Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting 5th
(01-18-2021, 01:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How much do you want to bet Trask ends up in Pitt.  He's a piggy clone.  And once he is on the juice, he will probably be about 255 lbs and won't go down very easily. 

Ben is more mobile in the pocket, harder to bring down. I could see Trask being an option for Pittsburgh if they decide they need a QB this year. One thing to watch, as of right now Justin Fields has yet to declare for the draft, and today is the deadline. If Fields doesn't declare you could see it pull guys like Trask and Jones higher out of necessity. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:41 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: According to that august body http://www.tankathon.com the Bengals have wrapped up the 5 seed after the Texans imploded in Texans fashion.  The current draft order is:  1- Jax, 2- NYJ, 3- MIA (via BoB and Texans), 4- ATL, and 5- CIN.  The dead cat bounce wins against the Steelers and Texans ended up costing the Bengals only two draft spots, but lessened their chances of drafting the premier lineman.  As such, who are you pimping at 1-5?  Who are you praying falls to 2-37?

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

One wildcard that has recently presented itself is the DeShawn Watson scenario.  I apologize if someone has already addressed this, but I wanted to add my comments about it.

The real advantage of the rookie QB is the contract.  That "window" has seen the Seahawks, Chiefs, Bills, and Browns all have recent success by allowing them to spend at other places.  However, how much are you willing to give up, financially, for a ready-now QB that has already proven he is a top 5 talent?

Personally, I would never let Burrow go for him and his contract, but with pitt ready to pay the pig a FORTUNE to just be fat, I can see there will be a number of teams that would want Watson over their current QB or a draft pick.  Can you imagine if pitt got the Texans to eat the contract for one year and traded piggy to the Texans (with their #1 draft pick and probably more) for Watson?  I would hate it because it would make the steelers lethal immediately but it would effectively end the Texans as a franchise.  Even if pitt did something ridiculous like throw in TJ Watt to go play with his brother, they would be amazing with Watson and I don't want that.

The only reason I bring up Watson is if you are a team with a ton of cap space and some picks...you could be very interested in Watson.  Can you also imagine if he went to the Pats?  Ugh.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: AJ and Julio are both 6-3, 6-4 guys.  Physically dominant guys.  That's not Chase.

Lets not start pretending that Julio and AJ would have been completely unstoppable in today's college game.

Are you serious?  There is no tougher, more alpha-dog WR in the country than Chase.  AJ Is physical?  Since when?  AJ was an incredible contortionist, but he is no where near as tough as Chase.  You clearly haven't watched him.   Watch him.  He is a freak.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bigger guys are great when they’re that talented. Do you need to be 6’4 to be absolutely dominant? Not at all. Stefon Diggs just led the NFL in yards this season and he’s the exact same height as Chase.

Yep, and to be completely honest, Diggs is much more like Devonta Smith than Chase.  He is a nimble, smaller-framed guy with fearless route-running and great speed.  Chase is built more like a truck that has a hemi V8 under the hood.  That being said, I want Chase 1000 times before I want Smith.  Smith got hit once hard in the title game and was knocked out.  He is a speed and agility freak, though, and for the team that will scheme him like the Chiefs do Hill, he will be a tough draw in the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Huh? Have you watched Smith play in 2020 and now last 1.5 games? He unstoppable and for a plus, he returns punts.

I don't think he gets to #5 (to us).

He will because of his frail 175 lbs, but he will still be a special talent in the NFL.  I just don't see him as the true #1 WR that does everything.  Have you seen how the defenses have been crushing WRs in the playoffs?  I'm cringing a lot.  I would love it if you are right, but I think Chase checks more boxes as an NFL talent.  I would love him as the #5 pick. 

Chase on the field with Higgins and Boyd would be insane.  Add Mixon and some improvements on the offensive line and you have a playoff caliber offense.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why is Smith getting this label as a burner? He’s not.

It is more the short area, "phone booth" quickness.  He would be a really good slot WR in the NFL if he can hold up.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 08:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the main differences  I see between Smith and Chase are a few that puts Smith over Chase

1.  Matchup issues;  Smith is one of those WRs that you can use in more matchup issues
2.  Play sets:  You can design more play sets with Smith than Chase
3.  Senior vs. Opt out-  how would Chase have done without Burrow.. we just saw what  a great performance by Smith did with a QB not the caliber of Burrow
4.  It Factor:  just like Burrow, the feel is Smith has it.... he just seems to command the field as a WR.. hard to measure the intangible but he seems to have it.

How many Bama players injure early in their rookie seasons?  Tons.  Because they get pounded at Bama in practice.  That isn't a conspiracy, but a fact.  Chase sitting out his senior year makes him MORE attractive to me (unless he put on like 50 lbs  Hilarious) because he will be fresh from combine training but not taking another year's pounding.  

The "IT" factor?  Chase is the biggest alpha on that LSU championship WR squad.  He is such a competitor and was the hands-down leader in that group.  Smith had a great OC scheme him WIDE OPEN.  That simply won't happen in the NFL.  And he will have serious durability questions.  That being said, I would LOVE if Miami took him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 01:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ben is more mobile in the pocket, harder to bring down. I could see Trask being an option for Pittsburgh if they decide they need a QB this year. One thing to watch, as of right now Justin Fields has yet to declare for the draft, and today is the deadline. If Fields doesn't declare you could see it pull guys like Trask and Jones higher out of necessity. 

Wow.  I didn't realize that.  I think Fields would be crazy to return to OSU.  If he does, Deshawn Watson should send him flowers.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 01:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ben is more mobile in the pocket, harder to bring down. I could see Trask being an option for Pittsburgh if they decide they need a QB this year. One thing to watch, as of right now Justin Fields has yet to declare for the draft, and today is the deadline. If Fields doesn't declare you could see it pull guys like Trask and Jones higher out of necessity. 

Justin Fields jjust declared like 10 minutes ago lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 01:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow.  I didn't realize that.  I think Fields would be crazy to return to OSU.  If he does, Deshawn Watson should send him flowers.  

Didn't take long...he just declared haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Fields jjust declared like 10 minutes ago lol.

Hey, I said as of right now haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 01:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Didn't take long...he just declared haha.

Actually helps the Bengals.  

I am the only one in this camp, but if I am Urban Meyer, I see how Lawrence has fared throwing the ball against top defenses, and although he is a great long-strider, I think Fields is the better athlete.  

If I can get three first rounders for Lawrence AND Justin Fields, I do it.  
Reply/Quote