Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafted RBs by Bengals since 2010 - 40 times
A lot of talk has been had about certain prospects not being fast enough.
So I decided to go look up the 40 times for all the RBs the Bengals have drafted since 2010.

Jay Finley - 4.51
Boom Herron - 4.66
Rex Burkhead - 4.73
Gio Bernard - 4.53
Jeremy Hill - 4.66
Joe Mixon - 4.45 (he don't seem that fast)
Mark Walton - 4.60
Trayveon Williams - 4.51
Rodney Anderson - N/A
Chris Evans - 4.52

Outside of Mixon, the Bengals have targeted someone in the 4.5's or 4.6's in this window.

One conclusion might be that most of these guys might have stuck around longer had they been faster.
Another conclusion could be that a guy who runs in the 4.5's (especially between 4.50 and 4.55) is plenty fast enough.

I'm of the latter opinion, but I can understand if people want a RB who want the RB to be faster than that.
4.50-4.55 is fast enough for my liking, as long as the RB can be durable, pound the rock, catch, and block some.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Late 2nd seems a little rich for Devon Achane but it wouldn't make me mad if we made the pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Late 2nd seems a little rich for Devon Achane but it wouldn't make me mad if we made the pick

The size turns me off. Under 190 lbs? That makes me nervous.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Is Chris Evans just an afterthought at this time? I thought he could be a nice contributor but he looks to be just a guy at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 06:43 PM)Danimal Wrote: Is Chris Evans just an afterthought at this time? I thought he could be a nice contributor but he looks to be just a guy at this point.

He seemed to have gotten unseated in favor of Trayveon Williams.
Dude wasn't much of a RB in college, so maybe they've determined he's really not a RB in the NFL.
I am kinda surprised Trayveon Williams hasn't gotten more touches in the NFL. He's done well when in, and he was a stud in college. Over 2000 yards from scrimmage his final year at A&M.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 06:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He seemed to have gotten unseated in favor of Trayveon Williams.
Dude wasn't much of a RB in college, so maybe they've determined he's really not a RB in the NFL.
I am kinda surprised Trayveon Williams hasn't gotten more touches in the NFL. He's done well when in, and he was a stud in college. Over 2000 yards from scrimmage his final year at A&M.

That makes sense. I have to wonder if Evans will even make the roster if we draft 2 young RB’s. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 06:51 PM)Danimal Wrote: That makes sense. I have to wonder if Evans will even make the roster if we draft 2 young RB’s. 

I would think only if they wanna run 4 RBs.
I'd be willing to only run 3 RBs in favor of an extra OL/TE though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 06:51 PM)Danimal Wrote: That makes sense. I have to wonder if Evans will even make the roster if we draft 2 young RB’s. 

Probably RB4 or destined for the PS is his best case scenario at this point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote