a lot of things and honestly Tee and Trey being disgruntled only adds intrigue in my eyes...

Guess I am one sick puppy!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: And the first round pick is…….Kyle Ostendorp!

you just made that up, didnt ya?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/audio/bengals-booth-podcast-who-can-it-be-now

It was that who can it be now episode and I want to say he said JC Latham.
Though he talks about a lot of guys.
It appears to be glitchy on my phone though and I can’t go listen again. So maybe it is Latham

Thanks and would be stoked w/ JC. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 10:46 AM)Stewy Wrote: Some of you all are going to lose their shyt when Bowers is there at 18 and we don't take him.  ha!

Especially Brad.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy Draft Day everyone!!!

Nothing like those moments you wait all night for your team to be on the clock just for them to trade back lol..

Hopefully not tonight
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nothing like those moments you wait all night for your team to be on the clock just for them to trade back lol..

Hopefully not tonight

Yeah or even worse when they go to commercial right during our pick! Bastids! Whatever
Reply/Quote
I'm not really stoked for this year's draft for some reason. I mean, I'll watch tonight to see what they do. Maybe it's because I didn't get to watch too much college ball last year and don't really have an opinion on the projected first rounders, or maybe it's just due to the excitement that was Burrow followed by Chase. I hope we get a beast of a lineman, whether offense or defense. I'll be disappointed if they take a receiver or corner.
Reply/Quote
In the wake of this Trey ambush, I hope this happens with trades. Gonna have to hope for the best with the OTs we have now.

Laiatu Latu
EDGE UCLA

Johnny Newton
DT Illinois

Ja'Tavion Sanders
TE Texas

T'Vondre Sweat
DT Texas

Will Shipley
RB Clemson

Theo Johnson
TE Penn State