Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting 5th
According to that august body http://www.tankathon.com the Bengals have wrapped up the 5 seed after the Texans imploded in Texans fashion. The current draft order is: 1- Jax, 2- NYJ, 3- MIA (via BoB and Texans), 4- ATL, and 5- CIN. The dead cat bounce wins against the Steelers and Texans ended up costing the Bengals only two draft spots, but lessened their chances of drafting the premier lineman. As such, who are you pimping at 1-5? Who are you praying falls to 2-37?

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are serious about improving the entire offensive line in FA, they may not want to take Sewell even if he is there at 5. They may be targeting play makers in the draft.

Going on that thought, I hope they take Chase or Pitts. Either selection will elevate the offensive production to a new level.
Reply/Quote
If available take Parsons or continue to look at 1-5 in the division...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Caleb Farley CB from Virginia Tech might be the guy. There going to go Defense unless Sewell falls to us at 5.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If available take Parsons or continue to look at 1-5 in the division...

Who are the elite stack linebackers in the division that led the other teams to better records? 

If we do address O line in FA, and we can't trade back, Kyle Pitts would be the pick to me because there is not pass rusher I'd feel comfortable with at 5. I'd also consider a CB like Surtain/Farley if we lose WJ3.
Reply/Quote
Theres a chance Four QBs could go in a row to start the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:44 AM)Synric Wrote: Theres a chance Four QBs could go in a row to start the draft.

I think 3 is very possible, but I am not sure that Lance is going to fair very well in the lead up this year. Starting to hear people ask why he was thought of so highly coming into the year. I think Lance, Jones, Trask will find themselves in that next group in the middle of the 1st discussion.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think 3 is very possible, but I am not sure that Lance is going to fair very well in the lead up this year. Starting to hear people ask why he was thought of so highly coming into the year. I think Lance, Jones, Trask will find themselves in that next group in the middle of the 1st discussion.

Trey Lance would be a good fit in Atlanta to sit a year behind Matt Ryan. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Trey Lance would be a good fit in Atlanta to sit a year behind Matt Ryan. 

Not sure how we would know a fit until we know a coach in ATL. I don't see it with Lance at all, and as I said people are starting to ask those questions now too. Usually, we talk about how risky one year of starting is for a QB and then you layer on its one year of starting at a lower level and I just can't see a team using a top 5 pick on him. 

If I am ATL and really want a QB, I hold out and hope Trask falls to the bottom of the 1st and come up for him.
Reply/Quote
A top 5 pick is not the ideal way to end a season, but I'm glad it'll give us the opportunity to upgrade our roster (along with, hopefully, another aggressive free agency period) with some elite players.

Player rankings change so drastically over the course of the off season (sometimes, I like to look at the initial player rankings vs the actual results of the draft and just chuckle about how off initial rankings always are) that it's hard to determine exactly who will be available and what positions will be valued at your slot.

With that said, I can name 5 players I'd love to have at 5 right now in Chase, Sewell, Pitts, Slater and Paye.

Paye is one I'm anticipating rising throughout the off season, but if he doesn't then we obviously wouldn't pick him. But he's such an athletic freak that I doubt he won't rise. And my God do we need pass rush help.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Caleb Farley CB from Virginia Tech might be the guy. There going to go Defense unless Sewell falls to us at 5.

The best player on this team is Joe Burrow.  Surround him with weapons.  They should take Chase and get a FA like Thuney.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:44 AM)Synric Wrote: Theres a chance Four QBs could go in a row to start the draft.

You think Miami would draft another QB?  Not incomprehensible, but would be a surprise.  Or they could trade out with a team like Washington... 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The best player on this team is Joe Burrow.  Surround him with weapons.  They should take Chase and get a FA like Thuney.  

I agree. Whatever it takes to prevent Burrow from ending up on his back while still holding the ball.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think 3 is very possible, but I am not sure that Lance is going to fair very well in the lead up this year. Starting to hear people ask why he was thought of so highly coming into the year. I think Lance, Jones, Trask will find themselves in that next group in the middle of the 1st discussion.

Man, Trask looked awful against Oklahoma.  I know he was missing his WR starters, but every ball he threw looked like floaters.  

This, after putting up 46 on bama?  Crazy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Man, Trask looked awful against Oklahoma.  I know he was missing his WR starters, but every ball he threw looked like floaters.  

This, after putting up 46 on bama?  Crazy.  

Right, I think you don't throw out the OU thing but you definitely don't completely knock him for it. It is kind of the whole Fields argument, you can't push the Clemson game while forgetting the Northwestern and Indiana games. In the end, you have to look at the whole body of work and Trask's body of work shows a really good prospect, but with a huge negative of not being mobile. That said, he isn't mobile but he is a willing runner who will go get you 3rd and 1 if he has to which is an appreciated mentality. 
Reply/Quote
If Sewell is gone, I prefer the receiver options. Chase, Smith, or Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The best player on this team is Joe Burrow.  Surround him with weapons.  They should take Chase and get a FA like Thuney.  

We just gave up 400 yards rushing, had 17 sacks( 8 in the last 11 weeks), and are about two lose two high quality starters on defense in Jackson and Lawson. We need to address the defense this off-season in a major way. We can't expect to win the division if we can't defend. Joe doesn't need a superstar cast on offense for him to be effective.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Depending on FA, I'm hoping for Sewell at 5. If he's gone I wouldn't mind trading back a few spots to maybe pick up a 2/3rd rd pick in this draft. Guys I like at 5-10.

1) Chase-WR
2) Paye-DE
3) Slater-OT
4) Rousseau-DE
5) Parsons-LB
6) Farley-CB

My ideal 1-3 with Sewell off the board (w. trade with carolina)

1) Paye-DE (Michigan)

2) Eichenberg- RT (ND)

3) Mukuamu-CB (S.Carolina)

3) Williams-WR (Auburn)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Caleb Farley CB from Virginia Tech might be the guy. There going to go Defense unless Sewell falls to us at 5.

dude Farley is not a top 5 cb.  This is a terrible CB class and in any other class the guy would be a late 1st

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:45 AM)J24 Wrote:  We just gave up 400 yards rushing, had 17 sacks( 8 in the last 11 weeks), and are about two lose two high quality starters on defense in Jackson and Lawson. We need to address the defense this off-season in a major way. We can't expect to win the division if we can't defend. Joe doesn't need a superstar cast on offense for him to be effective.

We also just scored 3 points for a second straight time against Baltimore. At some point you need to be able to go toe-to-toe with them. You’re only going to slow Lamar down so much.

And we didn’t draft Burrow #1OA to be merely “effective.” If we want 2019 Burrow we need to surround him with elite weapons. Like he had at LSU.

Reply/Quote