Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft a Kicker
Would Bengals be interested in drafting a kicker in the 6th or 7th round?

Jose Borregales K Miami (FL) was the Lou Groza winner and has kicked a 57 yard FG to win game.
In an interview he says he can hit a 60 yarder with 4 yards to spare indoors.
I know we have an outdoor stadium but I would put a 6th or 7th round pick for him.
Reply/Quote
I see why not. we need something different than the usual WR, QB, RB drafts every single year. every single year. every single year. repeat 10x more.
Reply/Quote
Not against it late. Fat Randy ain't bad but he ain't no Justin Tucker either...
Reply/Quote
Last time we drafted a kicker we picked him in the 5th round, we then cut him after camp. He went on to win a SB and then sign what at the time was the 3rd biggest contract for a kicker in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm ok with this... May as well get SOMETHING for Carlos Dunlap.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I've always defended Randy for the same reason I defended Andy. The level of hate doesn't sync with the level of play. Randy has been a good kicker for us...although not as much last year. That said, if we can upgrade, I'm all for it. Especially with a late pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 12:24 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Last time we drafted a kicker we picked him in the 5th round, we then cut him after camp. He went on to win a SB and then sign what at the time was the 3rd biggest contract for a kicker in the NFL.

People wanted a competition. Elliott lost the competition. It's really that simple. He really hasn't been that great a kicker, tbh. Highly overrated in these parts. Probably *because* his team won that SB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 03:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People wanted a competition. Elliott lost the competition. It's really that simple. He really hasn't been that great a kicker, tbh. Highly overrated in these parts. Probably *because* his team won that SB.

Yeah, it's bizarre the amount of pining that goes on over him. Most of them would be trying to run him out of town if he was still here, or making fun of the Bengals for giving nearly $4m/yr for a guy who is a career 82.2% kicker.

2020: 26th in FG%
2019: 13th in FG%
2018: 20th in FG%
2017: 17th in FG%

Bullock has an 85.0% FG rate over the last 4 years, including 2 top-10 seasons.

Over the last 3 years, Elliott has been 6-14 at 50+ while Bullock has been 6-13.

Elliott has been objectively worse than Bullock, and heck, I even agree it's probably time to try to upgrade from Bullock. Pining over a inferior performing overpaid guy is not the answer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not against it late. Fat Randy ain't bad but he ain't no Justin Tucker either...

Bullock getting benched in the last few games of the season in favor of Austin Seibert indicates the Bengals and Bullock may be parting ways this offseason.

I'd expect Austin Seibert vs new guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Randy is gone. Bengals WILL draft a kicker; just a question of who.
Reply/Quote
I see them drafting a kicker, they probably said lets save a few $$ with not resigning Bullock and they tried out Siebert and don;t think he showed well enough so I see them drafting a kicker in 6/7 round...

In the end I agree Bullock was much better than Elliot who if you can remember had a terrible preseason with the chips on the line.... and stats wise Bullock has performed better overall than Elliot
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 11:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bullock getting benched in the last few games of the season in favor of Austin Seibert indicates the Bengals and Bullock may be parting ways this offseason.

I'd expect Austin Seibert vs new guy.

You are probably correct.
Reply/Quote