Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Trades involving the Bengals?
What are your thoughts on the Bengals making a significant trade on day 1 or 2 on draft day? Paul Daugherty on Cincinnati.com in his most recent mock draft has the Bengals moving back even farther in the first round and picking up Price. Now, we know the Bengals have done these types of deals before, but do you think it happens again this year or what you think the likelihood of it happening in the any of the first 3 rounds?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think there's a chance they move back given NE may be looking for a qb a couple picks behind them. Will the Jags want to get ahead of them?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What are your thoughts on the Bengals making a significant trade on day 1 or 2 on draft day? Paul Daugherty on Cincinnati.com in his most recent mock draft has the Bengals moving back even farther in the first round and picking up Price. Now, we know the Bengals have done these types of deals before, but do you think it happens again this year or what you think the likelihood of it happening in the any of the first 3 rounds?

Likelihood I would think is somewhat high. Bengals love their draft picks and moving down in the 1st round has to be ideal unless someone high on their draft board drops. We could easily move out of round 1 and into round 2 and still have a great draft. I like the sound of three 2nd round picks tbh (maybe the Browns move up for Lamar Jackson or someone?).
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think there's a chance they move back given NE may be looking for a qb a couple picks behind them. Will the Jags want to get ahead of them?

I'm not sure Price will even be there at 21......
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not sure Price will even be there at 21......

I would bet my house that he is.

I don't think he goes in front of Daniels and maybe even Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
Depends. How serious are we about focusing our draft on upgrading the Oline? If we're serious, we would probably want to draft down in the first and take a C/G/T and move up in the 2nd to take a C or T, depending on what we take in the first.

If we want to just go BPA, then it's more likely we address LB (Evans, I hope) or DL (Vea or Bryan).
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I hope the bengals move up in 3-4 (once or twice) with all their draft capital later in the draft. There will be good players who fall for one reason or another and often times teams know the bengals just jump on BPa and we get jumped right in front of. I would happily give up late round picks to jump up and get a player they know they want. Rather than beg for a team not to draft a kid 4-5 spots in a row, only to see him go right in front of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What are your thoughts on the Bengals making a significant trade on day 1 or 2 on draft day? Paul Daugherty on Cincinnati.com in his most recent mock draft has the Bengals moving back even farther in the first round and picking up Price. Now, we know the Bengals have done these types of deals before, but do you think it happens again this year or what you think the likelihood of it happening in the any of the first 3 rounds?

I think it is very possible we move, but in the past it was higher probability we move down, now I think more 50/50 on up or down. We don't need 11 draft picks, we need 8 or 9 maximum in my opinion. So, I am all for trading away anything we have in round 6 or 7 to move up to round 3 to 5.

I hope when all is all is said and done we trade away 3 2018 picks (late rounds) for better picks in 2018 or for 2019 picks.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not sure Price will even be there at 21......

One of the 3 Centers will be there at the end of one...  If we can pick up an extra 3rd might be worth sliding back a few spots.. Depends on who is sitting there when we on the clock (if center is truly our target round 1)
Reply/Quote

People are overhyping Billy Price. I don't see him much better than Pat Elflein, who was a late-second round pick.
Daniels is more athletic than Price and longer arms.
Ragnow is similiar to Price in style but with better reach and better technically. Ragnow also never gave up a sack his entire college career.
Price is the most aggressive and powerful out of the three but doesn't really stand out anywhere else.
Both Price and Ragnow are versatile in that they have played both C and OG.
Price has said he'd be recovered from his pec injury by the start of TC but there's no guarantee of that. Daniels and Ragnow are both healthy at this point, which is another plus.

So I'm waiting for someone to clearly explain why Price is better than both Daniels and Ragnow, as I'm not seeing it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 04:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think it is very possible we move, but in the past it was higher probability we move down, now I think more 50/50 on up or down. We don't need 11 draft picks, we need 8 or 9 maximum in my opinion. So, I am all for trading away anything we have in round 6 or 7 to move up to round 3 to 5.

I hope when all is all is said and done we trade away 3 2018 picks (late rounds) for better picks in 2018 or for 2019 picks.

I agree with this. I'm just thinking about the number of picks and 11 is a lot... I highly doubt 11 rookies would make the roster so why not use some of those to move up in earlier rounds or get some 2019 picks.

Obviously all of this depends on the Bengals board and how the draft plays out but a few trades wouldn't surprise me at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 04:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I hope the bengals move up in 3-4 (once or twice) with all their draft capital later in the draft.  There will be good players who fall for one reason or another and often times teams know the bengals just jump on BPa and we get jumped right in front of.  I would happily give up late round picks to jump up and get a player they know they want.  Rather than beg for a team not to draft a kid 4-5 spots in a row, only to see him go right in front of them.

Their best option to do that is to use their 5th rounders. Should be able to trade two of them to get another 4th rounder or packaging some 5ths with the 4th rounder to get another 3rd rounder.
Their three 7th rounders are worth practically nothing when it comes to trading, so may as well keep those to grab some players you don't want to risk missing out on as UDFAs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Domata94 Wrote: I agree with this. I'm just thinking about the number of picks and 11 is a lot... I highly doubt 11 rookies would make the roster so why not use some of those to move up in earlier rounds or get some 2019 picks.

Obviously all of this depends on the Bengals board and how the draft plays out but a few trades wouldn't surprise me at all.

11 Is a lot... And some of the later round picks are us filling up Practice squad.
Reply/Quote
Keep all 11 picks. That gives us the best chance to find good players.

After the first couple of rounds it is pretty random. Lots of third round picks flop and there are always good players found in the later rounds. So it is like buying lottery tickets. Having 11 gives you a better chance of finding a good player than just having 7.
Reply/Quote
The right play is situational (BPA/trade up or down/future pick), but the tea leaves are lining up for dealing down a few as a serious scenario. They dealt for Glenn out of desperate need before their evaluations were complete but they had to have a general picture of what pick 12's value was. Dealing down to 21, it may be a combination of the Deltha & Chris Perry trade and the Decastro/Zeitler situation years later.

There's more smoke than fire with liking in house guys for center or they would have pushed Bodine last year, regardless of Piano Man. They also have bodies at tackle but not enough stability. So, common sense says there are two needs early as well as the DL pick we know will happen by the 3rd and LB as well as BPA in general. So, much of this board has Price/Daniels/Ragnow as targets somewhere between picks 1 and 2, but what if they have Rankin and Cole rated closer to this group than we do? Between the glut of tackle and center prospects in that late 1st-early 3rd range, they may gamble to add more picks to fill with best players at a position they could use.

If they aren't in love with top 10 player on their board that fell to 21, I could see them deal down say 7 or 8 slots to a team that wants to leap ____ for ____ and add an extra 3rd. Say McGlinchy, Payne and Vea are off the board as guys Cincy has as plan A at 21. Say they see Daniels and Price as worthy of pick 2 (but not Ragnow) and they'd like to have that need taken care of to free up true BPA from then on. Then Daniels/Price becomes DeCastro/Zeitler, and they get one of them in the late 1st. NFL.com has NINE OT prospects ranked in the late 1st early 3rd range, so you get one of them as a freebie.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 04:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: People are overhyping Billy Price. I don't see him much better than Pat Elflein, who was a late-second round pick.
Daniels is more athletic than Price and longer arms.
Ragnow is similiar to Price in style but with better reach and better technically. Ragnow also never gave up a sack his entire college career.
Price is the most aggressive and powerful out of the three but doesn't really stand out anywhere else.
Both Price and Ragnow are versatile in that they have played both C and OG.
Price has said he'd be recovered from his pec injury by the start of TC but there's no guarantee of that. Daniels and Ragnow are both healthy at this point, which is another plus.

So I'm waiting for someone to clearly explain why Price is better than both Daniels and Ragnow, as I'm not seeing it.

I don't care which one we get really, because it's all a crap shoot.... but I want the new center to be "irritable" as someone called Price..... our line could use some "irritable".....
Reply/Quote
They've kinda broke the mold so far this offseason, I wouldn't really rule anything out.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be totally surprised if they traded back but I also hope the trade would lead to opportunities to trade back up in the draft in mid rounds if they see a player they really want in rounds 3-5.

I would be cool with the Bengals drafting both Price and Ragnow. Both can play center and guard.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think the probability of them trading back in 1 is very high, unless of coarse they is a player there no one expected. I think the patriots trade really helped because now teams will be paranoid the pats are targeting "their" guy. I hope we can snag another 3rd rounder. I hope we also move up for another 4th

Plus in 7 they bengals could take an injured player, like kentavius street, knowing he will be on ir all year. A developmental qb here would definitely be ps material.
Reply/Quote
I'd be fine trading back but take someone else like Daniels or ragnow or even Rudolph right in front of Pitt bahaha
Reply/Quote