Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft grade compilation
(04-29-2020, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: If your going to compare Logan Wilson I think he compares more favorably to Germaine Pratt.

Honestly I didnt remember Vigil weighed in at 239 I bet he playe closer to 232 or 235.

(04-29-2020, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, both safeties that moved down to LB and skill sets are probably more comparable.

Pratt is a bit faster but yeah, I could see this comparison for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, both safeties that moved down to LB and skill sets are probably more comparable.

They both are physical players especially while taking on blockers, both attack downhill with force, and they have excellent vision combined with solid instincts. While they are good in small zones I wouldnt want either in man against an H-Back.

I like how they attacked linebacker this off-season. Bynes is a smart veteran that has been in alot of different defenses and while add value in the class room with younger players. Wilson is your 3 down MIKE, Bailey has the skillset that is a sideline to sideline WILL or WILB, and ADG is you're STAR linebacker/safety tweener perfect to defend the 2 TE formation and RPOs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 06:10 PM)Synric Wrote: They both are physical players especially while taking on blockers, both attack downhill with force, and they have excellent vision combined with solid instincts. While they are good in small zones I wouldnt want either in man against an H-Back.

I like how they attacked linebacker this off-season. Bynes is a smart veteran that has been in alot of different defenses and while add value in the class room with younger players. Wilson is your 3 down MIKE, Bailey has the skillset that is a sideline to sideline WILL or WILB, and ADG is you're STAR linebacker/safety tweener perfect to defend the 2 TE formation and RPOs.

I agree with everything here Synric but the part about not wanting either Wilson or Pratt in Man against an H-Back.

Pratt covered WR's on the edge in college, he can grow and cover H-Backs, TE's and RB's pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
Another interesting thing about Wilson. The man gained like 50 pounds in muscle from high school to college. He could probably drop weight down to 230 and be even faster
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 10:58 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Logan Wilson reminds me of Odell Thurman without the baggage

https://youtu.be/1tWGHm6v6Yg

we can ALL hope!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:29 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:  

To have as many pics as the Dolphins had, how do you finish graded 10th in the draft? That's a bad draft IMO. I think even outside Burrow we did very good. I wanted more attention focused on OT and they focused LB. Both were great needs for us so I'm not holding a grudge for that reason. Our defense should be well improved. Only problem with many fans is they will expect perfection from all these guys game 1. It takes a season to gel into the system. Some of these guys will probably not see a tremendous amount of playing time. Burrow will be a starter day 1. He's going to get a fast-track education on the NFL level. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To have as many pics as the Dolphins had, how do you finish graded 10th in the draft? That's a bad draft IMO. I think even outside Burrow we did very good. I wanted more attention focused on OT and they focused LB. Both were great needs for us so I'm not holding a grudge for that reason. Our defense should be well improved. Only problem with many fans is they will expect perfection from all these guys game 1. It takes a season to gel into the system. Some of these guys will probably not see a tremendous amount of playing time. Burrow will be a starter day 1. He's going to get a fast-track education on the NFL level. 

Thank God Joe is a study junkie.
Reply/Quote