Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 in 1 Mocks
one with no trades and one with trades.

Neither of these include any additions/subtractions from FA's. For me, that's a whole different monster. The things I would do vs what MB would.

No Trades Draft:
1 Joe Burrow QB LSU
2 Isiah Wilson OT Georgia
3 Tyler Biadasz C/IOL Wisconsin
4 John Hightower WR Boise State
5 Jacob Phillips ILB LSU
6 Bryce Sterk Edge Montana State (former Washington Huskie)
7 Casey Toohill LB Stanford

To me, not bad, my goal was to protect Burrow first and try to find some pieces for the Defense.

So let's trade.
Prior to the draft, I traded AD for NE R3P23 and R4P18
Traded Glenn to Raiders R4P37
Traded Dre to Washington R4P2

Hours before the draft:
Traded with Miami, gave them R1P1, got their R1P5 and R1P18 and R3P6 in return.

R1P5 Joe Burrow QB (Miami took Tua, so Burrow fell)
R1P18 Mekhi Becton OT (thank you Miami for making me look like a genius)

At this point, my target was considered a mid round pick and Carolina was begging cause the QB they wanted was still there, soo
Traded R2P1 for R2P6, R3P5 & R7P7

R2P6 Lloyd Cushenberry C/IOL (Carolina)
R3P1 Michael Pittman WR
R3P5 Tyler Biadasz C/IOL (Carolina)
R3P6 Adam Trautman TE (Miami)
R3P23 Lucas Niang OT (NE)
R3P37 Jordyn Brooks LB (Raiders)
R4 P1 Logan Stenberg G
R4P2 Darnay Holmes CB (Washington)
R4P18 Robert Hunt OT (NE)
R5P1 John Hightower WR
R6P1 Bryce Sterk Edge/OLB
R7P1 Amik Robertson CB
R7P7 Reggie Robinson III (Carolina)

Now with those drafts, keep in mind this was my FA's
CB Byron Jones 5 yrs 14 mil
DL Jordan Phillips 5 yrs 8 mil
LB Joe Schobert 5 yrs 9 mil
LB Blake Martinez 5 yrs 10 mil
S Vonn Bell 5 yrs 10.5 mil
WR Amani Cooper 5 yrs 17.5 mil

That's 69 mil spent, out of a total possible 93.9 mil, so roughly 22 mil left for Rookies (We also got hit for 7.5 mil in dead space for this year. Next year that money is back in the pot, other wise we would have had 100mil available for FA's).

Based on the projected money needed for the Rookies we drafted we will need: $18,624,147 dollars, so the 22 mil we have left covers it. Doesn't leave us much for injuries, but then again, this is an all in year to rebuild this team asap. And ofc some of the rookies might replace some of the guys already on the rosters so the actual cap space will be lower.

Well that's my off season :)

https://overthecap.com/draft/   (for projected rookie salary scales)

https://overthecap.com/calculator/cincinnati-bengals/  (add/cut/restructure your own FA off season)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eh, not so sure that Miami would opt for Tua.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tua-tagovailoa-miami-dolphins-2020-nfl-draft/

Quote:With Tagovailoa continuing to progress from his mid-season hip injury that prematurely ended his college career, the former Alabama quarterback has seemingly raised his stock in many NFL circles in recent days. So much so, that the NFL Network’s Bucky Brooks lists Tagovailoa above Joe Burrow in his 2020 NFL Draft QB rankings.

Brooks’ NFL Network colleague Daniel Jeremiah may not agree with that ranking heading into the 2020 NFL Combine but he recently noted that several NFL teams do agree with Brooks’ rankings when it comes to ranking Tagovailoa over Burrow.

Taking all that into consideration, it’s reasonable to think the Dolphins would jump at the chance to draft Tagovailoa but that’s not what Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald is reporting heading into the 2020 NFL Combine. According to Salguero, the Dolphins are concerned not so much about Tua’s hip but of his lengthy injury history in college. With Tagovailoa’s status being called into question, Miami is reportedly gaining interest in former Oregon QB Justin Herbert:

Bottom line: Tagovailoa to the Dolphins is not a certainty. And don’t dismiss Herbert to Miami.

One source said the Dolphins are not just concerned about Tagovailoa’s return to full health from the fractured and dislocated hip he suffered last November, but also about his durability in the long-term beyond the current injury.

Salguero went on to note that Miami owner Stephen Ross has publicly issued concerns when it comes to Tagovailoa’s injury history. It should be noted that Ross claims he defers to Dolphins’ management when it comes to draft selections, so it’s unclear how much influence his opinion on Tagovailoa will really matter come draft day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
HEHE
That's why you can't believe half of what you hear from teams right now.

I'd be playing Tua up. Even pushing Herbert (neither of them I'd want).
Reply/Quote
I like what you did with the first one. Always a fan of drafting the face of the franchise and then protecting him. I think it is the smart thing to do! As I mentioned in another thread, I am curious as to how Biadasz projects to guard instead of center though.

The second one is... overwhelming lol. So many picks! I would be surprised to get that much compensation for Dalton, Glenn and Kirk. But I would welcome it. I think the Miami trade would go down as one of the worst ever (for them) To trade up to 1 just to take Tua while we get Burrow at 5 would be like handing us a free 1st rounder. Again wouldn’t complain. No one can deny that would be a huge influx of talent to our team.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 11:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, not so sure that Miami would opt for Tua.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tua-tagovailoa-miami-dolphins-2020-nfl-draft/

if Miami does some other team will be leap frogging us for burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if Miami does some other team will be leap frogging us for burrow.

Right, the Bengals should just stand pat, where they are, and proceed to draft the franchise QB.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, the Bengals should just stand pat, where they are, and proceed to draft the franchise QB.

unless a 1st round OT or OL Falls in our lap day 2 id be willing to listen to trade offers on that pick...
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: unless a 1st round OT or OL Falls in our lap day 2 id be willing to listen to trade offers on that pick...

Absolutely, I think they would be foolish not to entertain offers to gain more picks, or even a player.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:20 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I like what you did with the first one. Always a fan of drafting the face of the franchise and then protecting him. I think it is the smart thing to do! As I mentioned in another thread, I am curious as to how Biadasz projects to guard instead of center though.

The second one is... overwhelming lol. So many picks! I would be surprised to get that much compensation for Dalton, Glenn and Kirk. But I would welcome it. I think the Miami trade would go down as one of the worst ever (for them) To trade up to 1 just to take Tua while we get Burrow at 5 would be like handing us a free 1st rounder. Again wouldn’t complain. No one can deny that would be a huge influx of talent to our team.

Yep, no matter what we do, we need to protect him.
With my roster, we were only entering the draft with about 4-5 OL (with 2-3 sure starters), so I wanted it LOADED up and have strong depth.

Biadasz has the desired G arm length and should be able to make the switch pretty easily. In the first mock, I would have him at RG (Jordan LG), but in the 2nd mock, I think I have Plenty of OL to  let him stay focused at being an NFL center (unless all the guys I drafted to fill the RG position suck lol) and either beat out Hopkins or be the backup for a year.

And yes in real life I wouldn't risk missing out on Burrow at 1, but in Fanspeak, you can always get a "do-over" if you don't like the way the round went.

(02-18-2020, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if Miami does some other team will be leap frogging us for burrow.

Not sure that the teams in front of us would want to give up their spots. Most need Defense in a bad way. Chargers would be my biggest fear, but that depends on what they do in Free Agency, if they pay big bucks and get a Vet QB then they would no longer be a threat to move up for Burrow.

(02-18-2020, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, the Bengals should just stand pat, where they are, and proceed to draft the franchise QB.

Yep, in reality I would.

(02-18-2020, 06:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: unless a 1st round OT or OL Falls in our lap day 2 id be willing to listen to trade offers on that pick...

Same, in my case no one fell that I liked for us, so I moved back. As you saw, Biadasz was my target in both for the 2nd round pick and I got him even when I moved back.

Really all I care about in this draft is find an LB and get an OL to protect Burrow, but I'm fairly confident that we will go after some FA's this year. MB is not going to be around a lot longer, and he doesn't want to give Katie a team that can't do better than .500. So I'm hoping the pressure of all of that is taking it's toll on him so he will do more of what needs to be done to get us back over the hump faster.
Reply/Quote
Nice work, but I think you'll have a hard time trading Dre and Glenn with those contracts AND get a 4th rounder in return.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 04:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nice work, but I think you'll have a hard time trading Dre and Glenn with those contracts AND get a 4th rounder in return.

Honestly, Glenn's $9 mil salary is pretty cheap for what even a serviceable starting T gets in FA anymore.  Juwan James got $14 mil a year last year from the Broncos.  Glenn could be an appealing target for a cap strapped team looking to win now.
Reply/Quote