Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft day trades
How exactly do the trades work on draft day. Just going to give an example. Let's say we are on the clock, Sewell is gone and a couple of the QBS are still on the board. Let's say 3 teams call wanting to trade up to 5. Can we negotiate, per say? Can we listen to an offer from team A, get another offer from team B and then call back team A and tell them that offer and that they need to offer more? Can we call team C and tell them the other offers, or even fib about the offers?

I hope this makes sense. I know it is a short amount of time but if Sewell is off the board at 3 I would think teams will start calling knowing that he is probably the Bengals main target.

I think it would be interesting to hear these calls as they are happening
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 10:08 AM)spazz70 Wrote: How exactly do the trades work on draft day.  Just going to give an example.  Let's say we are on the clock, Sewell is gone and a couple of the QBS are still on the board.  Let's say 3 teams call wanting to trade up to 5.  Can we negotiate, per say?  Can we listen to an offer from team A, get another offer from team B and then call back team A and tell them that offer and that they need to offer more? Can we call team C and tell them the other offers, or even fib about the offers?  

I hope this makes sense. I know it is a short amount of time but if Sewell is off the board at 3 I would think teams will start calling knowing that he is probably the Bengals main target.  

some of those discussions have already been made pre draft.. also teams have put in place trade options already depending on the scenario you are describing.. teams know they are on the clock so time matters and yes teams will get multiple offers at times...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 10:08 AM)spazz70 Wrote: How exactly do the trades work on draft day.  Just going to give an example.  Let's say we are on the clock, Sewell is gone and a couple of the QBS are still on the board.  Let's say 3 teams call wanting to trade up to 5.  Can we negotiate, per say?  Can we listen to an offer from team A, get another offer from team B and then call back team A and tell them that offer and that they need to offer more? Can we call team C and tell them the other offers, or even fib about the offers?  

Discussions can happen prior or during the time that the Bengals are on the clock. But the clock is not paused while negotiations are being done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, you only have a little time so I kind of thought discussions happen before the Draft in case so we know what a
team is willing to offer before hand if Sewell isn't there and the QB a certain team is looking for, is.
Reply/Quote
You can do whatever you want before your pick as far as negotiating goes.

You can do whatever you want during the 10 minutes.

You absolutely have to have the trade completed and called in by the end of your time or the next team can pick.
Reply/Quote