Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Week Predictions For The Bengals
Post any draft predictions you have for the Bengals and Happy Draft Week.

I predict the Bengals either take McGlinchey or Miller in the 1st (basing off Lapham) and the other prediction is that if both players are off the board when the Bengals are on the clock then they trade down and end up taking a Center or Safety in the 1st round. I know Safety would be a bit of a shock but I could see Justin Reid being the pick in a trade down and then them hoping they land Center in the 2nd. These are not necessarily what I want to happen but my prediction for what will happen come draft night.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict that a bunch of fans get upset with whoever we pick because it wasn't "there guy". I predict others will proclaim we could have got said guy way later had we just traded back, making the assumption it would have been easy to trade back or that he wasn't the teams guy. I predict a bunch of people will proclaim our draft is horrible, a bunch more will proclaim it's great.......both by the 2nd round. I predict we will draft someone between the 3rd and 5th round who contributes substantially this year yet people won't care about the pick when it occurs.

Every year it never fails, the total freak out after Day 1/2 is nuts. We can't fix all our problems with 2 or three guys yet people will think we could have, and since we didn't do it the way they wanted the FA is totally inept.
Reply/Quote
We will take a center in the 1st round. Who it is remains a mystery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict I'll be upset if we draft Kolton Miller in the first round.
Reply/Quote
They bengals will watch a lot of teams work the board to get the guy they want. The bengals won’t make a move until the back end of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 11:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I predict that a bunch of fans get upset with whoever we pick because it wasn't "there guy". I predict others will proclaim we could have got said guy way later had we just traded back, making the assumption it would have been easy to trade back or that he wasn't the teams guy. I predict a bunch of people will proclaim our draft is horrible, a bunch more will proclaim it's great.......both by the 2nd round. I predict we will draft someone between the 3rd and 5th round who contributes substantially this year yet people won't care about the pick when it occurs.

Every year it never fails, the total freak out after Day 1/2 is nuts. We can't fix all our problems with 2 or three guys yet people will think we could have, and since we didn't do it the way they wanted the FA is totally inept.

I think there is so many ways to see the people on this board be really happy. People seem to have a majority consensus that they like McGlinchey, Wynn, Hernandez, Ragnow, Daniels, and even guys like Price at Center, Evans or Smith or Edmunds at Linebacker, or somehow Derwin James sliding would all improve this team right away and be solid picks that the majority of the fanbase would support coming out of the first round. I think I could live with a Cornerback if the right guy fell like Alexander and the board didn't fall in their favor so they traded down and still landed someone like him it would be okay but not the impact guy we really need right away. The number one meltdown will come with Kolton Miller though. What would be the player or players that made you the most happy in the draft and on the flip side which ones would disappoint you, even though only time will tell but in general just guys you like and dislike?
Reply/Quote
McGlinchley will be off the board before our pick and we end up taking a center with the 21st overall. Either Price or Ragnow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:48 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think there is so many ways to see the people on this board be really happy. People seems to have a majority consensus that they like McGlinchey, Wynn, Hernandez, Ragnow, Daniels, and even guys like Price at Center, Evans or Smith or Edmunds at Linebacker, or somehow Derwin James sliding would all improve this team right away and be solid picks. I think I could live with a Cornerback if the right guy fell like Alexander and the board didn't fall in their favor so they traded down and still landed someone like him it would be okay but not the impact guy we really need right away. The number one meltdown will come with Kolton Miller though. What would be the player or players that made you the most happy in the draft and on the flip side which ones would disappoint you, even though only time will tell but in general just guys you like and dislike?

Playing devil's advocate, what makes anyone on the board qualified to say if Miller is a bad pick? He is polarizing across scouts apparently and some have him going in the top 15 and before McGLinchey. I simply think it's funny people think they are qualified to say what a good or bad pick is when they have no real understanding of breaking down tape, or talking with the prospect in a classroom setting ,or talking to his college coaches. The fact anyone would have a meltdown about a pick that most likely will be "in range" of a general consensus value just shows how crazy the whole process is. Remember when Billings was a sure fire 1st rounder and everyone here lost his mind when we passed in the 1st, then the 2nd, then the 3rd?

I don't worry about specific players honestly. I went back and looked through the last 8 first rounds and stats say 2/3 will be busts no matter how good or bad people think the picks are immediately after. I would like to see us address O line or Linebacker in the 1st, but honestly enough starters come from middle rounds that I don't worry too much about when. If we go back just one year, had we taken Lawson in the top 10 instead of Ross and gotten that production people would be talking about how we did well with our 1st last year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Playing devil's advocate, what makes anyone on the board qualified to say if Miller is a bad pick? He is polarizing across scouts apparently and some have him going in the top 15 and before McGLinchey. I simply think it's funny people think they are qualified to say what a good or bad pick is when they have no real understanding of breaking down tape, or talking with the prospect in a classroom setting ,or talking to his college coaches. The fact anyone would have a meltdown about a pick that most likely will be "in range" of a general consensus value just shows how crazy the whole process is. Remember when Billings was a sure fire 1st rounder and everyone here lost his mind when we passed in the 1st, then the 2nd, then the 3rd?

I don't worry about specific players honestly. I went back and looked through the last 8 first rounds and stats say 2/3 will be busts no matter how good or bad people think the picks are immediately after. I would like to see us address O line or Linebacker in the 1st, but honestly enough starters come from middle rounds that I don't worry too much about when. If we go back just one year, had we taken Lawson in the top 10 instead of Ross and gotten that production people would be talking about how we did well with our 1st last year. 

