Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft grade compilation
https://twitter.com/thorku/status/1255104731162095617?s=21

Hope this link works. Ravens, bengals and browns in top 10 draft rankings fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 09:15 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/thorku/status/1255104731162095617?s=21

Hope this link works.  Ravens, bengals and browns in top 10 draft rankings fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Awaiting the "wE WoNT kNoW hOw GoOD tHeSE dRAfTs aRE until tHEy pLaY" comments.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:45 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Awaiting the "wE WoNT kNoW hOw GoOD tHeSE dRAfTs aRE until tHEy pLaY" comments.

I'll be 'that guy' who says, "wE RoCKED iT wITh BUrroW!"  A+!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:45 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Awaiting the "wE WoNT kNoW hOw GoOD tHeSE dRAfTs aRE until tHEy pLaY" comments.

Doesn't make it less true.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2452453-bengals-2015-draft-aggregating-report-card-grades-from-around-the-web
ESPN: B+
NFL.com: A+
CBS Sports: B
Sports Illustrated: B+
Local 12: A-
Bleacher Report: A

And yet that 2015 draft turned out to be absolutely terrible. Somehow Uzomah, a mediocre TE2, became the best player for the Bengals in that draft despite having an extra 3rd and 4th round pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doesn't make it less true.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2452453-bengals-2015-draft-aggregating-report-card-grades-from-around-the-web
ESPN: B+
NFL.com: A+
CBS Sports: B
Sports Illustrated: B+
Local 12: A-
Bleacher Report: A

And yet that 2015 draft turned out to be absolutely terrible. Somehow Uzomah, a mediocre TE2, became the best player for the Bengals in that draft despite having an extra 3rd and 4th round pick.

Not saying it isn't true, just saying we are on a fan message board that is obviously going to speculate about the draft haul we just had. OBVIOUSLY we need to see them play, but I don't think we are all willing to social distance ourselves from this board as well until then.
Reply/Quote
Here is what will probably happen. Hopefully this will get some of the realism folks to feel better at the potential of us still being a bad football team.

Hypothetical 2023 review of 2020 draft

Joe Burrow -- A
Joe fit what the Bengals needed at the time and was a no-brainer can't miss pick.

Tee Higgins -- B-
Many of his fellow receivers from the 2020 draft class have become top performers in the league. Bengals could have drafted O-line here as they still have these issues in 2023. They also could have drafted (insert receiver A) who is an absolute stud.

Logan Wilson -- C
Steady starter, but nothing special. A slightly better Nick Vigil. He makes plays now and then, but is often caught out of position. The uptick in competition level made it difficult for him to maintain the production he had in college

ADG -- D+
Signs pointed to impending injuries that have derailed any chance he had of success in the NFL. 'Bone on Bone' as they call it. He was never able to stay on the field for more than half a season

Kahild Kareem -- B-
Stepped in to fill void by departure of Dunlap. Good value for when taken. Is an average to above average player.

Hakeem Adenji -- D (no longer with team)
Bengals took Adenji as they needed line help in 2020. He never made the jump to success in the NFL. Was released in preseason.

Markus Bailey -- B+
Despite injury concerns, Markus has been a steady contributor for the Bengals. Great value for a 7th round pick.

OVERALL GRADE: C-
The Bengals hit the easy homerun in Joe Burrow, but missed opportunities to get players that could protect him. (insert player B) would have been a better option at 33 as Tee Higgins has been average in his career and there were also other receivers who have had greater upside since entering the league.. The linebackers were a necessity at the time of the draft, but the Bengals missed on (Insert player C) and (Insert player D) who would have been better value.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 12:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Here is what will probably happen. Hopefully this will get some of the realism folks to feel better at the potential of us still being a bad football team.

Joe Burrow -- A
Joe fit what the Bengals needed at the time and was a no-brainer can't miss pick.

Tee Higgins -- B-
Many of his fellow receivers from the 2020 draft class have become top performers in the league. Bengals could have drafted O-line here as they still have these issues in 2023. They also could have drafted (insert receiver A) who is an absolute stud.

Logan Wilson -- C
Steady starter, but nothing special. A slightly better Nick Vigil. He makes plays now and then, but is often caught out of position. The uptick in competition level made it difficult for him to maintain the production he had in college

ADG -- D+
Signs pointed to impending injuries that have derailed any chance he had of success in the NFL. 'Bone on Bone' as they call it. He was never able to stay on the field for more than half a season

Kahild Kareem -- B-
Stepped in to fill void by departure of Dunlap. Good value for when taken. Is an average to above average player.

