Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Trade with Denver
(02-16-2021, 03:04 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, but before he was drafted who did they have? And Jeudy didn't neccessarily light it up all on his own. They could probably use another surefire WR to legitimize their receiving room.

So think about that post Denver does not need a 1st round pick of WR  with Jeudy having a decent rookie year but Higgins outplays him and we have Boyd but we need a WR and Denver does not.. hmmm does not make alot of sense.. I think they are in play for a few players though.. QB,WR, DE and LB but i don;t think they move up for anything but a QB.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So think about that post Denver does not need a 1st round pick of WR  with Jeudy having a decent rookie year but Higgins outplays him and we have Boyd but we need a WR and Denver does not.. hmmm does not make alot of sense.. I think they are in play for a few players though.. QB,WR, DE and LB but i don;t think they move up for anything but a QB.....

I guess my line of thinking was we have two proven good receivers and Denver can’t necessarily say the same. It’s all good though. We all see things with different lenses of perception. And like I stated in the beginning, I haven’t paid much attention to Denver—and am not incredibly familiar with their roster. I know they’ve struggled throwing the ball for some time now. I would take our starting two receivers over theirs as well. So in my head, Denver needs to address their passing game more than we do. But granted, I could be mistaken.
Reply/Quote
I agree though, I think if they trade up it’s more likely for a Qb. They still haven’t found their guy yet, by the sounds of it.

But who’s to say Denver thinks ‘that guy’ can be had at pick 5? Maybe he’s later in the draft or not in the cards this year. Trading up for a legit receiver isn’t out of the question in my mind. You can put it in terms of likelyhoods if you want. It’s a possibility. There is great value at receiver where we are picking.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, and someone brought up Dak Prescott, whom I don't feel would be a good fit at all in Denver.  Prescott's success in Dallas was predicated on a powerful rushing attack, along with having a strong group of skill players to throw to.

I have never been really impressed with Dak like say Skip Bayless is.

I agree that his success for the most part has been because of the players around him.

Once the O-line got bad or injured, he got bad. He is not able to overcome a bad O-line or lack of a running game as you say.

Not like there are a lot of QB's that can, but still. I don't think he is a Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson type QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have never been really impressed with Dak like say Skip Bayless is.

I agree that his success for the most part has been because of the players around him.

Once the O-line got bad or injured, he got bad. He is not able to overcome a bad O-line or lack of a running game as you say.

Not like there are a lot of QB's that can, but still. I don't think he is a Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson type QB.

I agree and unless Dak signs with another team that has a good OL his career won't ever be as good as it was which equals wasted money on him ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote