Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Network Simulator
I was not actually aware that Draft Network had a simulator but I tried it and this is how it worked out. I might add it seems to be a decent simulator and you don't have people dropping to you like many of the others I have messed with.

Round 1 - 11th Overall Selection:
[Image: USATSI_11433265_168386177_lowres_gfef3e.jpg]

Dwayne Haskins - QB - Ohio State - 6'3" 231:

I had no intention of drafting a QB here but when Haskins was sitting there I could not pass on it. I am a Dalton supporter but if we are going new era with the franchise then lets go all the way. If Haskins clearly beats out Dalton during camp then he starts. If not then he has a season to sit and learn. Haskins can make every throw at the NFL level. He has an NFL arm and NFL accuracy. Meet the new face of the franchise.

Round 2 - 42nd Overall Selection:
[Image: usa_today_10399007.0.jpg]

Dalton Risner - OT - Kansas State - 6'5" 312:

Strong, physical, and smart. Yep we signed Hart and experience is a great thing to have on the bench and if you need him then you know you have a player with starting experience. Risner will be an instant upgrade and day 1 starter at RT.

Round 3 - 72nd Overall Selection:
[Image: 4d379bc3-3ed2-44f7-917a-a588c6601cab.siz...jpg?w=1000]

Juan Thornhill - S - Virginia - 6'0" 205:

You can never have too many players with ball skills at the NFL level and Thornhill has those traits in bunches. Former CB turned safety who could see himself going back to CB at the NFL level given his coverage abilities. Ran a legit 4.42 at the combine. Gives excellent versatility in the backfield as he can play boundary, slot, and safety. I would not be shocked to see him taking snaps with the defense in some form on day 1.

Round 4 - 110th Overall Selection:
[Image: sjm-sjsufbc-0917-02.jpg?w=554]

Josh Oliver - TE - San Jose State - 6'5" 249:

Excellent route runner and a threat at every level of the defense. Should immediately add value as a receiver. Has flashed as an in line blocker and is willing so improving in that area should not be an issue. Should be a great addition to the room with Eifert and Uzomah.

Round 5 - 149th Overall Selection:
[Image: Watson091518_03.JPG]

Tre Watson - LB - Maryland - 6'2" 236:

A very under the radar LB who I feel fortunate to be on the board at this point. Has the physical style to play the middle and the movement and ability to play outside. A gifted coverage LB who posted 5 INTS his senior season. Should be an immediate upgrade to our LB corp and a day 1 starter at WLB in the base.

Round 6 - 149th Overall Selection:
[Image: usa_today_11173511.0.jpg]

Mike Weber - RB - Ohio State - 5'10" 211:

All Weber did was perform every time the ball was in his hands. Capable receiver out of the backfield with the open field ability to run away from you and the inside power to run over you. Should be a great compliment to Mixon and Gio. A lot about the game of Weber reminds me of Rudi.

Round 6 - 198th Overall Selection:
[Image: 636103560116041087-092416-MIAMI-BEARCATS...5&fit=crop]

Cortez Broughton - DT - Cincinnati - 6'2" 293:

Physical and disruptive. When Geno is not on the field we miss the qualities that Geno brings to the field. Broughton has flashed some of these traits. Explosive inside player. Will need to improve his hand usage but who better to learn from other than Geno?

Round 6 - 210th Overall Selection:
[Image: 3f7c08f8-e65e-4fe1-b3e5-0713bfd5747a-Jaz...fit=bounds]

Jazz Ferguson - WR - Northwestern State - 6'5" 227:

Physical freak. Yes he had a rocky start to his collegiate career at LSU. However, since then has been a model student athlete. Seems to rely on his physical gifts and will absolutely have to improve his route running but really like the opportunity for Taylor and Callahan to work with this young very gifted receiver.

Round 6 - 211th Overall Selection:
[Image: 890568122.jpg.0.jpg]

Derwin Gray - G/T - Maryland - 6'4" 320:

Played the edge in college but look for him to make the move inside to G at the NFL level. However, his size and physical nature of his play could see him remain on the outside at RT. Either way he upgrades this line. He may not be a day 1 starter but absolutely should see the opportunity to compete for the RG position. Powerful blocker with movement skills. Either off the bench or the starting line up he is an upgrade to this line.

Round 6 - 213th Overall Selection:
[Image: 9ee3267d-4ca9-402d-8d63-b42abb774611.jpe...600&crop=1]

Donnie Lewis Jr. - CB - Tulane - 6'1" 187:

An extremely productive CB with a lot of starting experience. Technically sound player who from all accounts has a high football IQ. Should be a good addition to our current group.

Round 7 - 223rd Overall Selection:
[Image: defensive-end-gerri-green-of-the-mississ...1033610202]

Gerri Green - LB - Mississippi State - 6'4" 252:

Green is a guy that may just now be finding his true position. Had previously been used as an edge rusher but the coaching staff placed him at outside LB his junior season and he is starting to blossom. Ran a 4.63 at the combine and has shown some ability in coverage. May be a practice squad candidate but has made big strides making the move to LB from DE. Seems to be a coachable player.

There you have it. Personally, I really like the draft myself.
Reply/Quote
OSUfan takes Haskins?

What a shock.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: OSUfan takes Haskins?

What a shock.

You are insinuating that I would select him merely because he is an OSU prospect and you could not be more wrong. Then again it is fredtoast and that is not unusual. Good to see some things never change. And that is really all you could bring to the thread? Again some things never change.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 06:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I was not actually aware that Draft Network had a simulator but I tried it and this is how it worked out. 

If only the simulator was real life.... here is what i got:

11- Kyler Murray QB  Cool

42- Dalton Risner OT

72- Blake Cashman LB

110- Kahale Warring TE

149- Emeke Egbule LB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote