Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Position
Well, we almost screwed the pooch and won against the Giants.

Good news is we now have 1.5 lead over many 4 win teams. To maintain number 3, we need to lose out or hope Eagles, Cowboys and Chargers win at least 1 more game.

Our Dallas game is huge, they need to beat us, that would solve the Dallas issue.

I don't see Jags or Jets winning, but you never know in the NFL as Jags almost beat the Browns, so if they could win 2 games and we lose out we are in #2 draft position.

I hate to lose, but short team it does this team no good to win meaningless games now in 2020. The better the draft position in a cap reduction year the better it is for teams with great draft position.

I see one winnable game right now at that is Dallas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The higher we pick gives us better trade back value especially if 2 QBs dont go 1/2.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The higher we pick gives us better trade back value especially if 2 QBs dont go 1/2.

If Sewell is available, there is no way we should pass on an OT who many say if he stays healthy is a lock for 10 pro bowls. And he is young and his body should be in great shape, he took a year off.

I know many think multiple picks are great, but give me the one who is a potentially a HOF player in a year where free agents will be forced to signed for 30 to 50% discounts due to cap reduction in 2021.

Also, having 3rd pick possibly in round 2, 3 and 4 we should be able to find some great talent, or we can use they picks to trade down and get more picks

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 03:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Sewell is available, there is no way we should pass on an OT who many say if he stays healthy is a lock for 10 pro bowls. And he is young and his body should be in great shape, he took a year off.

I know many think multiple picks are great, but give me the one who is a potentially a HOF player in a year where free agents will be forced to signed for 30 to 50% discounts due to cap reduction in 2021.

Also, having 3rd pick possibly in round 2, 3 and 4 we should be able to find some great talent, or we can use they picks to trade down and get more picks

It’s hard to pass him up, but if Jim Turner is still the coach I’m not sure if Sewell can become this player I know Ive said he could be. Sewell needs some work and he may not be an OT to begin his career, but he can be that guy in a few years, he is a great guard right now.

Honestly, I don’t know too many players coming out this year and it’s still early, but I know the Bengals desperately need a pass rush, corner, wr, Oline not in that order. I want Sewell, but if the Jags pick him I’m leaning on a Dynamic defensive player like Surrain, Rousseau, or Parsons. Maybe Chase, but I think that’s a tough sell right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 04:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It’s hard to pass him up, but if Jim Turner is still the coach I’m not sure if Sewell can become this player I know Ive said he could be. Sewell needs some work and he may not be an OT to begin his career, but he can be that guy in a few years, he is a great guard right now.

Honestly, I don’t know too many players coming out this year and it’s still early, but I know the Bengals desperately need a pass rush, corner, wr, Oline not in that order. I want Sewell, but if the Jags pick him I’m leaning on a Dynamic defensive player like Surrain, Rousseau, or Parsons. Maybe Chase, but I think that’s a tough sell right now.

If we want Rousseau we would have to trade back. He’s not worth the #3 pick. But then you run the risk of someone else taking him.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we want Rousseau we would have to trade back. He’s not worth the #3 pick. But then you run the risk of someone else taking him.

Honestly it’s too early to say anything like that.

I’m into drafting OL
I’m into drafting pass rush.

I don’t know the prospects off hand so I will be doing research in the months to come before I reach that conclusion. I know Sewell is my pick right now, but he needs a good coach. IF we had pass rush this year they would have won more games. I’m saying that as of right more I think there are a few names that I would be happy with on draft night but the name I want to hear most as of right now is Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Honestly it’s too early to say anything like that.

I’m into drafting OL

I don’t know the prospects off hand so I will be doing research in the months to come before I reach that conclusion. I know Sewell is my pick right now, but he needs a good coach. IF we had pass rush this year they would have won more games. I’m saying that as of right more I think there are a few names that I would be happy with on draft night but the name I want to hear most as of right now is Sewell.

Not really. He’s not playing so his draft stock isn’t going to go up anymore than it is now. It would take a bunch of guys to have their stock fall for him to start being considered a top 5 pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not really. He’s not playing so his draft stock isn’t going to go up anymore than it is now. It would take a bunch of guys to have their stock fall for him to start being considered a top 5 pick.

...or he shows up at the combine and blows it away. 

Dude is 6'7"/260 and had 15.5 sacks (19.5 TFL) in his last year of play
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or he shows up at the combine and blows it away. 

Possibly. But he had those numbers and most were still ranking him outside the top 10 (maybe that’s changed?). I haven’t really seen much of him, but there must be a reason for that considering he’s the best pass rusher in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or he shows up at the combine and blows it away. 

Our franchise is Joe Burrow so for me, he needs a great (not just good LT) to protect him the next 10 years. Joe can't be a great QB rehabbing. If Sewell is not available, then I would have no issue drafting a disruption DE who is 6'7" tall and weighs 260 and can probably carry 280 or 290 as he lifts and his body matures.

It looks like a deep OT draft, so likely we can get a very good OT with pick #3 in round 2.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 11:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our franchise is Joe Burrow so for me, he needs a great (not just good LT) to protect him the next 10 years. Joe can't be a great QB rehabbing. If Sewell is not available, then I would have no issue drafting a disruption DE who is 6'7" tall and weighs 260 and can probably carry 280 or 290 as he lifts and his body matures.

It looks like a deep OT draft, so likely we can get a very good OT with pick #3 in round 2.

Just started a bit of highlights, and maybe the bengals can get lucky and draft boogie basham in the 2nd. Looks like an ADC North Dline defender to me

And I also think Sewell is better suited as a RT or guard right now. He needs more development to be a good LT, but that kid can run block.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Honestly it’s too early to say anything like that.

I’m into drafting OL

This isn't a dig at you, just using this to point out how, someone hears or reads something and then it starts to become a thing. 

Everyone needs a good coach. Sewell isn't someone that needs a good coach. He has talent that's off the charts. 

A good coach is going to benefit him greatly, in the same way it benefits anyone greatly. It just gets me eye-rolling when i see something that starts to go around, when it's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 12:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This isn't a dig at you, just using this to point out how, someone hears or reads something and then it starts to become a thing. 

Everyone needs a good coach. Sewell isn't someone that needs a good coach. He has talent that's off the charts. 

A good coach is going to benefit him greatly, in the same way it benefits anyone greatly. It just gets me eye-rolling when i see something that starts to go around, when it's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be. 

I’m saying he needs a good line coach. I haven’t really heard that from anyone really because every YouTube guy gushes over him, but you do find problems that can be coached out of or coached up for consistency. Like taking false steps or feet not stopping when he gets to the right spot, or not punching every time first or hand placement. I think he is thinking about the contact and stops his feet or takes an extra step, which will get him beat in our division repeatedly.

Kids going to start at 20 years old in the nfl next year, he has more talent than any player we have had in the past 10 or so years, maybe going as far back as munoz, but his skills need some work, but dumbass Jim is not the answer for teaching and coaching him.
Reply/Quote