Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Network Simulation
So I have done PFN and PFF simulations and this one is from the Draft Network simulation tool. I found it interesting that of the three I believe that this draft rolled out all around more like I would anticipate it happening this month. I would be pretty happy to see the Bengals draft something close to this. So here it is....

Round 1 - 31st Selection

[Image: usa_today_17200909.jpg]

Daxton Hill - DB - Michigan - 6'0" 191

Corner, nickel, safety...take your pick. Hill provides so much versatility at the backend of the defense and does so without any drop off at any of the positions. I believe he will line up at the safety position and will have a long and outstanding career at the position but I as well feel he could have a long and outstanding career as a boundary lockdown corner. He brings elite speed, fluidity, and length to the defensive backfield. No matter where they decide to line him up he should excel and if it is at safety it sure makes the prospect of possibly loosing Bates more tolerable. Would be thrilled to have this kid on the defense.

Round 2 - 63rd Selection

[Image: FKAMsn6WUAICe6Z.jpg]

Logan Hall - DL - Houston - 6'6" 283

Again, as with Hall versatility at a high level. Is he a DE or a DT or both. He lined up at both positions for Houston and was successful at both however, against UC I felt he really shined at DT and I would be intrigued with him lining up as a 3 technique in the base defense as well as moving around on the line to exploit matchups. He is relentless in pursuit and explodes off of the ball. He would add value in many different situations along the defensive front.

Round 3 - 95th Selection

[Image: FLA4RniX0AQ_lIP?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

Cole Strange - C/G - Chattanooga - 6'5" 307

Guess what word can be used here? Versatility! Strange can play both OG positions and while he never snapped in the regular season for Chattanooga he did snap in practices. Strange did play center in the Senior Bowl and drew high praise from many evaluators and some believe that Center is his future at the NFL level and that he will be a really good one. He is physically strong, as evidenced by 31 reps at the combine, but needs to play with more functional strength at times. Frank Pollack could have a good time working with and refining the game of this young man. A trait that has impressed many evaluators is his intelligence and football IQ which seem to fit the mold that Taylor is looking for.

Round 4 - 136th Selection

[Image: 03adcbcc504949f28b1506ac2e39897a.jpg?w=1...576&crop=1]

Braxton Jones - OT - Southern Utah - 6'5" 310

I had not given too much consideration to this selection until watching film on this young man. The more film you watch on him the more you will like him. There are things to clean up for sure but there is a lot of talent to work with for a guy like Frank Pollack. He plays much larger than height and weight measure and when he anchors he is really difficult to move. Brings a great length and really good athleticism to the position. Technique wise he can at times overextend trying to get to targets getting himself off balance but this should be easily enough cleaned up. I feel this kid has high ceiling with low risk.

Round 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: USATSI_15240034.jpg]

Charlie Kolar - TE - Iowa State - 6'6" 252

Kolar is a smart and productive player that brings good size and athleticism to the position not too mention elite hands. Kolar does not drop balls. Uses his size well and is QB friendly in finding openings or soft spots in a defense. He is not a great blocker but he is willing and shows no reason that he should not continue to improve at this aspect of the game.

Round 6 - 209th Selection

[Image: usatsi_16736326.jpg]

Kyler McMichael - CB - UNC - 6'0" 202

McMichael checks all of the boxes for boundary corner and took the combine snub to heart by having an outstanding showing at the UNC Pro Day complimenting it with a blistering 4.34 40. Kyler has good arm length and plays to his size. A weakness in his game could be overall ball skills in only recording one interception in his career at UNC. There are those that believe his best football is ahead of him. I would like to see more turnover production from him but with the other traits it is a value selection at this point in the draft.

Round 7 - 226th Selection

[Image: AustinKev22.jpg]

Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - ND - 6'2" 200

I would be shocked to see him still here but if he is a would make the selection no question. His story is that of a half a season but in the last half of the '21 season he showed what he is capable of from a production perspective. He comes with the attributes you can't coach at the position and that is size, length, and speed. Coaching staff at ND state that he works extremely hard in practices and is very coachable. Austin looks to have the right stuff to continue to develop and to consistently play to his measurables.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection

[Image: usa_today_16717214.0.jpg]

Eric Johnson - DT - Missouri State - 6'4" 299

Johnson has garnered much attention since the Senior Bowl and again he is a player that I would be shocked to see still here but if he is you make the selection without even thinking about it. He put on an outstanding performance at his Pro Day with a 4.88 40 but that was overshadowed by his incredible 1.70 10 yard split. There is no doubt this would be the way to round out an excellent draft and I believe that while being a small school product he would make the 53.
Reply/Quote