This year they have the following coming out:
LT=Liam Eichenberg
RT=Robert Hainsey
LG-Aaron Banks
RG-Tommy Kraemer
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mentioned this in another thread. It would be instant continuity and chemistry adding multiple guys who have played on the same line for years already. Banks is the only one I’m not a fan of this year.

I don’t know what I’m missing with Eichenberg. He looks like a top 10 pick to me. Unless he is old or something I wouldn’t be mad if we took him way earlier than all the projections.

I have seen a few articles from different teams. Oh we can trade back and get Eichenberg and bam plug and play starting LT. Well if he is a plug and play LT I don’t think he drops. I want him to play RT.

Kraemer the Cincinnati boy mauling RG. And Hainsey the short armed career RT who could pull a Trey Hopkins and go from college OT to C
Reply/Quote
Them and Iowa seem to put out super high end OL players recently.

Reply/Quote
Might as well bring in my boy Michael Mayer to play tight end in two more years when he's eligible for the draft! He's going to be a BEAST!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 01:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Them and Iowa seem to put out super high end OL players recently.

I came to this thread to say the exact same thing, lol.  Just get dudes from ND and Iowa and plug them in.  Ferentz cranks out o-linemen like the Fed prints money.  That's saying a lot in an era when even powerhouse schools like Bama and Ohio State are hit or miss with their OL prospects. Guys from that program almost always seem to come into the league not just with physical ability, but actually knowing how to play the positions.
Reply/Quote
I really approve of thread.

Both schools are cranking out nfl players for years now, not just O Linemen.

Iowa has to be Tight End U for all the TEs they’ve put in the NFL.

Dallas Clark
Noah Fant
TJ Hockensen
George Kittle
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Wonder why those coaches aren’t getting any buzz about NFL gigs
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 01:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Them and Iowa seem to put out super high end OL players recently.

Wouldn't mind Alarec (sp?) Johnson in the mid-rounds and move inside. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have been a big proponent of Eichenburg for a long time around here. I think he is going to end up being a really solid tackle, and if we go with a weapon in the 1st I think he along with a couple other O linemen could be in play in the 2nd pending what happens in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 12:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have been a big proponent of Eichenburg for a long time around here. I think he is going to end up being a really solid tackle, and if we go with a weapon in the 1st I think he along with a couple other O linemen could be in play in the 2nd pending what happens in FA.

I don't think they will I expect to see a run of Offensive Lineman to finish the first and start the second round.

I believe Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Jenkins, Mayfield will all be off the board by the end of the first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wouldn't mind Alarec (sp?) Johnson in the mid-rounds and move inside. 

It's Alaric Jackson.  He was a good enough LT to keep Wirfs on the right side throughout his college career, but he's not getting much love from the draft experts -- not sure why ... good size, coming off a pretty good year.  Looks like he's projecting as an NFL guard/backup tackle.  "short arms" curse, I guess?  

They also have a TE coming out this year, Shaun Beyer.  Good size, very good blocker.  Not a big time receiver, but that's not stopped us before (see Sample, Drew).

I'd be good taking a flier on either of these guys in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 12:54 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't think they will I expect to see a run of Offensive Lineman to finish the first and start the second round.

I believe Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Jenkins, Mayfield will all be off the board by the end of the first round.

I think after the top half you will see a run on defenders that are the best at their positions but not quite top half of the draft good.

Even in this scenario, which I think is a pretty far reach, you could still have Vera Tucker, Radunz, Dickerson, Leatherwood, Carman who you could mover up and down the 2nd to snag one. In reality I don't see Eichenburg/Cosmi/Mayfield as 1st rounders at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 02:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think after the top half you will see a run on defenders that are the best at their positions but not quite top half of the draft good.

Even in this scenario, which I think is a pretty far reach, you could still have Vera Tucker, Radunz, Dickerson, Leatherwood, Carman who you could mover up and down the 2nd to snag one. In reality I don't see Eichenburg/Cosmi/Mayfield as 1st rounders at this point. 

I didnt think Ezra Cleveland or Isaiah Wilson were first round picks either but teams reach for Offensive Tackles and this is a weak defensive draft at the top so it's very likely the stronger offensive line class goes earlier.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 02:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I didnt think Ezra Cleveland or Isaiah Wilson were first round picks either but teams reach for Offensive Tackles and this is a weak defensive draft at the top so it's very likely the stronger offensive line class goes earlier.

Yea, I just don't see it. Specifically the ones I named, although I do think Vera-Tucker goes in the 1st though. I am pretty confident there will be some really good O linemen on the board when we pick. If not that means some REALLY good defenders are on the board at which point I am good with that, especially if we grabbed some in FA.
Reply/Quote
I still say the best scenario is to trade back with Denver/Carolina to pick up at least a 3rd this year. At 8/9 is where I would expect us to take a RT if Sewell is off the board. (Slater, Darrisaw) I also think with past drafts being weak tackle classes you could see 6/7 being 1st rounders this year, which is good for us as it allows other areas of need to slide into the 2nd rd. (CB, WR, DT/DE)
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 01:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Might as well bring in my boy Michael Mayer to play tight end in two more years when he's eligible for the draft!  He's going to be a BEAST!

[Image: 140243252_822541879120_79587229763848782...e=6063072A]

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I really approve of thread.

Both schools are cranking out nfl players for years now, not just O Linemen.

Iowa has to be Tight End U for all the TEs they’ve put in the NFL.

Dallas Clark
Noah Fant
TJ Hockensen
George Kittle

In a 7 year span, Cincinnati pumped out both Brent Celek and Travis Kelce and it looked like they were set to be the big TE factory. We'll see how Josiah Deguara does.

That's a pretty solid list of Iowa TEs, though. I really like Fant, would love to see what he does with a real QB. Crazy they had two 1st round TEs in 2019.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I am really high on Eichenberg as people know. Also really like Kraemer, would love to get both however it happened.

If Sewell isn't there I would even trade back and pick Eichenberg in the first, that is how much I like him.

Get Kraemer or Meinerz in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote