Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft day one winners
I have to give the Bills the number one spot. They traded around and still got 2 players that could be long term starters. I wonder what AJ McCarron is thinking right now.

Second, Cardinals. They made a trade up for a QB that should be a franchise player due to being picked by the right team. I think he will do great things there given the supporting cast especially David Johnson.

Losers:

Browns. Not so much for the Mayfield pick but because they passed on Chubb at number 4.

Seahawks. They reached for a RB when they dumped a significant part of their defense in the off season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Steelers gotta be in the losers section, major reach on Edmunds.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:31 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I have to give the Bills the number one spot.  They traded around and still got 2 players that could be long term starters.  I wonder what AJ McCarron is thinking right now.

Second, Cardinals.  They made a trade up for a QB that should be a franchise player due to being picked by the right team. I think he will do great things there given the supporting cast especially David Johnson.

Losers:

Browns.  Not so much for the Mayfield pick but because they passed on Chubb at number 4.

Seahawks.  They reached for a RB when they dumped a significant part of their defense in the off season.

Poor McCarron LOL I wonder if he knew when he signed that they'd be targeting a QB that high
Reply/Quote
I couldn't believe the Browns passed on Chubb. You don't get that kinda opportunity very often.. Well, maybe the Browns do, but it's for reasons like this.

I liked the Packers trading down. I didn't like them trading back up to grab CB Alexander. I'm sure he'll be a good player, but they could have stayed put and grabbed a corner or OLB Harold Landry.

Lamar Jackson was definitely a loser too. He was completely freaking out.

I liked the Rosen pick by the Cards. Liked the Bills picks, but they traded away a lot of picks to make them.

I thought the Bengals could have traded down and still gotten Price. The Titans traded up for the pick after the Bengals, we probably could have traded with them but they played it safe. I'm cool with that.

9ers going McGlinchey was a solid pick to protect their investment.

Denver definitely won out landing Chubb. Their D will be stacked if they can get some more help at corner. Could still land Rudolph in the 2nd too. They may just win this draft.
Reply/Quote
Oh and special mention, Ravens. They did some trading around to get extra picks and then traded back up with the Eagles (gave them No. 52, No. 125 and a 2019 second-round pick) for 32nd pick to select Jackson. It wasn't like the Eagles were going to take Jackson at 32 having Carson Wentz and Nick Foles or any of the teams drafting in the top 5 or so picks of the second round would select him. So it seems like a wasted trade up to me. They probably could have traded up in the second round to get him for less.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:00 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Oh and special mention, Ravens.  They did some trading around to get extra picks and then traded back up with the Eagles (gave them No. 52, No. 125 and a 2019 second-round pick) for 32nd pick to select Jackson. It wasn't like the Eagles were going to take Jackson at 32 having Carson Wentz and Nick Foles or any of the teams drafting in the top 5 or so picks of the second round would select him.  So it seems like a wasted trade up to me.  They probably could have traded up in the second round to get him for less.

They wanted a 5th year option for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Loser - Saints trading a first in 2019 for a project at DE is bad
Bills- Allen will be terrible why draft him and not Rosen or Jackson
Bucs- Vea is a dinosaur who will never be a 3 down player.
Winners
Chargers- got the Best player in the Draft with Derwin James.
Broncos- best pass rusher in draft with Chubb
Bears- Roquan Smith one hell of a player
Colts- You get the best offensive lineman in draft plus three more picks I the second.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
McCarron is probably licking his chops at competing with a 57% completion percentage college QB.  If Allen is ever a "playoff caliber" type of qb, it'll probably be after his rookie contract.  

The Cards did really well for themselves.  

Steelers...lol.
Reply/Quote
Damn I was hoping vea would fall.... That is all. Oh and Steelers Seahawks losers. Browns major winners.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:31 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I have to give the Bills the number one spot.  They traded around and still got 2 players that could be long term starters.  I wonder what AJ McCarron is thinking right now.

Second, Cardinals.  They made a trade up for a QB that should be a franchise player due to being picked by the right team. I think he will do great things there given the supporting cast especially David Johnson.

Losers:

Browns.  Not so much for the Mayfield pick but because they passed on Chubb at number 4.

Seahawks.  They reached for a RB when they dumped a significant part of their defense in the off season.

bills did good traded up twice didn't brake the bank either time to do it. they waited for their spot
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy but I think the Browns won big yesterday. Mayfield, like it or not, is a good QB with big upside that will run an up tempo, spread offense that Hue likes to run to a T and they got a lockdown CB that runs a 4.3 in a division with AJ Green and Antonio Brown.
Reply/Quote
Winners: Chargers for getting Derwin at 17.
Cardinals got QB 1 at pick 10.
Jets getting Darnold at 3
Broncos getting Chubb to pair with Von

Losers: Steelers reached for Edmunds
Saints gave up a lot for Davenport .
Raiders for taking Miller
Bills for taking Allen but Edmunds was good value
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:08 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Call me crazy but I think the Browns won big yesterday. Mayfield, like it or not, is a good QB with big upside that will run an up tempo, spread offense that Hue likes to run to a T and they got a lockdown CB that runs a 4.3 in a division with AJ Green and Antonio Brown.

Baker is a question mark for me but that team isn’t lacking offensive talent around him which is why I think he might succeed. Josh Gordon Jarvis Landry and Corey Coleman at WR with Hyde, Duke Johnson, and possibly Guice at RB and then a really good line that could add Connor Williams and when healthy the guy can be a really good Tackle. They are on the rise but I guess they would have to be after going 0-16. Denzel Ward was a real good pick but I wouldn’t have been able to pass on pairing Chubb with Myles Garrett.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Winner - Cincinnati. Anyone who has watched Bodine for 4 years KNOWS that this pick provides the greatest, immediate impact for this team
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:08 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Call me crazy but I think the Browns won big yesterday. Mayfield, like it or not, is a good QB with big upside that will run an up tempo, spread offense that Hue likes to run to a T and they got a lockdown CB that runs a 4.3 in a division with AJ Green and Antonio Brown.

QB is nice and all... But without Joe Thomas... Hes gonna be running..

If the browns are smart Mayfield only plays the bench this year. (Jackson is likely to be fired before he even uses the kid. and the next head coach might have other ideas) its why I consider it a bad pick for the browns.

They have a stop gap they should have finished building the team around him then find the guy of the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:49 AM)treee Wrote: Poor McCarron LOL I wonder if he knew when he signed that they'd be targeting a QB that high

Or that he would be having D linemen in his lap all season with Bodine in front of him again.
Reply/Quote