Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
(04-25-2018, 04:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's not unthinkable that you can make the switch (Frederick did it in Dallas). If you are going to do that though you probably should be comfortable with all other check boxes.

True but we already got a guy on the team in Westerman that could make the switch.

Lets get a guy who played Center for atleast a year, just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True but we already got a guy on the team in Westerman that could make the switch.

Lets get a guy who played Center for atleast a year, just my opinion.

Yea this guy is a projected 2nd rounder (and climbing) Westerman was a late 5th for a reason. Corbett is a better prospect in general. 
Reply/Quote
You take the Tackle all the way and let the chips fall the way they will.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Center all day in round 1. Orlando brown still there Alex cappa Greg Senat there are solid tackles still in the hoard with better value in the later rounds
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:11 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So, for the sake of this questions, let's assume that all three centers of off the board by pick 40 and there is no trading up or down.  

What would you rather have:

McGlinchey and any center besides Ragnow, Price and Daniels

OR

Ragnow/Price/Daniels and any other tackle besides McGlinchey, Williams or Miller

Let's not go down the road of "no way the 3 centers are off the board at 46" for the sake of this discussion.  I'm truly curious to see how people think on this one.

I'd rather have a great starting center.  We can grab Jones or brown at tackle later.  And corbitt is a good middle round guard.

Let's get our offensive line leader out of the way build off of that.

Actually Daniels backup at center played guard and he will go middle to late rounds.

And there are 2 tough linemen that can be grabbed very late in boseman or the kid from Michigan st. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:11 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So, for the sake of this questions, let's assume that all three centers of off the board by pick 40 and there is no trading up or down.  

What would you rather have:

McGlinchey and any center besides Ragnow, Price and Daniels

OR

Ragnow/Price/Daniels and any other tackle besides McGlinchey, Williams or Miller

Let's not go down the road of "no way the 3 centers are off the board at 46" for the sake of this discussion.  I'm truly curious to see how people think on this one.

This presents a good perspective on choices.  I will tell you my preference then I will opine what the Bengals will likely do in the draft.  

I think Ragnow in the first and Crosby in round two would work.  Or even Ragnow and Price (RG) and go with Fisher/Hart/or Brown

Bengals will pick McGlinchey if he is there.  OT is valued more so than interior Line-Men by the Bengals in general.  I believe the Bengals draft only one Center EVER in the first round.  IF the Bengals draft McGlinchey then Tony Adams or Cole could be a choice.  not as exciting.  The only way the McGlincey pick works for me is for me is for Price or Daniels to be there at 46.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like that Corbett has only played Center in practices.

I take one of the top 3 guys who actually played Center in games.

I want one of the top 3 guys but the scenario is that McGlinchey is on the board and I say we take him in that scenario even though it is unlikely because he isn't getting past the Ravens. McGlinchey at Right Tackle gives you two really good Tackles which is something we haven't been able to say since Whitworth and Anderson. But there won't be any complaints tonight if they take Ragnow. I won't complain about Price either because I think he can be very good but I would think about a trade down and picking up some assets to use to trade back up in the second round which really seems to be the meat of the draft.

My preferred scenario's tonight:

Scenario one McGlinchey and you trade up to ensure you get one of the Centers if you see two come off the board.

Scenario two you take Ragnow and wait on a Tackle until the 3rd and take BPA in the 2nd (really like Ronnie Harrison)

Scenario three you trade down in the mid 20's and pick up an extra 3rd, draft Price or Daniels if Ragnow is off the board and have more ammo to move up later.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:00 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I want one of the top 3 guys but the scenario is that McGlinchey is on the board and I say we take him in that scenario even though it is unlikely because he isn't getting past the Ravens. McGlinchey at Right Tackle gives you two really good Tackles which is something we haven't been able to say since Whitworth and Anderson. But there won't be any complaints tonight if they take Ragnow. I won't complain about Price either because I think he can be very good but I would think about a trade down and picking up some assets to use to trade back up in the second round which really seems to be the meat of the draft.

My preferred scenario's tonight:

Scenario one McGlinchey and you trade up to ensure you get one of the Centers if you see two come off the board.

Scenario two you take Ragnow and wait on a Tackle until the 3rd and take BPA in the 2nd (really like Ronnie Harrison)

Scenario three you trade down in the mid 20's and pick up an extra 3rd, draft Price or Daniels if Ragnow is off the board and have more ammo to move up later.

I agree with everything you said and i like all 3 of those scenarios. Anyway we get that top Center i am fine with.

I just don't know if i trust the FO to trade up for one of them so the 2nd scenario is my favorite.

McGlinchey is solid but he did struggle against elite competition, Ragnow held his own against the elite in the SEC.

I take Ragnow at 21, Harrison in the 2nd, Crosby/Rankin/Brown/Cappa/Tucker in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Quit effing around and get the damn center.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with everything you said and i like all 3 of those scenarios. Anyway we get that top Center i am fine with.

I just don't know if i trust the FO to trade up for one of them so the 2nd scenario is my favorite.

McGlinchey is solid but he did struggle against elite competition, Ragnow held his own against the elite in the SEC.

I take Ragnow at 21, Harrison in the 2nd, Crosby/Rankin/Brown/Cappa/Tucker in the 3rd.

If we land Ragnow, Ronnie Harrison and Orlando Brown I would be pretty ecstatic. Go ahead and give me Malik Jefferson at Linebacker with the 3rd round comp. pick while we are at it... Rock On
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:36 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: If we land Ragnow, Ronnie Harrison and Orlando Brown I would be pretty ecstatic. Go ahead and give me Malik Jefferson at Linebacker with the 3rd round comp. pick while we are at it... Rock On

I would be happy with this.  But I also would be happy with: Ragnow, Lorenzo Carter,  Crosby, and Corbett.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Quit effing around and get the damn center.

Lol ThumbsUp

(04-26-2018, 02:36 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: If we land Ragnow, Ronnie Harrison and Orlando Brown I would be pretty ecstatic. Go ahead and give me Malik Jefferson at Linebacker with the 3rd round comp. pick while we are at it... Rock On

That sounds pretty damn frickin' great.

(04-26-2018, 02:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would be happy with this.  But I also would be happy with: Ragnow, Lorenzo Carter,  Crosby, and Corbett.

This too. Carter just seems like a Merv pick don't he? Would be that talented End/Hybrid he has always been
looking for since Boulware. Very good pass rusher but he doesn't look lost in space like Lawson does.

Hoping Lawson improves in coverage but i don't know. Just seems like he is a pure pass rusher.

Oh yeah, replace Corbett with Jessie Bates III and i am there brother.
Reply/Quote