Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Moves
Trade - Jets skip a QB in round 1 and with a run on QB's late they miss out on all top rated guys by round 2.  They Decide best option is to make a potential trade with Bengals.  Bengals get Sheldon Richardson and 2nd round pick for AJ.  May be another couple of pick moves, but that's what i decided to put in for this mock.

Same day we make a Free Agent offer to Jay Cutler to come play backup and be a potential trade piece in the season if someone loses a starter.

Another option with be Kaepernick who could also be a developmental backup with potential to be traded.  similar to what the Eagles do.

Lastly I just wanted to say I wanted a first round DE, but honestly I think most of the edge rushers in this class suck for a 4-3 system and bengals don't like to overdraft people because of need.

1. pick 9 - OJ Howard TE Alabama

[Image: OJ%20Howard_970x545.jpg]

OJ Howard is and has been one of the safest picks in the draft.  A month ago I had him going #2 overall and honestly he's worth that considering " Black Gronk " is a better prospect coming out of college than Gronk was.  Great Blocker, Great Receiver, and high character guy.  You can debate if he replaces Eifert or is insurance either way this pick makes us a bigger red zone threat and our protection will be better with him blocking.  Not to mention he helps the run game on an unproven offensive line.  

2: pick 5 - Joe Mixon or highest rated Running back

[Image: joe-mixon-ftr-081814-ap_awmhihy40llg17ig...-341396273]

This team is unsure about Hill and need a replacement on standby.  This years draft is one of the best runningback classes in memory and we must need to address the position in the first two rounds.  Maybe we package a pick to move up or just get lucky at the 5th pick, but Mixon is the best running back in this class if you ignore his off the field incident.  Some will get over it some won't, regardless it makes the team better and Mixon could be the best running back to lace them up for the Orange and Black.

2: pick 9  -  Malik McDowell or best Edge Rusher available 

[Image: malik-mcdowell-050216-michigan-state-ftr...1929898028]

Imagine if Prime Time Sanders ended up at a small school.  Thats basically Malik McDowell.  He is a guy who will probably fall because they felt he was to frustrated and took games off at Michigan, but he was literally 3x as good as everyone around him.  I think he can play at nose and edge as a rotational guy who could lose 20 pounds and be one of the best edge rushers in the nfl.  Total Steal if we land him.  BTW watch tape on this guy its pretty amazing hes one of a few players i have seen consistently hold double teams without losing an inch.  Total Monster

3. 9th pick -  Alex Anzalone LB Flordia

[Image: University-of-Florida-linebacker-Alex-An...-wplok.jpg]

If you don't know Alex Anzalone or haven't watched of a lot of his tape this is going to sound ridiculous, but I think this guy could be better than Foster if healthy.  No Athletic issues, no play issues, and no character issues his only downfall has been his injuries.  That said he doesn't even have to play this year and sit a year behind Minter.  Let him bulid up some learn the playbook and maybe do some DDP Yoga  to help avoid injuries.  I love this guy and would be thrilled if we draft him.

4. 9th pick - Dede Westbrook 

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-11-29-at-11.45.37-AM-810x415.png]

I wanted to pull the trigger on a guy with excellent speed to help stretch the field and that is Westbrook.  Could be a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd, but because hes a bit smaller he may fall.  Great route runner with 4.3 speed at his pro day.  Compares to Travis Benjamin which is a big compliment to him.

4. 31st pick - TE George Kittle

[Image: p10DOM-fball-692x360.jpg]

H-back type who lacks the desired size for in-line blocking but certainly has the technique and willingness to do it. He has good hands and flashes an ability to challenge as a pass catcher on all three levels. Kittle has the athleticism and blocking ability to become an effective move tight end if paired in the right system. Monster

5.  9th pick - Ryan Glasgow Nose guard 

[Image: 19199647-standard.jpg]

Run Stuffing Defensive lineman who can play 0 or 3 on runs.  Doesn't have a great pass rush, but with about 10-20 pounds more can be one of those big ugly's every team needs to hold their ground.

5. 32nd pick - Damien Mama G
[Image: Damien-Mama.jpg]

This big Kahuna use to weight 400 pounds when he started college football, but has shed down to 340 and can still probably lose another 20 pounds.  He's a developmental guy that could develop into a starter and he has that Samoan work ethic and toughness. 

Round 6:  Pick 9 -  Jon Toth Center

[Image: 26_3841248.jpg]

Some questions on his size and strength, but has the talent to compete for a starting job.  Also could be a solid backup at center or guard if he bulks up.

6: 33rd pick - Gareon Conley CB

[Image: 81788_h.jpg?itok=ymBhsC_W]

If you don't follow Gareon Conley than why are you on the draft boards ?  was a potential top 15 pick that got accused of rape the week of the draft.  We have a ton of picks and we can waste one on a guy who may never play, but has huge upside potential.  Like L Collins who was cleared we salvage a guy who could go undrafted and reap the rewards.

Im tired so these last couple of picks will be quick

7. 9th pick - Zane Gonzalez 

kicker who could or couldn't be there.  give a guy to compete

7. 33rd pick - al-quadin muhammad

No risk edge rusher who threw his college career away with suspensions, but could still be a good prospect.  its the last pick and the only name i knew lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 05:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: Trade - Jets skip a QB in round 1 and with a run on QB's late they miss out on all top rated guys by round 2.  They Decide best option is to make a potential trade with Bengals.  Bengals get Trent Richardson and 2nd round pick for AJ.  May be another couple of pick moves, but that's what i decided to put in for this mock.

