Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position, who can we realistically draft at pick 7?
(11-27-2023, 10:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Pick 7 would be awesome but I think it's too early to lock in on that as the draft slot. At 7, I'd hope they could land Brock Bowers, TE or the most talented OL available.

No way we end up in top 7.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:26 AM)puddycat Wrote: The Bengals were all the way up to 13 and then we won again and are back to 17.  It was a thrill to see many of our rookies play and play well.  It gives me great hope.  I'd still like to see more Iosivas and Jones. One step at a time, but we really need to see what we have unless the Higgins and Boyd decisions have already been made.  The run defense really showed up against Jax.  Murphy seems to be an established rotational piece who plays better on the left.  OTOH the rest of the non-starters continue to be liabilities expect for Ossai who's clearly so deep in the doghouse that he doesn't get snaps.  Our two LBs are having an off year, and Davis Gaither has been atrocious when he has seen the field.
So what does BPA look like?  A bit of a reach at OT, unlikely a DL will drop, depth on both sides of the interior needed, possible prospects at WR or DB.

At #17, a WR like Odunze, Coleman, or Egbuka is a reasonable expectation (though Egbuka would be a pretty big reach).  Mims(if he declares) and Fuaga would also be good selections at T.  Newton probably enters the convoy here, but I don't see them spending a 1st on D after our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder picks in the last two drafts have gone to Defense.

There's a trio of QB's ranked around this range in Daniels, McCarty, and Nix, so a team may be looking to move up for a QB, as well.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No way we end up in top 7.

Not now lol

Browning played pretty damn good last night. Blew me away. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: At #17, a WR like Odunze, Coleman, or Egbuka is a reasonable expectation (though Egbuka would be a pretty big reach).  Mims(if he declares) and Fuaga would also be good selections at T.  Newton probably enters the convoy here, but I don't see them spending a 1st on D after our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder picks in the last two drafts have gone to Defense.

There's a trio of QB's ranked around this range in Daniels, McCarty, and Nix, so a team may be looking to move up for a QB, as well.  

Everyone say it with me T-A-L-I-E-S-E  F-U-A-G-A. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote