Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Trades involving the Bengals?
(04-13-2018, 01:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Best way to get 7 quality players is to pick them in the first 4 rounds.

Which is why i would like to trade back and add another pick in the 3rd or 4th all the while picking Ragnow or Price.

This way we would have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 05:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not opposed to moving up in the early rounds (even though the Bengals apparently are), but who would be attainable that we could reasonably trade up for that would be worth the cost?

Good point. No one worth it in the first. Not for that price! This draft's sweet spot is mid first on back to the mid/end of 3rd. All of those guys are rated similarly.

The Bengals have 3 5ths and a 4th if they want to manuever around. I think that gets things going in the 3rd if they need to move up. Into that round.

The Bengals have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. Perfect world, to me, is if they can eek out a 5th pick in the first 3. Those would all be top shelf guys in this type of draft, regardless of position.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 06:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Good point. No one worth it in the first. Not for that price! This draft's sweet spot is mid first on back to the mid/end of 3rd. All of those guys are rated similarly.

The Bengals have 3 5ths and a 4th if they want to manuever around. I think that gets things going in the 3rd if they need to move up. Into that round.

The Bengals have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. Perfect world, to me, is if they can eek out a 5th pick in the first 3. Those would all be top shelf guys in this type of draft, regardless of position.

Yep. I would love if they continue their "unusual" offseason by parlaying some of those extra late round picks into another 3rd or even 2nd round pick.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not sure Price will even be there at 21......

If not for an injury he likely would go around where we'll pick (21) now? may go top half of Rd 2. There's other good centers so, opinions will vary on who ranks higher.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  Has the Bengals trading back ever worked out?

Traded back and got First Team All Pro CB Deltha O'Neal.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Traded back and got First Team All Pro CB Deltha O'Neal.

And the pick they got from that trade back, they traded back again and took Chris Perry over Steven Jackson. (Also got Robert Geathers from the Deltha trade, but I am not so sure that's a plus considering how many years he stuck on the team making a bunch of money and taking the starting job from better players.)

Steven Jackson > Deltha O'Neal + Chris Perry + Robert Geathers

Admittedly, that would have worked out well if they didn't trade back the second time. Deltha O'Neal + Steven Jackson.

But I will go ahead and say sure, if the trade back involves young Pro Bowl players coming to the Bengals, then sure. If it's just more picks, probably gonna pass.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And the pick they got from that trade back, they traded back again and took Chris Perry over Steven Jackson. (Also got Robert Geathers from the Deltha trade, but I am not so sure that's a plus considering how many years he stuck on the team making a bunch of money and taking the starting job from better players.)

Steven Jackson > Deltha O'Neal + Chris Perry + Robert Geathers

Admittedly, that would have worked out well if they didn't trade back the second time. Deltha O'Neal + Steven Jackson.

But I will go ahead and say sure, if the trade back involves young Pro Bowl players coming to the Bengals, then sure. If it's just more picks, probably gonna pass.

Geather was like Peko.  He did not deserve the hate he received from most fans.

Chris Perry was the Big Ten Offensiev Player of the Year and won the Doak Walker Award as the best RB in the country.  He had no serious injury issues in college.  It is easy to bash him now with the benefit of hindsight, but he was a very good RB that no one knew would have his career ruined by injury.  Hindsight also makes it easy to claim everyone knew Jackson was going to be a Hall of Fame RB, but for both his career and senior season in college he averaged less than 5 yards per carry.  There was a reason he was not taken until the 24th pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would bet my house that he is.

I don't think he goes in front of Daniels and maybe even Ragnow.

I agree with this.

I think the peck injury will make him drop. I know it will not be an injury where he will be out for a long time but I don't believe he will be available at full speed for training camp and could fall behind because of it.

For us personally I would rather have Daniels or Ragnow because our new line coach will be implementing a new system. And I want our center there from day one. Not only gaining knowledge of the system but also building chemistry on the line before the season starts
Reply/Quote