I probably wouldn't spend anytime on a draft forum if I wasn't interested in the process of who I liked/didn't like and had some interest in what I wanted/hoped the Bengals would do or the rumors of what they might do...but hey...that's just me I guess.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:22 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I probably wouldn't spend anytime on a draft forum if I wasn't interested in the process of who I liked/didn't like and had some interest in what I wanted/hoped the Bengals would do or the rumors of what they might do...but hey...that's just me I guess.

I like to talk about prospects, I also like to see what other people think, but I make it a personal rule not to fall in love because we as the general public don’t know much compared to teams. I am simply pointing out during the draft fans fall in love with people or they think that if holes aren’t fixed inthe 1st round then they messed up.
Reply/Quote
I predict the Kolton Miller thing from Lap was a smokescreen.

Also predict that we take Ragnow, Wynn, Hernandez or McGlinchey at 21.
Reply/Quote
I predict we do NOT draft 2 Offensive Linemen in the first 2 rounds. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: I like to talk about prospects, I also like to see what other people think, but I make it a personal rule not to fall in love because we as the general public don’t know much compared to teams. I am simply pointing out during the draft fans fall in love with people or they think that if holes aren’t fixed inthe 1st round then they messed up.

I don't fall in love but there are typically a handful of guys I want us to stay away from because I feel like they would be reaches where we are picking. I remember Ogbuehi being one of those guys and I just have that same feeling about Miller. So I mentioned that being a pick I wouldn't be happy it. The Bengals have 11 picks and can really get some good players but we can't end up taking a guy based on his Combine and what he could be someday and I think that is what we would be doing with that pick. Like I said there are a ton of players we could pick in the first round this year that could help us right away and hopefully it plays out that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:17 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I don't fall in love but there are typically a handful of guys I want us to stay away from because I feel like they would be reaches where we are picking. I remember Ogbuehi being one of those guys and I just have that same feeling about Miller. So I mentioned that being a pick I wouldn't be happy it. The Bengals have 11 picks and can really get some good players but we can't end up taking a guy based on his Combine and what he could be someday and I think that is what we would be doing with that pick. Like I said there are a ton of players we could pick in the first round this year that could help us right away and hopefully it plays out that way.

A lot of people liked Miller before the combine, he is just one of those polarizing guys. Some guys say he has the highest ceiling to be a franchise LT in the league. You bring up the 11 picks, I hope they consolidate from 11 because frankly they won't all make the team anyways. I really feel this may be the year that if we go value at 21, we come up from 46 back into the 1st or really early 2nd by adding some of those picks together. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 02:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I predict we do NOT draft 2 Offensive Linemen in the first 2 rounds. 
If we end up going Tackle in the first then I think we go Tackle/Center in the first two rounds but if not Tackle in the 1st then I agree. I think we could take a Center, Guard, Linebacker, Safety, and possibly even Corner in the first and then we would wait for a Tackle until at least the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
Something I'm hearing a lot right now and wouldn't surprise me is lamar jackson if he falls to us. Dalton is coming to the end of his contract and potentially this could be a good transition. I wouldn't even be surprised if the bengals put him on the trade block considering his current contract and so many teams needing QB's this would be a good year to move into the top to get a potential upgrade on the cheap.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of people liked Miller before the combine, he is just one of those polarizing guys. Some guys say he has the highest ceiling to be a franchise LT in the league. You bring up the 11 picks, I hope they consolidate from 11 because frankly they won't all make the team anyways. I really feel this may be the year that if we go value at 21, we come up from 46 back into the 1st or really early 2nd by adding some of those picks together. 

Agree that we should really think about doing that this year but I can't see them giving up any of the picks they have in the first three rounds unless they package the comp. pick at the end of the third and then maybe they move up some spots in that round but other than that i it leaves them maybe trading up in the 4th with some of the 5th rounders and 7th rounders which would be fine with me as well. I just can't see them giving up 46 plus 77 or 46 and 100 and a 5th rounder or two but would love to be surprised if it helps land a 2nd starter for this upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: Something I'm hearing a lot right now and wouldn't surprise me is lamar jackson if he falls to us.  Dalton is coming to the end of his contract and potentially this could be a good transition.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the bengals put him on the trade block considering his current contract and so many teams needing QB's this would be a good year to move into the top to get a potential upgrade on the cheap.

First just let me say that i do not dislike Lamar, but this would be incredibly stupid and something i could never
see happening with the way this Offseason has went so far. Mikey doesn't think we are rebuilding, a Lamar Jackson
pick would say that we are. Sounds like something coming from a person that doesn't follow this Franchise at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Playing devil's advocate, what makes anyone on the board qualified to say if Miller is a bad pick? He is polarizing across scouts apparently and some have him going in the top 15 and before McGLinchey. I simply think it's funny people think they are qualified to say what a good or bad pick is when they have no real understanding of breaking down tape, or talking with the prospect in a classroom setting ,or talking to his college coaches. The fact anyone would have a meltdown about a pick that most likely will be "in range" of a general consensus value just shows how crazy the whole process is. Remember when Billings was a sure fire 1st rounder and everyone here lost his mind when we passed in the 1st, then the 2nd, then the 3rd?

Miller is the type of guy Paul Alexander would drool over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It depends on if anyone falls. I think Bengals stay pat and draft if a guy like this falls:

James - Safety
Nelson - G
Edmunds - LB
Smith - LB
Ward - CB

But in reality I could see us trading back more than 1 of above dropping in our lap.

I predict our 1st round pick will be McGlinchey or whomever Bengals have as their top ranked center Daniels, Ragnow or Price. I am thrilled if that happens.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote