Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Surprises
Who will be this years Travis Frederick/Terrell Edmunds/ Tyson Alulu/Bruce Irvin rising to 1st round when they have been projected to 3rd or later rounds?

In that respect, whos this years Andrew Billings? Projected 1st rounder falling to 3/4?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:31 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Who will be this years Travis Frederick/Terrell Edmunds/ Tyson Alulu/Bruce Irvin rising to 1st round when they have been projected to 3rd or later rounds?

In that respect, whos this years Andrew Billings? Projected 1st rounder falling to 3/4?

I could definitely see someone taking a gamble on Tariq Woolen toward the tail end of Rd 1.
Dude is such an elite athlete and has that perfect size-speed combo.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Travis Jones, Christian Watson, Tyler Smith climbing.
David Ojabu, Jalen Pitre, Sam Howell dropping.
Reply/Quote
Potential Surprise 1st rounders: Nick Bonitto and Nick Cross. I’d say David Bell too if this WR class wasn’t so deep in round 1.

Potential Fallers: Raimman, Pitre, Dax Hill
Reply/Quote
I think Trey McBride, TE goes round 1 instead of his mid-round 2 mocked projections.
Reply/Quote
My draft day surprise:

Kyle Hamilton will not be the first Safety taken.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
DeMarvin Leal and Tyler Linderbaum will fall to the late second round.

Arnold Ebiketie and Lewis Cine go first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My draft day surprise:

Kyle Hamilton will not be the first Safety taken.

Pretty hot take but I've heard thats possible due to scheme fits.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:12 PM)Synric Wrote: DeMarvin Leal and Tyler Linderbaum will fall to the late second round.

I also think Linderbaum will be this year's Sewell in the forum. Everyone dreams of getting him, he's there when we pick, and we rightly go elsewhere. 

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:12 PM)Synric Wrote: DeMarvin Leal and Tyler Linderbaum will fall to the late second round.

Interesting. Mid or late 1sts?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Potential Surprise 1st rounders: Nick Bonitto and Nick Cross. I’d say David Bell too if this WR class wasn’t so deep in round 1.

I don't consider Pitre or Raimann 1st round talents, so I wouldn't put them in the list.
You think Dax Hill would fall to Rd 3-4?
I'd be extremely shocked he even falls out of Rd 1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Pretty hot take but I've heard thats possible due to scheme fits.

Not too long ago he was in #1OA talk; then folks looked closer

Reply/Quote

I'm just not a huge fan of Cine, at least not as a FS.
I see a hard-hitting, fast safety but not a guy who covers well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Interesting. Mid or late 1sts?

Late.

Safeties will go Daxton Hill > Kyle Hamilton > Lewis Cine first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't consider Pitre or Raimann 1st round talents, so I wouldn't put them in the list.
You think Dax Hill would fall to Rd 3-4?
I'd be extremely shocked he even falls out of Rd 1.

I’ve seen Raimman go in the first in basically every draft. Pitre going 30’s-40’s usually. I don’t think either are anywhere near worth picking in the top 30. I know he said fall to 3-4 but I’m just picking guys I could easily see drop out of the first round based on where people are mocking them.

I am not a believer in Dax Hill. His play never impressed me when I watched him. Saw several of their games as a Buckeye fan. Their pass rushers were LEGIT this year and really surprised me. Hutchinson should without a doubt be the first player selected this year IMO. Ojabo was a top 10 player before his injury as well. They made that defense work.

The secondary, including Hill never impressed me. He may go high, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him bust. He’s overrated. A lot of his big plays will never happen against NFL QB’s or TE/WR’s. He won’t be able to recover at the next level the way he did against average talents in college. I also wouldn’t be shocked if NFL teams weren’t as high on him as fans/analysts. It’s a deep draft in the secondary so if you’re looking for fallers that’s a great place to start.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 02:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ve seen Raimman go in the first in basically every draft. Pitre going 30’s-40’s usually. I don’t think either are anywhere near worth picking in the top 30. I know he said fall to 3-4 but I’m just picking guys I could easily see drop out of the first round based on where people are mocking them.

I am not a believer in Dax Hill. His play never impressed me when I watched him. Saw several of their games as a Buckeye fan. Their pass rushers were LEGIT this year and really surprised me. Hutchinson should without a doubt be the first player selected this year IMO. Ojabo was a top 10 player before his injury as well. They made that defense work.

The secondary, including Hill never impressed me. He may go high, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him bust. He’s overrated. A lot of his big plays will never happen against NFL QB’s or TE/WR’s. He won’t be able to recover at the next level the way he did against middling talents in college. I also wouldn’t be shocked if NFL teams weren’t as high on him as fans/analysts. It’s a deep draft in the secondary so if you’re looking for fallers that’s a great place to start.

Hill's my #2 safety in the draft. I see him far better as a true FS than someone like Cine or Pitre. I just like his coverage ability better than theirs.

Re: Raimann - TDN has him as their 66th overall prospect. He has athleticism, but he's got such terrible length to stick on the outside. Plus, he's already 24 years old and still somewhat raw. I can see someone taking a chance on him due to his athleticism, but I don't personally like to spend 1st rounder on a raw, older prospect.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hill's my #2 safety in the draft. I see him far better as a true FS than someone like Cine or Pitre. I just like his coverage ability better than theirs.

Re: Raimann - TDN has him as their 66th overall prospect. He has athleticism, but he's got such terrible length to stick on the outside. Plus, he's already 24 years old and still somewhat raw. I can see someone taking a chance on him due to his athleticism, but I don't personally like to spend 1st rounder on a raw, older prospect.

I definitely agree with you on Raimann. I wouldn’t consider him until at least our late 2nd based on his talent and readiness. Wouldn’t feel good about him until the 3rd round personally. I still see him going in one a LOT on mock drafts though. From that aspect he could be a “faller”. CBS has two separate mocks posted in the last 24 hours with him going 17th and 28th. As far as Pitre, NFL has a mock with him going 28th. I’m seeing him sneaking into the first round more and more lately it seems. I don’t think either should be sniffing the first round personally.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 12:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Potential Surprise 1st rounders: Nick Bonitto and Nick Cross. I’d say David Bell too if this WR class wasn’t so deep in round 1.

Raimman I can see falling...Pitre depending on where u thought he might go possibly? Pitre is a round 2 or 3 guy to me.Hill will be picked in the 1st.( I would love to have him).
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hill's my #2 safety in the draft. I see him far better as a true FS than someone like Cine or Pitre. I just like his coverage ability better than theirs.

I know you’ve been on the Hill train early, and rightfully so. With his athleticism I could see him moving to cb potentially. Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I didn't feel like this warranted another thread but Rapien mentioned there's a chance Cam Jurgens goes before Linderbaum. Does that mean Cam will come up to late 1st/early second or Linderbaum falls to mid 4th?
Reply/Quote