Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Trade with Denver
We trade #5 for 9,40,71 I would do that easily.

https://stripehype.com/2021/02/14/bengals-7-round-2021-mock-draft-sewell-chase-off-board/
Reply/Quote
So would anybody!!!! Except Denver. Fansided is one of the worst reads out there IMO, it's just hardly realistic what they come up with. Now A trade I think that makes perfect sense with the Broncos is:

Bengals trade #5

Broncos trade #9, #71(3), #104(4) and #201(7)

-The Bengals can still get a guy of need at #9 (CB, WR, DE, OT ) and be able to address other areas along the trenches.

Imagine: (TDN 4 rd mock)

1) Rashawn Slater-OT (Northwestern)

2) Davion Nixon-DT (Iowa)

3) Dayo Odebeyingo-DE (Vanderbilt)

3) Deonte Brown-G (Alabama)

4) Dyami Brown-WR (UNC)

4) Ambry Thomas-CB (Michigan)

5)
6)
7)
7)
7)
-thats a good foundation to work with in the trenches, and you still have 5 picks to bolster depth!
Reply/Quote
1, 2 and 3 to move up 4 spots is a definite overpay. It's not out of the question, of course, but I wouldn't expect that much. I think the 1st and 2nd would be a reasonable price, albeit one that not many teams would happily give up because a 2nd round pick can often be used to scoop up a "first round talent" which isn't the case in subsequent rounds, normally.

To get from 9 to 5, I would expect 2 3rd round picks (if they have 2) or maybe a 3rd and next year's 2nd (since picks in future drafts are typically valued a round lower due to the delayed value and unpredictability of where in that round the pick will be being dependent on how well the team does and the pick you're trading them may actually give them a better chance of doing well, making your pick worse).
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 11:25 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 1, 2 and 3 to move up 4 spots is a definite overpay. It's not out of the question, of course, but I wouldn't expect that much. I think the 1st and 2nd would be a reasonable price, albeit one that not many teams would happily give up because a 2nd round pick can often be used to scoop up a "first round talent" which isn't the case in subsequent rounds, normally.

To get from 9 to 5, I would expect 2 3rd round picks (if they have 2) or maybe a 3rd and next year's 2nd (since picks in future drafts are typically valued a round lower due to the delayed value and unpredictability of where in that round the pick will be being dependent on how well the team does and the pick you're trading them may actually give them a better chance of doing well, making your pick worse).

It really depends on what is on the board that they want to get at 5.

If they are moving up for a QB that has fallen to 5 that they are in love with, then I can see them giving up a 1st and 2nd rounder. 

When Kansas City moved up to #9 to get Mahomes, this was the trade. Buffalo traded a first-round selection (10th) to Kansas City in exchange for Kansas City's first- and third-round selections (27th and 91st), as well as a first-round selection in 2018.

While there was a much larger gap in jumping from 27 to 10, they also included their first rounder next year. So, if the right QB is there in a top 5 selection, I could see Denver going 1 and 2 instead of not giving up a 1st next year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Could Denver move up to draft a receiver? They’ve been hurting for receivers and quarterbacks for years. I don’t know much about their current Qb though (is he good?)

If Sewell is gone and we’re looking at one of the top 2 receivers, maybe we think about trading down to a team that wants that receiver or a Qb.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 02:25 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Could Denver move up to draft a receiver? They’ve been hurting for receivers and quarterbacks for years. I don’t know much about their current Qb though (is he good?)

If Sewell is gone and we’re looking at one of the top 2 receivers, maybe we think about trading down to a team that wants that receiver or a Qb.

Denver just took Jerry Juedy in the 1st last year, so I doubt they are looking to trade up for another one. QB is another story...

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 02:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Denver just took Jerry Juedy in the 1st last year, so I doubt they are looking to trade up for another one. QB is another story...

Yeah, but before he was drafted who did they have? And Jeudy didn't neccessarily light it up all on his own. They could probably use another surefire WR to legitimize their receiving room.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 03:04 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, but before he was drafted who did they have? And Jeudy didn't neccessarily light it up all on his own. They could probably use another surefire WR to legitimize their receiving room.

I’d say it’s more likely they’ll trade up for a QB if anything. Trading up for a WR without having a franchise QB doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 03:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say it’s more likely they’ll trade up for a QB if anything. Trading up for a WR without having a franchise QB doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

I tend to agree, though I am a bit surprised that they'd be willing to give up on Locke so soon. They're a good team, hit harder by injuries last year than almost anyone. I really fear that they're going to put together a trade for Watson. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Reports saying that Denver is in the hunt for D. Watson. I hope they fail and we have them as an available trade back.

I doubt they would go for an elite receiver, they also spent a 2nd rounder on KJ Hamler last year after Jeudy.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 03:04 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, but before he was drafted who did they have? And Jeudy didn't neccessarily light it up all on his own. They could probably use another surefire WR to legitimize their receiving room.

They had and still have Courtland Sutton. I doubt they will sell the moon to move up in the draft to get another one.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 03:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say it’s more likely they’ll trade up for a QB if anything. Trading up for a WR without having a franchise QB doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

(02-16-2021, 07:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: They had and still have Courtland Sutton. I doubt they will sell the moon to move up in the draft to get another one.

I guess we’ll see what happens. I don’t know a ton about Denver. They love drafting 1st round qbs. Definitely not out of the question for them to make a move.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 02:25 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Could Denver move up to draft a receiver? They’ve been hurting for receivers and quarterbacks for years. I don’t know much about their current Qb though (is he good?)

They took Drew Lock in 2019 in a trade-up with the Bengals in the 2nd round actually.
Lock had a cannon arm but wasn't highly accurate coming out of college.
It appears that's still the case so far - 59.1% career completion percentage for 3953 yards, 23 TDs, 18 INTs in 18 games. 8-10 record.
DEN may decide that after two years, Lock should/would have been better, and thus want to replace him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They took Drew Lock in 2019 in a trade-up with the Bengals in the 2nd round actually.
Lock had a cannon arm but wasn't highly accurate coming out of college.
It appears that's still the case so far - 59.1% career completion percentage for 3953 yards, 23 TDs, 18 INTs in 18 games. 8-10 record.
DEN may decide that after two years, Lock should/would have been better, and thus want to replace him.

Yeah, they've been drafting 1st or 2nd round receivers just about every 2 or 3 years. Just swinging and missing away. I could definitely see them making a move for a QB or WR to help their offense. 

Bengals--for as bad as they've been--have done a decent job with our last few early round QB selections. Palmer was good. Dalton was great draft value in the 2nd. Burrow looks legit.

Really would like to see the Bengals improve the lines this offseason. If Sewell isn't available a trade down could work out really well.
Reply/Quote
I know it's that time of year for all of the hypothetical draft trade scenarios, but this one just seems highly unlikely to me. Everything that I'm seeing/reading is pointing toward Denver's interest in acquiring one of the established, proven QBs via trade.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 10:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know it's that time of year for all of the hypothetical draft trade scenarios, but this one just seems highly unlikely to me.  Everything that I'm seeing/reading is pointing toward Denver's interest in acquiring one of the established, proven QBs via trade.

THis ^^^

There is a bit of a leap with the logic that says their interest in trading for a young, elite, proven QB who is unhappy with his current team means they will sell the farm to trade up to the top of the draft for a QB if the former doesn't come to fruition.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 10:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know it's that time of year for all of the hypothetical draft trade scenarios, but this one just seems highly unlikely to me.  Everything that I'm seeing/reading is pointing toward Denver's interest in acquiring one of the established, proven QBs via trade.

What other QBs are there going to be other than a possible trade for Watson and maybe Prescott in FA if DAL doesn't re-sign him first? None of the other QBs hitting FA are franchise-caliber.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 03:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What other QBs are there going to be other than a possible trade for Watson and maybe Prescott in FA if DAL doesn't re-sign him first? None of the other QBs hitting FA are franchise-caliber.

After R. Wilson let it be known publicly that he's "tired of getting hit", I sort of viewed that as he's open for trade offers.  So, I would consider Wilson as a possible trade candidate.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Feel the same, this trade is highly unlikely and I think Denver might feel like they got burnt by the Lock pick.

They probably want Watson or like you say Russell Wilson if he really wants out of Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same, this trade is highly unlikely and I think Denver might feel like they got burnt by the Lock pick.

They probably want Watson or like you say Russell Wilson if he really wants out of Seattle.

Yes, and someone brought up Dak Prescott, whom I don't feel would be a good fit at all in Denver.  Prescott's success in Dallas was predicated on a powerful rushing attack, along with having a strong group of skill players to throw to.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote