Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Draft Sharks Says Burrow Is An Injury Risk?!
I just got an email that lists Burrow as a high injury risk for the 2022 season?!

Quote:Joe Burrow, Bengals

Probability of Injury: 65%

Probability of Injury Per Game: 6.0%

Projected Games Missed: 1.5

Credit Burrow for a smooth recovery from tears to his left meniscus, ACL, MCL and PCL (November 22, 2020). Cleared in time for training camp, Burrow even handled a few preseason reps before suiting up for Week 1.

He missed the season finale due to knee soreness, but that was considered precautionary. With a QB7 finish, 2021 couldn’t have gone much better. Just wrap your head around the fact that he absorbed a league-high 70 sacks. (Fortunately, the Bengals took their O-line seriously this offseason.)

Now, in the Super Bowl, Burrow sustained a right knee sprain. But that injury healed with rest and rehab. Back to 100%, it’s stunning to think we might see an improved Burrow in 2022.

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

We had a HORRIBLE offensive line last season and Burrow still didn't miss any games. He rested week 18 but, besides that, he took the MOST SACKS IN THE LEAGUE and still didn't miss a game!

I could understand if we hadn't improved on the line, but PFF has us ranked as the [b]8TH BEST OFFENSIVE LINE![/b]

I thought, after coming one block from winning the Super Bowl, that people would stop disrespecting us just to disrespect us, but I guess not.

It also lists Higgins as an injury risk:

Quote:Tee Higgins, Bengals

Probability of Injury: 91%

Probability of Injury Per Game: 13.2%

Projected Games Missed: 3.1

Higgins has 3 recorded hamstring injuries dating back to Clemson. But the real headliner here is the left shoulder (labrum) injury that he played with for most of last season. It required surgery after the Super Bowl.

Higgins managed the pain well, missing only 2 early-season games due to the shoulder. He was sidelined for Week 18, but only for rest purposes.

While the former Round 2 pick missed the offseason program, he’s on track for training camp this month. We’ll follow his progress closely upon returning.

At least they use a little bit of common sense with Tee.
Reply/Quote
Two seasons, two knee injuries plus a dislocated finger. A play style where he takes more hits than he needs to (regardless of the OL).

Pretty simple. Certainly not worth a dozen-or-whatever wtfs of confusion.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Two seasons, two knee injuries plus a dislocated finger. A play style where he takes more hits than he needs to (regardless of the OL).

/thread
Reply/Quote
This is one of most overdramatic and pointless posts I have seen on here yet.

I want my time back for reading 1/3rd of it and now commenting.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Two seasons, two knee injuries plus a dislocated finger. A play style where he takes more hits than he needs to (regardless of the OL).

First knee injury was a fluke injury caused by bad line play.

Pinky was also a fluke injury that didn't cause him to miss any time, so why would that be reason for concern? In fact, didn't he injure his thumb on a strip sack, meaning that the improved line would likely prevent any fluke injuries like that?

And we all know about the line last season.

His style of play won't be to run or even scramble as much if the offensive line gives him time to sit back and pick defenses apart, which it should.
(07-07-2022, 11:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: /thread
See above.
(07-07-2022, 11:50 PM)ATOTR Wrote: This is one of most overdramatic and pointless posts I have seen on here yet.  

I want my time back for reading 1/3rd of it and now commenting.

Message board bad-ass!

Read my reply up above and try to counter that.
Reply/Quote
Blah, blah...Every player in the league is an injury risk..including a lot of coaches..Heck, 80 something Mike Brown is an injury risk.. I'm an injury risk.. nothing new under the sun here folks. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just got an email that lists Burrow as a high injury risk for the 2022 season?!

We had a HORRIBLE offensive line last season and Burrow still didn't miss any games. He rested week 18 but, besides that, he took the MOST SACKS IN THE LEAGUE and still didn't miss a game!

I could understand if we hadn't improved on the line, but PFF has us ranked as the [b]8TH BEST OFFENSIVE LINE![/b]

I thought, after coming one block from winning the Super Bowl, that people would stop disrespecting us just to disrespect us, but I guess not.

It is probably just a statistical analysis that factors in that both have missed time in the past.

Just like all the analysts going with the "team that loses the Super Bowl struggles the following year" narrative, which has been largely true, but that doesn't factor in how many teams lost coaches and key players from those teams.  Neither of those things happened to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First knee injury was a fluke injury caused by bad line play.

Pinky was also a fluke injury that didn't cause him to miss any time, so why would that be reason for concern? In fact, didn't he injure his thumb on a strip sack, meaning that the improved line would likely prevent any fluke injuries like that?

His style of play won't be to run or even scramble as much if the offensive line gives him time to sit back and pick defenses apart, which it should.
See above.

Message board bad-ass!

I guess it could be said that all injuries are fluke injuries.  

I know when I used to sustain injuries I'd always beat myself up afterwards, telling myself If I'd only done something different it wouldn't have happened.  Truth is you never know when it will happen, but to call them a fluke is stretching it IMO.  Playing in the NFL is like playing with fire, you know it will happen eventually - no player over their career escapes some sort of injury.

And then when you have weak spots, like a sieve OL, the instance potential increases.
Reply/Quote
Dont take every Bengals article on the internet so personally lol
Reply/Quote
The OP should just search for bengals news or opinions or posts a few hours every day.

Go to every source and message board out there. Subscribe to it all please.

Then, whenever someone produces a blurb or thought that is positive about the team, run here and start a new thread with a bunch of exclamation pts. Ie ‘Titans Board says Joe Mixon has cool cleats!!!!’ Then please post the context.

Conversely. Scour the web for any negative thoughts as well, then post them here like it’s the end of the world with all dramatic cussing and emojis etc. Ie ‘Steve Wilbur from Fantasy Foes says Chris Evans needs to work on blocking!’

I think if you can do that 4-7 times a day till the season starts, we’d all appreciate it.

‘Susan Tanner from West Coast Pigskin thinks Drew Sample eats too much beef jerkey’
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 10:41 AM)ATOTR Wrote: The OP should just search for bengals news or opinions or posts a few hours every day.  

Go to every source and message board out there.   Subscribe to it all please.  

Then, whenever someone produces a blurb or thought that is positive about the team, run here and start a new thread with a bunch of exclamation pts.   Ie ‘Titans Board says Joe Mixon has cool cleats!!!!’  Then please post the context.  

Conversely. Scour the web for any negative thoughts as well, then post them here like it’s the end of the world with all dramatic cussing and emojis etc.  Ie ‘Steve Wilbur from Fantasy Foes says Chris Evans needs to work on blocking!’

I think if you can do that 4-7 times a day till the season starts, we’d all appreciate it.

‘Susan Tanner from West Coast Pigskin thinks Drew Sample eats too much beef jerkey’
Wow! You really know how to get people to like you. We're all fans of the same team. If what someone else posts bothers you so much, just move on our maybe you should stop coming to the board all together. Brad  loves the Bengals and probably puts more time in at camps and research than 90% of the rest of us. Most of us enjoy reading about our team whether if we agree with the article or not. Besides arguments and toxicity what have you really contributed to this board?
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 12:06 PM)Mer Wrote: Wow! You really know how to get people to like you. We're all fans of the same team. If what someone else posts bothers you so much, just move on our maybe you should stop coming to the board all together. Brad  loves the Bengals and probably puts more time in at camps and research than 90% of the rest of us. Most of us enjoy reading about our team whether if we agree with the article or not. Besides arguments and toxicity what have you really contributed to this board?

Based on my small number of posts and the rep pts behind it, im far outpacing you in terms of board approval 

I found the block button useful.  PLease use it on me if this upset you. 

I found the OP to be overly exclamatory and dramatic, judging by the threads rating, im not the only one.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 10:41 AM)ATOTR Wrote: The OP should just search for bengals news or opinions or posts a few hours every day.  

Go to every source and message board out there.   Subscribe to it all please.  

Then, whenever someone produces a blurb or thought that is positive about the team, run here and start a new thread with a bunch of exclamation pts.   Ie ‘Titans Board says Joe Mixon has cool cleats!!!!’  Then please post the context.  

Conversely. Scour the web for any negative thoughts as well, then post them here like it’s the end of the world with all dramatic cussing and emojis etc.  Ie ‘Steve Wilbur from Fantasy Foes says Chris Evans needs to work on blocking!’

Follow up my claim that you're a message board hard-ass by being.........  a message board hard ass?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4700l7wbqpp9b6tywhxs...y.gif&ct=g]

It's the offseason, so what are we supposed to do? Make up our own news?

This was a reputable site that I was giving my opinions on the validity of their material.

I saw something that I disagreed with, as is the entire point of the message board (or something people agree with), and I posted my opinion on it.

What else are we supposed to do? Go down to the stadium, sneak in, disguise ourselves as players, and get our own information?

How many other threads that people have posted links with information on the team have you posted the above quote in?
(07-08-2022, 12:06 PM)Mer Wrote: Wow! You really know how to get people to like you. We're all fans of the same team. If what someone else posts bothers you so much, just move on our maybe you should stop coming to the board all together. Brad  loves the Bengals and probably puts more time in at camps and research than 90% of the rest of us. Most of us enjoy reading about our team whether if we agree with the article or not. Besides arguments and toxicity what have you really contributed to this board?

Yeah............. I really don't get some people.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just got an email that lists Burrow as a high injury risk for the 2022 season?!

Any OL ranking for the Bengals at this point is pure speculation based on how the newly-added guys performed on their previous teams.
It's possible we see some decline from them on the Bengals, as they are playing in new scheme and may still need to gel by season start.
For example, Reiff wasn't as good last year with the Bengals as he was the previous season in MIN.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 03:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Follow up my claim that you're a message board hard-ass by being.........  a message board hard ass?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4700l7wbqpp9b6tywhxs...y.gif&ct=g]

It's the offseason, so what are we supposed to do? Make up our own news?

This was a reputable site that I was giving my opinions on the validity of their material.

I saw something that I disagreed with, as is the entire point of the message board (or something people agree with), and I posted my opinion on it.

What else are we supposed to do? Go down to the stadium, sneak in, disguise ourselves as players, and get our own information?

How many other threads that people have posted links with information on the team have you posted the above quote in?

Yeah............. I really don't get some people.

It feels like you are just posting to post, TBH.  Not everything, but these very knee-jerk type threads (Both Pro and Con the Org/Players) seem a little contrived. 
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 02:57 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Based on my small number of posts and the rep pts behind it, im far outpacing you in terms of board approval 

Oh no.  Please don't get into a rep measuring contest.  There are people here with tons of rep that post a lot of things sometimes good sometimes bad IMO.   There are also people here with little rep that make great posts.    I don't see any of it as board approval.   

But since you went there Mer is averaging 5.5 rep per post and you are averaging 6.6 per post.  Not what I would say is far outpacing.  Wink

Anyway, IMO rep here is a worthless measure just like facebook or twitter with thumbs or hearts or whatever.   Post what you want and be true when you do so and don't worry about rep or the rep of others.    Just my two cents.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 03:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Oh no.  Please don't get into a rep measuring contest.  There are people here with tons of rep that post a lot of things sometimes good sometimes bad IMO.   There are also people here with little rep that make great posts.    I don't see any of it as board approval.   

But since you went there Mer is averaging 5.5 rep per post and you are averaging 6.7 per post.  Not what I would say is far outpacing.  Wink

Anyway, IMO rep here is worthless just like facebook or twitter with thumbs or hearts or whatever.   Post what you want and be true when you do so and don't worry about rep or the rep of others.    Just my two cents.  

Rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 03:25 PM)ATOTR Wrote: It feels like you are just posting to post, TBH.  Not everything, but these very knee-jerk type threads (Both Pro and Con the Org/Players) seem a little contrived. 

Brad does have a point. What, exactly, are we supposed to be talking about? It's the deadest part of the off-season. Do I find some of the things that Brad posts silly? Sure, but I don't rail him for it. I either don't comment or join in on the silliness. Honestly, his silly posts contribute more to the board than you coming in here to tell him how pointless it is, in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
The dog days of the off-season are among us...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First knee injury was a fluke injury caused by bad line play.

See above.

Message board bad-ass!

Yep and there ain't a QB in the NFL that has 10 straight fingers or I'd say 90% that hasn't had a surgery/surgeries of some sort on their knee/ankle/foot or all of them. Everything this season points to a more relaxed and traditional style of QB play from JB.

Having more time to stand back there, having a better running game leaving far fewer 3rd and long situations than the past couple seasons, running more play-action (which ZT has talked about) from having a better YPC and, believe it or not, even a more experienced WR group where both WR and QB are on the same page even more. It's not like JB and his guys have played that many games together at this level.
Reply/Quote