Hakeem Adenji -- D (no longer with team)
Bengals took Adenji as they needed line help in 2020. He never made the jump to success in the NFL. Was released in preseason.

Markus Bailey -- B+
Despite injury concerns, Markus has been a steady contributor for the Bengals. Great value for a 7th round pick.

OVERALL GRADE: C-
The Bengals hit the easy homerun in Joe Burrow, but missed opportunities to get players that could protect him. (insert player B) would have been a better option at 33 as Tee Higgins has been average in his career and there were also other receivers who have had greater upside since entering the league.. The linebackers were a necessity at the time of the draft, but the Bengals missed on (Insert player C) and (Insert player D) who would have been better value.

I don’t understand how Tee is average. Dudes tied with Hopkins and Watkins stat wise and highlights are bat shit crazy. With AJ in the wr room, hell even Boyd, they’ll refine his route running to make him a complete receiver.
Reply/Quote
I really hate the Wilson/Vigil comparisons. While they look similar and measured similar, their demeanor and play styles are completely different. Vigil is a come to me tackler that will ride his guy down after 5 yards. Wilson is a down hill aggressive tackler that stops guys in their tracks.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 02:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I really hate the Wilson/Vigil comparisons. While they look similar and measured similar, their demeanor and play styles are completely different. Vigil is a come to me tackler that will ride his guy down after 5 yards. Wilson is a down hill aggressive tackler that stops guys in their tracks.

Vigil just lacks the tenacity and thump ability to be a effective 
LB. he got fooled and  juked more Charlie Brown did with Lucy 
Wilson seems to be more cerebral and and more of take no prisoners LB 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 02:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I really hate the Wilson/Vigil comparisons. While they look similar and measured similar, their demeanor and play styles are completely different. Vigil is a come to me tackler that will ride his guy down after 5 yards. Wilson is a down hill aggressive tackler that stops guys in their tracks.

If you are a mid round white LB in Cincy, you are going to be compared to Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you are a mid round white LB in Cincy, you are going to be compared to Vigil.

Or maybe it's because they are both productive LBs from the same conference with nearly identical measurables….. Has nothing to do with being white....

Nick Vigil Draft Profile:
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 239lbs
Arm Length: 32 3/8"
Hand Size: 10 1/4"
40 yard: 4.72 secs
Vertical: 31.5 inch
Broad: 115.0 inch
3 Cone: 6.73 sec
20 yard shuttle: 4.00 sec

SR Year stat line:
144 total tackles (68 solo, 76 ast, 13.5 TFL) 3 sacks, 0 INT, 1FF, 2FR

Logan Wilson Draft Profile:
Weight: 241lbs
Hand Size: 9 1/2"
40 yard: 4.63 secs
Vertical: 32.0 inch
Broad: 121.0 inch
3 Cone: 7.07
20 yard shuttle: 4.27 sec

SR Year stat line:
105 total tackles (62 solo, 47 ast, 8.5 TFL) 1 sacks, 4 INT, 1FF, 0FR

Nice try though. Again, Wilson is a bit more of a ballhawk and had more INTs over his career.... an improvement over Vigil, but by how much?
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson reminds me of Odell Thurman without the baggage

https://youtu.be/1tWGHm6v6Yg
Reply/Quote
Nice vid Kingslayer. What I like best about Wilson is the angles he takes and the way he tackles.

Nothing like Vigil, as Yo said, he is a downhill aggressive Linebacker that can also cover.

I don't know if he is Odell, but he is definitely not Vigil, like at all. This is why I put no stock in combine numbers.

Watch the guy on the field please.

To the OP, we definitely had one of the best Drafts, I would only put the Ravens, Vikings and maybe the Cowgirls
ahead of us. We only had 7 picks so we might of done the best out of any team in getting the most value out of
every pick IMO.
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jeremiah:

"I thought they had a great draft. One of the best drafts we've seen from them in a long time. It's been a while since they've drafted a Pro Bowl player, Buck. I think you got to go back to Tyler Eifert to find the last Pro Bowl player that they've drafted. I think they've got a chance to have some Pro Bowlers pop out of this group."

Bucky Brooks:

"I have a late developing crush on Logan Wilson in terms of what he should be. I think they need to hand over the keys to the defense to him. They have three young linebackers that can grow together. That rarely happens where you can get a young core that can play together and serve as your nucleus for a long time. The teams that have been able to navigate and pull that off, have been the successful teams for a long time because chemistry and continuity matters." 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 05:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or maybe it's because they are both productive LBs from the same conference with nearly identical measurables….. Has nothing to do with being white....

SR Year stat line:

SR Year stat line:

Nice try though. Again, Wilson is a bit more of a ballhawk and had more INTs over his career.... an improvement over Vigil, but by how much?

Uh....did you see the difference in Hand sizes buddy??? Case closed! Yawn
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 05:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or maybe it's because they are both productive LBs from the same conference with nearly identical measurables….. Has nothing to do with being white....

SR Year stat line:

SR Year stat line:

...or maybe it is because he is a mid round white LB. Vigil wasn't near the prospect that Wilson was, not even close to be honest. I can throw up stats and measurables of guys from the same draft that are basically the same and one went in the 1st and another goes in the 4th. The knee jerk reaction when we took him was because he was a white guy in the mid rounds most fans had never heard of, it's okay to laugh at it. I literally got texts from people who don't follow the draft at all who said "Is he Vigil", for that very reason.

Lighten up.
Reply/Quote
We can do this stuff all day long. It just depends on if you're a glass half full or empty Bengals fan.

Joe Burrow -- A+
Joe gets Rookie of the Year award, goes onto making the Pro Bowl Roster by 2023.

Tee Higgins -- A
Tee becomes Joe's downfield threat, and after AJ Green leaves next year, becomes Joe's main threat as AJ was to Dalton. In 2023, he catches 85 balls for an 18 yd per reception average, 12 TD's, 1,200 yds and his first Pro Bowl Appearence.

Logan Wilson -- A
Wilson makes a great entrance and becomes the Leader of the defense, finishing with 90 Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 FF, and an INT return TD. By 2023, he's at the top of the league leaders in Tackles with 120+ with comparisons coming in to Luke Kuechly now. Downhill thumper, sideline to sideline tackler, great in coverage as well as run stuffing playmaker.

ADG -- B
Really good addition at LB, especially as a 3rd down LB covering TEs and RBs out in routes. He averages 4 sacks per year as a rush LB as well as contributing as one of the better Special teams players on the squad.

Kahild Kareem -- B
Steps in to fill void by departure of Dunlap. Good value for when taken. Is an average to above average player especially setting the Edge stopping the run. He averages 6 Sacks per year after 2020.

Hakeem Adenji -- B
He becomes a Starter in 2021 at Right Tackle or Guard. In his first year, he is valued as a player who can play multiple positions on the Line and subs in multiple games for injured starters throughout the season.

Markus Bailey -- D
Makes the 53 man roster but ends up with another season ending injury and can't make the roster again.

College Free Agents:

Mitchell Wilcox --B
Makes it onto the TE roster as the 3rd TE in the room. He becomes a nice addition on Special teams as well. His playing time increases each of the next 3 years.

OVERALL GRADE: A+
3 years from now, this Bengals class will be defined as Burrow and Higgins' initiation together into the NFL as one of the most next Prolific QB/WR tandems over the next Century.
And, on Defense, Logan Wilson becomes an integral part of their Defense over the next 8 years.
This team makes the Playoffs and goes deep into it, giving credence to the A+ draft grade it has garnered at that stage.

New Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 02:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...or maybe it is because he is a mid round white LB. Vigil wasn't near the prospect that Wilson was, not even close to be honest. I can throw up stats and measurables of guys from the same draft that are basically the same and one went in the 1st and another goes in the 4th. The knee jerk reaction when we took him was because he was a white guy in the mid rounds most fans had never heard of, it's okay to laugh at it. I literally got texts from people who don't follow the draft at all who said "Is he Vigil", for that very reason.

Lighten up.

If your going to compare Logan Wilson I think he compares more favorably to Germaine Pratt.

Honestly I didnt remember Vigil weighed in at 239 I bet he playe closer to 232 or 235.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: If your going to compare Logan Wilson I think he compares more favorably to Germaine Pratt.

Honestly I didnt remember Vigil weighed in at 239 I bet he playe closer to 232 or 235.

Right, both safeties that moved down to LB and skill sets are probably more comparable.
Reply/Quote