Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Prospect Rumors
Tight End related....

Take it for what it's worth but Walter is pretty connected.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2023-NFL-Draft-Week-Rumors-Monday

Quote:Late in the draft process, teams get their medical reports, and if players get flunked medically, they can be dropped off draft boards. One high-profile prospect who some teams have flunked medically is Georgia tight end Darnell Washington. Along with the medical, some team sources said there are some minor character concerns. If Washington slides on the second day of the 2023 NFL Draft, the medical and the character will be the reasons why.

Quote:Another tight end who has been hurt by the medical evaluation is Iowa's Sam LaPorta. LaPorta is a sleeper prospect who a lot of teams really loved. In speaking to sources at multiple teams, they said the medical report was not bad enough to get LaPorta dropped off their board. However, it was not clean ,and it would be the reason if LaPorta slides into the middle or back half of the second round during the 2023 NFL Draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here was Peter Schrager's yesterday.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 09:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Tight End related....

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2023-NFL-Draft-Week-Rumors-Monday

Interesting to hear on Washington especially.
Curious what medical thing(s) could have been found, as I thought he wasn't injured.
Also really interested to find out what possible character concerns there are with Washington.
From everything I had gathered on Washington, he accepted getting less opportunities in the passing game in favor of Brock Bowers and stayed at Georgia. He could have chosen to transfer after 2021 season to a school that would have given him more opportunity to showcase his talents.

I could see Washington still being well-liked by a team that wants to be a run-heavy team, such as the Titans if they keep Henry as the focal point.

I don't enjoy hearing about any LaPorta medical issues either.

I'd really prefer to have one of Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, LaPorta, or Kraft. If not, I'd be nervous about long-term potential for starting TE.
If 2 of those guys may have medical concerns, that can dwindle down the top of the class pretty significantly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting to hear on Washington especially.
Curious what medical thing(s) could have been found, as I thought he wasn't injured.
Also really interested to find out what possible character concerns there are with Washington.
From everything I had gathered on Washington, he accepted getting less opportunities in the passing game in favor of Brock Bowers and stayed at Georgia. He could have chosen to transfer after 2021 season to a school that would have given him more opportunity to showcase his talents.

I could see Washington still being well-liked by a team that wants to be a run-heavy team, such as the Titans if they keep Henry as the focal point.

I don't enjoy hearing about any LaPorta medical issues either.

I'd really prefer to have one of Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, LaPorta, or Kraft. If not, I'd be nervous about long-term potential for starting TE.
If 2 of those guys may have medical concerns, that can dwindle down the top of the class pretty significantly.

I missed the first one lol.

Hopefully some of this stuff is just the usual draft week talk.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:44 AM)Synric Wrote: I missed the first one lol.

Hopefully some of this stuff is just the usual draft week talk.

Hopefully also just smokescreen stuff to try to change teams' minds to cause a prospect to fall to a team that really wants the player.

If there really are medical/character concerns with Washington along with him being more projected pass catcher rather than proven, I might have to be out on him.

The more and more I hear, the more I think it's a CB (likely Forbes) unless Mayer or Robinson happens to be there.
I'm also seeing some people think Cam Smith might fall to 28, and if that happens, I would love him to be a Bengal.
Love his playstyle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully also just smokescreen stuff to try to change teams' minds to cause a prospect to fall to a team that really wants the player.

If there really are medical/character concerns with Washington along with him being more projected pass catcher rather than proven, I might have to be out on him.

The more and more I hear, the more I think it's a CB (likely Forbes) unless Mayer or Robinson happens to be there.
I'm also seeing some people think Cam Smith might fall to 28, and if that happens, I would love him to be a Bengal.
Love his playstyle.

I doubt Smith goes before we pick. He's a guy I keep forgetting about. If Forbes/Banks are gone, I might go Brents if I had to take a corner. Though I'd likely go another direction before taking either. 
Reply/Quote

Would be interesting to know whether anyone looks at past drafts vis-a-vis past rumors from Walter Football and can ascertain how much Walter Football is manipulated to spread draft rumors so that certain players slide. 
Reply/Quote

Things of this should not be permitted to be published without substantial evidence to support such allegations. 
Reply/Quote
Here's a little something that points towards some of these "leaks" possibly being strategic in nature.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/s2-co-founder-says-two-scores-that-were-leaked-are-not-accurate/ar-AA1ajw54?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7c7af614048c4f78ad6aa7dba3e85828&ei=39

Quote:S2 Co-Founder Says Two Scores That Were Leaked 'Are Not Accurate'
Story by Schuyler Callihan • 5h ago

Some pre-draft news.

One of the big topics of conversation in recent weeks has been the results of the S2 Cognition test and how poorly Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud reportedly performed on it. Multiple reports got out that Stroud scored an 18 on the test, which was by far the worst grade of any of the quarterbacks in this year's draft class.

However, that score may not be true. Co-founder of the S2 Cognition test, Brandon Ally, explained on The Pat McAfee Show that some of the scores that leaked out were inaccurate.

"The day that those leaks happened, my phone was blowing up from general managers and our attorney. We can't speak on specifics. What I will say is the list of scores that I have seen, two of those scores are not accurate. They're not accurate at all. Some of the reason could be for narrative purposes. The other reason is that they don't have context, so somebody could have gotten a list of very early scores. One of the particular athletes on that list I know had a difficult time making his way to the all-star game, things were delayed. He was in high demand. He was hungry, tired, it was 11 p.m., didn't want to do it. He was frustrated. We administered the test because we're asked to. We knew at that point in time, hey, we're going to get you again. We'll get you at your Pro Day, your 30 visit. We did that and his score is significantly higher than what it was being reported in the media. I'm not saying that it was C.J. Stroud. But for context purposes, the scores that were leaked, there are a couple of them that are inaccurate and there needs to be context behind that."

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 03:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's a little something that points towards some of these "leaks" possibly being strategic in nature.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/s2-co-founder-says-two-scores-that-were-leaked-are-not-accurate/ar-AA1ajw54?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7c7af614048c4f78ad6aa7dba3e85828&ei=39

I saw that. And how reliably does the S2 test evaluate a football player’s instincts or ability to read what the other team is doing? Better than the wonderlic (which they have abandoned)? Probably not.

Some tests only measure how well you take that particular test. I’ve worked with people who probably wouldn’t do well on tests like the S2 or Wonderlic, but their problem solving ability was impressive.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I saw that. And how reliably does the S2 test evaluate a football player’s instincts or ability to read what the other team is doing? Better than the wonderlic (which they have abandoned)? Probably not.

Some tests only measure how well you take that particular test. I’ve worked with people who probably wouldn’t do well on tests like the S2 or Wonderlic, but their problem solving ability was impressive.

The effectiveness of the Wonderlic V. S2 is likely a great topic for debate, even in a thread of it's own.  However, representatives from teams, agents, sports media personnel, etc. possibly strategicallypreading disinformation comes as no surprise to those who have followed the draft, and paid attention as to which "rumors" about certain players over the years were true or not.  

Sports are competitive, not just on the field among the participants, but also among those in the management and even presentation of the sport to the public.  Back in time, doing acts or spreading info with a dishonest intent was a negative thing to be frowned upon by most, now it's just excused under the guise of 'competition'.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote