Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft scenario
Trade down to 15 for a second amd third and get corey davis in the first, then use said third round pick and a 5th or 4th comp pick to trade into the late second. In conclusion even without a mccarron trade that would give us 3 second round picks.in this scenario i would go corey davis, pat elflien, tanoh kpassognon/demarcus walker, and raekwon mcmillan. All of our needs adressed with elite talent in second round while getting a "luxury pick" in the first even though its really not.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Trade down to 15 for a second amd third and get corey davis in the first, then use said third round pick and a 5th or 4th comp pick to trade into the late second. In conclusion even without a mccarron trade that would give us 3 second round picks.in this scenario i would go corey davis, pat elflien, tanoh kpassognon/demarcus walker, and raekwon mcmillan. All of our needs adressed with elite talent in second round while getting a "luxury pick" in the first even though its really not.

Thing about trades...takes two to tango.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:34 PM)McC Wrote: Thing about trades...takes two to tango.

Not a problem trading down imo, problem would be trading into the second. Think we could do it though.
Reply/Quote
Depends on who's there at 9 but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I would like to see more picks in rounds 2-4, maybe 5 even if it meant less overall picks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A little far fetched for the Bengals, but who knows?  Maybe Mike comes down with the flu, or something.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Trade down to 15 for a second amd third and get corey davis in the first, then use said third round pick and a 5th or 4th comp pick to trade into the late second. In conclusion even without a mccarron trade that would give us 3 second round picks.in this scenario i would go corey davis, pat elflien, tanoh kpassognon/demarcus walker, and raekwon mcmillan. All of our needs adressed with elite talent in second round while getting a "luxury pick" in the first even though its really not.

Would absolutely love that beautifulness. I would be very happy.

Would rather have Walker over Kpass but love all those players...

Corey Davis, Pat Elflein, Demarcus Walker, Raekwon McMillan and then grab Jake Butt or Michael Roberts at TE = BOOM

Thing is if Whit is gone we would have to trade one of those picks for an OT pry an early one.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would absolutely love that beautifulness. I would be very happy.

Would rather have Walker over Kpass but love all those players...

Corey Davis, Pat Elflein, Demarcus Walker, Raekwon McMillan and then grab Jake Butt or Michael Roberts at TE = BOOM

Thing is if Whit is gone we would have to trade one of those picks for an OT pry an early one.

Oh man jake butt in the third?? But feeling is whit will resign imo. I would say out of all three whit is the surest pick to resign. Could also go with a player like taylor moton. 
Reply/Quote

I am 100% behind trading down if the impact RDE we covet isn't there at #9, and I don't believe Taco Charlton is that player.  

It is easy to say "let's put together our 3rd and 5th to move in to the 2nd" but we would need a willing partner.  Think of it in reverse"  would we give up our 2nd for a 3rd and 5th?  No way, but New England might...

I really like all those players, but I am falling victim to the "Underwear Olympics" and I am drooling at the prospect of John Ross across from AJ Green.  I had no idea he would have that kind of speed, but as I watch his tapes you can see that guys gave him a TON of room to work underneath and he still blew by them like they were in quicksand.

I really like the idea of the Guard, DE, and LB after that....really, really like.  And I think some of the highly-touted LBs are likely to slide a bit after watching the DBs work last night....holy crap!  Like someone on the NFL network said:  "Not a good day for Free Agent CBs".....hope that means we can sign Dre!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Corey Davis, Pat Elflein, Demarcus Walker, Raekwon McMillan and then grab Jake Butt or Michael Roberts at TE = BOOM

I liked this so much, I might make T-shirts:

Davis+Elflein+Walker+McMillan+Butt= BOOM!

Bwahahahahaha!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am 100% behind trading down if the impact RDE we covet isn't there at #9, and I don't believe Taco Charlton is that player.  

It is easy to say "let's put together our 3rd and 5th to move in to the 2nd" but we would need a willing partner.  Think of it in reverse"  would we give up our 2nd for a 3rd and 5th?  No way, but New England might...

I really like all those players, but I am falling victim to the "Underwear Olympics" and I am drooling at the prospect of John Ross across from AJ Green.  I had no idea he would have that kind of speed, but as I watch his tapes you can see that guys gave him a TON of room to work underneath and he still blew by them like they were in quicksand.

I really like the idea of the Guard, DE, and LB after that....really, really like.  And I think some of the highly-touted LBs are likely to slide a bit after watching the DBs work last night....holy crap!  Like someone on the NFL network said:  "Not a good day for Free Agent CBs".....hope that means we can sign Dre!

lol hoping dre signs for 8 million. Me personally im not a big fan of ross. As one announcer put it hes fast but fragile. He hurt himself on that run came up limping. I dont want a fragile player. But yeah i was assuming a team like the packers, falcons someone in the early 60s. Im a huge fan of upgrading our center position which is why i chose elflien. Mcmillan just makes sense as people were predicting he would run a mid 4.7. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote: lol hoping dre signs for 8 million. Me personally im not a big fan of ross. As one announcer put it hes fast but fragile. He hurt himself on that run came up limping. I dont want a fragile player. But yeah i was assuming a team like the packers, falcons someone in the early 60s. Im a huge fan of upgrading our center position which is why i chose elflien. Mcmillan just makes sense as people were predicting he would run a mid 4.7. 

His hammy tightened up before he ran but he ran anyway.   And he played the whole season with a torn labrum.  He's the same size as Brown and Cooks.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would love for it to happen, but unfortunately I don't think that the Bengals will be moving around much in the draft, like usual. I'm always kind of envious of the teams that are making trades and hopping up and down to get their guys. Usually the Bengals just stay put.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I liked this so much, I might make T-shirts:

Davis+Elflein+Walker+McMillan+Butt= BOOM!

Bwahahahahaha!

Gotta lead up to the Butt. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:19 PM)McC Wrote: His hammy tightened up before he ran but he ran anyway.   And he played the whole season with a torn labrum.  He's the same size as Brown and Cooks.  

so in addition to hurting himself running the 40, playing through a torn labrum, he also has torn 2 meniscuses in his right knee, had microfracture surgery, and had a surgery on his left knee. That sounds like a great player who wont be hurt in the nfl. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gotta lead up to the Butt. Mellow

Always finish on the Butt with a BOOM!
Reply/Quote