Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Review
http://www.draft32.com/2015-nfl-draft-review.html

Quote:NFL TEAM FIRES SCOUTING STAFF TO SAVE MONEY, SELECT NAMES COACHES SAW ON ESPN

I’m sorry I posted my draft review late this year, but I was dealing with an injury.  You see, my cousin was using my computer and he actually navigated so deep into the interwebz that he got stuck in a youtube.  So I heroically jumped into the screen and saved him but unfortunately broke my ankle in the process.   The good news is that my cousin found a website deep in the internet that shows the future.  The only thing he learned on it was that Josh Shaw will take over for Reggie Nelson at FS in 2016 and intercept 4 passes.

The draft is more of a crapshoot than people realize, so when you’re trying to fill a need and feel you must get better at a spot, doubling up on a position is a good strategy.  It worked GREAT for the Redskins when they took WR Devin Thomas and WR Malcolm Kelly.  It’s better practice along the OL because you can play both guys at the same time.  Ogbuehi is good.  I like him but wasn’t overly impressed.  Definitely has pro LT traits which makes him valuable.  I wasn’t huge on Fisher because he doesn’t look dominant enough, but athleticism is where it’s at for a team that wants to run a lot of zone stuff.  I’d have preferred a more powerful run blocker because they shouldn’t want to throw it 40 times a game, but he can play LT too.  When you spend two high picks on guys who can play LT, chance are you will have a quality LT.  And they won’t need one until next year unless Whitworth sabotages natural order.  Ogbuehi can get completely healthy and Fisher can hit the weight room and if either is ready right away they can play guard or RT.

The Bengals should stop trying to make TE happen and just play 3 receivers and 2 tailbacks all the time.  Or 2 receivers, 1 tailback and Rex Burkhead for intimidation.  Kroft isn’t anything and drafting for need in the 3rd round is a big no-no.  There were better players on the board.  Like Paul Dawson.  One of the draft broadcasts kept repeating the same line from Gary Patterson describing Dawson as a knucklehead.  So naturally his best fit is alongside Vontaze Burfict.   Dawson is Robert Durst as a tackler and his instincts are ghostly.  He always finds the ball, which is a positive for LBs according to a recent 14 million dollar analytics study conducted by Shad Khan’s mustache.  I’m scarred a bit from jumping on the Arthur Brown train (the internet was way off there), but I think Dawson’s better and my instincts tell me to trust my instincts about his instincts.  The key for him is staying on the field.  Solution: tell him he can’t leave the facility.  He’ll never be late for meetings and there will be no chance for off-field issues because he’ll never be off-field.  If his head is really made of knuckles, he’ll fall for it.  Foolproof plan.  You’re welcome coach Lewis.

As usual, I like the Bengals draft.  They don’t overthink things and generally take higher ranked prospects on various media lists.  And generally those players are better than most of the head-scratchers.  Give a look at Alford returning kicks, Ozumah’s going to be better than Kroft, and Derron Smith’s good value as a guy who fell because of recent surgery and height.

All 32 teams included, bit of humor added and a different view compared to some of the major networks. I wouldn't take it too serious but a solid read if your trying to pass time at work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The biggest disagreement I have with this review is that of Tyler Kroft. To say that Kroft "isn't anything" shows that whoever did the review doesn't seem to know much about finding well rounded TEs. Sure, Kroft may not ever be Rob Gronkowski, but he looks like he will be a very complete TE that will be a reliable receiver and blocker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 04:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The biggest disagreement I have with this review is that of Tyler Kroft. To say that Kroft "isn't anything" shows that whoever did the review doesn't seem to know much about finding well rounded TEs. Sure, Kroft may not ever be Rob Gronkowski, but he looks like he will be a very complete TE that will be a reliable receiver and blocker.

Yea like I said I wouldn't take it too serious I just thought it was interesting enough to post, his 2014 review was enough for me to not put much into it.

Check this out from 2014 :

Quote:Jeremy Hill I don’t like. He’s a fake tough back who only runs with power when he wants to. He’s huge and can carry the load, but he’s too straight-line and gives inconsistent effort. Not to mention the off-field concerns. There are few athletes in the world with that type of size, speed, and ability to withstand punishment. But I don’t see the fight I want right now. I see Beanie Wells. Doesn’t mean the Cincy coaches can’t get it out of him eventually – but I don’t see how you could take him over Hyde or Mason.
Reply/Quote
The draft is a crapshoot. It's pretty predictable in the first round as far as who is drafted where, but after that, it's anyone's guess.

We've had some guys (along with countless other teams) that have had studs come out of the middle rounds. I very rarely "grade" a draft until 3 years later. The only grade I will give a team is based on what their needs are and if they drafted players at those positions.
Reply/Quote