Browns - Myles Garrett
49ers - Solomon Thomas
Bears - Jamal Adams
Jaguars - Leonard Fournette
Titans - Marshon Lattimore
Jets - Rueben Foster
Chargers - Malik Hooker
Panthers - OJ Howard

1st Round - Jonathan Allen (DE) Alabama - The shoulders are concerning but if the Bengals check the medicals out and are okay with it then I see no reason why they wouldn't go ahead and stick with their BPA philosophy. I like Barnett as a pass rusher but Allen was at one point mentioned as the potential #1 pick in this draft. If he does fall like some have indicated could happen then then Bengals could take advantage of that and grab an instant impact player. He might not rush the passer like Garrett and Barnett but he does a solid job along with being a good run stopper. He also has the size to slide inside which is something the Bengals love to do with their Defensive Ends.
Alternative Pick: Corey Davis

[Image: 635978034327748431-Alabama-Jonathan-Alle...ams-AP.jpg]

2nd Round - Forrest Lamp (OT/OG) Western Kentucky - Lamp would be a fantastic fit here in the 2nd round if he falls to us. He can play Tackle or Guard which is exactly the type of player I would be looking to draft. We can't count on Ogbuehi so having another versatile player like Lamp to go with Fisher's versatility and Smith's versatility should give us some flexibility on putting together a competent Offensive Line this season if Ogbuehi doesn't magically step it up. There is an argument for Mixon here if he is still available and I would love that pick as well. Have a feeling someone jumps us at the very least to snag him if he is still around near our 2nd round selection.

[Image: 9720341-ncaa-football-c-usa-championship...cky-2.jpeg]

3rd Round - DeMarcus Walker (DE) Florida State - The double dip at Defensive End that has been discussed quite a bit on these boards and beyond. Walker was a sack machine at Florida State. He doesn't blow anyone away with his workouts but that is okay by me. The thing with him and Allen both is there size to play both Defensive End and Defensive Tackle. Adding these two quality Defensive Lineman early could really make a difference in one of our weakest areas from last season: rushing the passer!

[Image: 9522628-chad-kelly-demarcus-walker-ncaa-...-state.jpg]

4th Round - Anthony Walker Jr. (ILB) Northwestern - I like the pickup of Minter quite a bit but he is going to be a guy that either performs really well and gets a huge contract elsewhere or he doesn't quite fit in our 4-3 as an ILB like we are hoping. Adding walker here in the mid rounds would be great insurance. He doesn't have to start right away while he learns and gets some special teams action in his first season.

[Image: Anthony-Walker-Jr-1024x682.jpg]

4th Round - Brad Kaaya (QB) Miami - Kaaya was a guy that was looked at a year ago as a potential first round QB. He didn't quite have the season he had hoped for and his lack of mobility and pocket presence push him down toward the bottom of the 4th. He is the perfect guy to groom as the next backup for Andy Dalton and also provides the opportunity for the Bengals to seriously consider trade offers for AJ McCarron after the draft for another player or for 2018 draft pick or picks.

[Image: brad-kaaya.jpg?w=1038&h=576&crop=1]

5th Round - Josh Reynolds (WR) Texas A&M - Reynolds did not run a phenomenal 40 time (4.52) but neither did Chris Henry. Reynolds has a similar frame in both height and weight and runs faster than his 40 time similar to Henry when he came out of West Virginia. Reynolds is a legit deep threat and that is what he specialized in at Texas A&M. Adding this guy in the 5th Round would be an absolute steal IMO.  

[Image: 9673554-ncaa-football-mississippi-at-tex...pampm.jpeg]

5th Round - Zane Gonzalez (K) Arizona State - Been mocking him in the 6th Round but I think the Bengals won't risk it. They may even use the earlier 5th round selection to ensure they land the best Kicker in this draft.

[Image: 636173113417295233-zane-gonzalez.jpg]

6th Round - Corey Clement (RB) Wisconsin - Might be wishful thinking that he slides this far and I could certainly see the Bengals taking a RB much higher than what I have in this mock. The problem is if they don't land someone early like Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, or Mixon is that person going to really have much of an impact in their first season anyways??? I think if they miss out on the top 4 guys in the first couple of rounds by choice and because of them being off the board when they would take them then they might just roll with Hill going into a contract year with Bernard hopefully healthy as well to split the carries this season and grab a later round RB and hope to develop them.

[Image: clement-corey-092415-usnews-getty-ftr_18...h=750http:]

6th Round - Jeremy Clark (CB) Michigan - Corner with good size that wouldn't asked to play right away in Cincinnati. Clark can be developed for a year or two and provide depth as the 6th corner that would likely be inactive for most gamedays.

[Image: Utah+v+Michigan+s0GBkua-CU-x.jpg]

7th Round - Tedric Thompson (S) Colorado - I know they seem to like Fedjelem from last year but adding some more competition at Safety is never a bad thing in my opinion. There is always the potential for a year on the practice squad when you draft someone in the 7th Round as worst case scenario here.

[Image: 7bfc2b34a8914c94835a0fc2260e946f.jpg]

7th Round - Billy Brown (TE) Shepherd - Practice Squad guy to develop and potentially bring up the following season if Eifert is allowed to walk.

[Image: Brown-1100x738.jpg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like this draft.  With one exception to an otherwise outstanding draft, number 4 QB.  I would select Connor at RB instead.  But if the draft went this way I would be excited.  My new favorite draft thus far. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some good players here, but I don't see a single offensive player that's going to contribute much of anything this year.
Reply/Quote
I really like this draft.  Other than not having any Hawkeyes in it.  But otherwise, I would be pretty happy if it turned out like this. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some good players here, but I don't see a single offensive player that's going to contribute much of anything this year.

Maybe Lamp
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some good players here, but I don't see a single offensive player that's going to contribute much of anything this year.

Lamp SHOULD play, but not sure if they would have him start right away or not. Either way I think it wouldn't be long into the season before he was starting somewhere on the Offensive Line. Even though Reynolds is a 5th round pick I could see him pick up some snaps on Offense as our Deep Threat. I agree that not getting a Running Back early would be a bit frustrating but I just don't see Fournette falling to #9 or the Bengals drafting anyone else at #9 as a RB and unless Mixon falls to them in the 2nd round then I don't know who they draft that would have a big impact at RB for this upcoming season. This is such a talent rich Defensive draft that I would load up on as much of that talent as possible. We could still potentially trade AJM for a Wide Receiver or Running Back as well if we land Kaaya.
Reply/Quote
Looks pretty good - and pretty realistic. If we got all those guys we would be in pretty good shape.

The only things that I don't like - waiting that late for a RB. I also don't think Lamp will around in round 2, but stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
It's a solid draft from top to bottom. I personally might change a pick or 2, but would not be mad if it fell this way at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:22 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Lamp SHOULD play, but not sure if they would have him start right away or not. Either way I think it wouldn't be long into the season before he was starting somewhere on the Offensive Line. Even though Reynolds is a 5th round pick I could see him pick up some snaps on Offense as our Deep Threat. I agree that not getting a Running Back early would be a bit frustrating but I just don't see Fournette falling to #9 or the Bengals drafting anyone else at #9 as a RB and unless Mixon falls to them in the 2nd round then I don't know who they draft that would have a big impact at RB for this upcoming season. This is such a talent rich Defensive draft that I would load up on as much of that talent as possible. We could still potentially trade AJM for a Wide Receiver or Running Back as well if we land Kaaya.

Coming from a small school, Lamp will have a very steep learning curve.  He's not long enough to play LT and isn't a good enough drive blocker to be an ideal fit at RG.  His best spot is probably LG.  

Reynolds will be inactive on game days, most likely.  AJ, LaFell, and Boyd will dress, barring injury.  Erickson dresses as our primary returner and Core has the edge on ST's and has a year in the system.  That leaves Reynolds inactive.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 09:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: Coming from a small school, Lamp will have a very steep learning curve.  He's not long enough to play LT and isn't a good enough drive blocker to be an ideal fit at RG.  His best spot is probably LG.  

Reynolds will be inactive on game days, most likely.  AJ, LaFell, and Boyd will dress, barring injury.  Erickson dresses as our primary returner and Core has the edge on ST's and has a year in the system.  That leaves Reynolds inactive.

I think the not long enough crap is not a legit reason he can't play Left Tackle. He has great feet and strength so I still have faith that he could play Left Tackle. I could also see him playing either guard spot and possible some Right Tackle. Reynolds would be in a battle with Core so you may be right but we all know we seem to always have an injury or two at WR at some point so Reynolds would be the next guy up and I think when/if given the opportunity he would shine as a deep threat opposite of AJ with Boyd in the slot.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Looks pretty good - and pretty realistic.  If we got all those guys we would be in pretty good shape.

The only things that I don't like - waiting that late for a RB.  I also don't think Lamp will around in round 2, but stranger things have happened.

Not taking a RB is tough but my logic is that the top 4 are off the board before we pick in the 2nd round (Fournette at #4 to Jags, Cook at 19 to Bucs, and then McCaffery/Mixon go to Raiders and Packers one way or the other late in the 1st) I just don't see any value then in the earlier rounds for another RB if we can't nab one of those 4. Lamp's value is all over the place and I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it to pick #25 but I also won't be surprised if he is available early in the 2nd when we pick. This draft is so loaded on Defense plus you throw in the Running Backs, Wide Receivers, and Quarterbacks that should come off the board in the mid to late first round and some players have to fall a bit.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 08:48 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think the not long enough crap is not a legit reason he can't play Left Tackle. He has great feet and strength so I still have faith that he could play Left Tackle. I could also see him playing either guard spot and possible some Right Tackle. Reynolds would be in a battle with Core so you may be right but we all know we seem to always have an injury or two at WR at some point so Reynolds would be the next guy up and I think when/if given the opportunity he would shine as a deep threat opposite of AJ with Boyd in the slot.

FWIW, there isn't a single scouting service I follow that doesn't say Lamp will have to move to G in the NFL.    
Reply/Quote