Same day we make a Free Agent offer to Jay Cutler to come play backup and be a potential trade piece in the season if someone loses a starter.

Another option with be Kaepernick who could also be a developmental backup with potential to be traded.  similar to what the Eagles do.

Lastly I just wanted to say I wanted a first round DE, but honestly I think most of the edge rushers in this class suck for a 4-3 system and bengals don't like to overdraft people because of need.

OJ Howard is and has been one of the safest picks in the draft.  A month ago I had him going #2 overall and honestly he's worth that considering " Black Gronk " is a better prospect coming out of college than Gronk was.  Great Blocker, Great Receiver, and high character guy.  You can debate if he replaces Eifert or is insurance either way this pick makes us a bigger red zone threat and our protection will be better with him blocking.  Not to mention he helps the run game on an unproven offensive line.  

This team is unsure about Hill and need a replacement on standby.  This years draft is one of the best runningback classes in memory and we must need to address the position in the first two rounds.  Maybe we package a pick to move up or just get lucky at the 5th pick, but Mixon is the best running back in this class if you ignore his off the field incident.  Some will get over it some won't, regardless it makes the team better and Mixon could be the best running back to lace them up for the Orange and Black.

Imagine if Prime Time Sanders ended up at a small school.  Thats basically Malik McDowell.  He is a guy who will probably fall because they felt he was to frustrated and took games off at Michigan, but he was literally 3x as good as everyone around him.  I think he can play at nose and edge as a rotational guy who could lose 20 pounds and be one of the best edge rushers in the nfl.  Total Steal if we land him.  BTW watch tape on this guy its pretty amazing hes one of a few players i have seen consistently hold double teams without losing an inch.  Total Monster

If you don't know Alex Anzalone or haven't watched of a lot of his tape this is going to sound ridiculous, but I think this guy could be better than Foster if healthy.  No Athletic issues, no play issues, and no character issues his only downfall has been his injuries.  That said he doesn't even have to play this year and sit a year behind Minter.  Let him bulid up some learn the playbook and maybe do some DDP Yoga  to help avoid injuries.  I love this guy and would be thrilled if we draft him.

I wanted to pull the trigger on a guy with excellent speed to help stretch the field and that is Westbrook.  Could be a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd, but because hes a bit smaller he may fall.  Great route runner with 4.3 speed at his pro day.  Compares to Travis Benjamin which is a big compliment to him.

H-back type who lacks the desired size for in-line blocking but certainly has the technique and willingness to do it. He has good hands and flashes an ability to challenge as a pass catcher on all three levels. Kittle has the athleticism and blocking ability to become an effective move tight end if paired in the right system. Monster

Run Stuffing Defensive lineman who can play 0 or 3 on runs.  Doesn't have a great pass rush, but with about 10-20 pounds more can be one of those big ugly's every team needs to hold their ground.

This big Kahuna use to weight 400 pounds when he started college football, but has shed down to 340 and can still probably lose another 20 pounds.  He's a developmental guy that could develop into a starter and he has that Samoan work ethic and toughness. 

Some questions on his size and strength, but has the talent to compete for a starting job.  Also could be a solid backup at center or guard if he bulks up.

If you don't follow Gareon Conley than why are you on the draft boards ?  was a potential top 15 pick that got accused of rape the week of the draft.  We have a ton of picks and we can waste one on a guy who may never play, but has huge upside potential.  Like L Collins who was cleared we salvage a guy who could go undrafted and reap the rewards.

No risk edge rusher who threw his college career away with suspensions, but could still be a good prospect.  its the last pick and the only name i knew lol
Zane Gonzalez will be gone after 5th round.  You know how I feel about  Mixon but I understand the pick.  Great draft hope it comes true!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great job; this is a nice, interesting mix of players that shows some original thinking. i'm not sold on Westbrook (I'd rather grab an outside guy), Glasgow, or Mama, but this draft as well as your backup QB scenarios represent a lot of great ideas.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
I like this a lot and the Anzolone pic alone lmao!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 05:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: Trade - Jets skip a QB in round 1 and with a run on QB's late they miss out on all top rated guys by round 2.  They Decide best option is to make a potential trade with Bengals.  Bengals get Trent Richardson and 2nd round pick for AJ.  May be another couple of pick moves, but that's what i decided to put in for this mock.

I assume you mean Sheldon Richardson not Trent.  At least I hope so Lol.  I'm not a fan of Westbrook, Glasgow, or McDowell, but I could support the rest.  Careon will be gone by third round and Gonzalez by sixth.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:45 AM)pledgi Wrote: I assume you mean Sheldon Richardson not Trent.  At least I hope so Lol.  I'm not a fan of Westbrook, Glasgow, or McDowell, but I could support the rest.  Careon will be gone by third round and Gonzalez by sixth.  

correct.  Ive done a lot of 7 round mocks this year and its a bears load.  If you only have a problem with 3 players than Ive done my job because no one will 100% agree with any mock.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of taking one TE, let alone two........BUT one was a Hawkeye!  So I love your draft!  Rep to you!   Kittle is going to be a decent NFL player.  Reminds me a lot of Travis Kelsey KC's TE.  And who wouldn't want that on their team? 

ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote