Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting 5th
(01-04-2021, 04:20 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Worst case is QB, QB, Sewell, QB in first four picks and Chase is the pick at #5.  Not a bad worst case at all.  Yes, I'd prefer a DL or OL, but so far it isn't looking like there is anyone other than Sewell worthy of a top 5 pick at those positions.

Best case is QB, QB, WR, QB.  Sewell is the pick at #5.

Most intriguing case is only two QBs go in the top 4 and there are multiple offers from teams looking to move up to get the third QB.

More possible than many may think. It is hard to find draft partners to move down, but one position teams will sell the house for a premium is QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Sewell
Parsons
Chase

(In that order)

Trade down if all are gone. Grab a lineman or edge rusher with the pick.

This would be my strategy.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many starters were missing from our defense yesterday?

I know at least 3 starting DL and 2 starting CB's? A starting LB also. Yesterday showed me we have a major depth issue as much as anything else.

It's 400 yards rushing there's no excuse for that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the love affair with Chase. What am I missing? He seems like a guy that will run in the 4.5s. I don't see how he makes this team that much better compared to the rest of the top 5 WRs in this class. It's not like he's Julio or AJ. I just can't see taking a WR in the top 5.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:43 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't understand the love affair with Chase. What am I missing? He seems like a guy that will run in the 4.5s. I don't see how he makes this team that much better compared to the rest of the top 5 WRs in this class. It's not like he's Julio or AJ. I just can't see taking a WR in the top 5.

He ran a 4.40 last year according to this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2901256-lsu-wr-jamarr-chase-running-440-40-after-being-clocked-at-466-in-high-school

He set the SEC record for both yards (1780) and TD’s (20) in a single season. The WR that just won the Heisman put up very similar numbers. But Smith didn’t have to compete with Justin Jefferson for targets (Waddle only played 5 games).

Not wanting a WR at 5 is one thing, but I don’t see how anyone could not “understand” the hype for Chase.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He ran a 4.40 last year according to this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2901256-lsu-wr-jamarr-chase-running-440-40-after-being-clocked-at-466-in-high-school

He set the SEC record for both yards (1780) and TD’s (20) in a single season. The WR that just won the Heisman put up very similar numbers. But Smith didn’t have to compete with Justin Jefferson for targets (Waddle only played 5 games).

Not wanting a WR at 5 is one thing, but I don’t see how anyone could not “understand” the hype for Chase.

We'll see how he runs.   Those school tested 40s tend to shave off time.  

If he was in the AJ or Julio category, I would consider it, but he's just not that much different than the other top guys to justify the pick at 5.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 01:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We'll see how he runs.   Those school tested 40s tend to shave off time.  

If he was in the AJ or Julio category, I would consider it, but he's just not that much different than the other top guys to justify the pick at 5.

As we talk about changes as you look at the  modern NFL today amazes me we still so hold on to the archive 40 times to measure players it really does equate well in measuring nfl WRs in game situations. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 01:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We'll see how he runs.   Those school tested 40s tend to shave off time.  

Chase set records for both yards and TD’s in the SEC. AJ and Julio both played in the SEC...

What more could Chase have done to put him in the “AJ or Julio category?” Lit it up as a true freshman when LSU was hardly throwing the ball? I think Burrow and Kyler Murray have both proved recently that one great year is enough.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:43 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't understand the love affair with Chase.  What am I missing?  He seems like a guy that will run in the 4.5s.  I don't see how he makes this team that much better compared to the rest of the top 5 WRs in this class.  It's not like he's Julio or AJ.  I just can't see taking a WR in the top 5.

He had a great year and sitting out this year helps him since we cant judge him without other top players like Burrow etc that left.  Is he consensus best WR no.. will he go in top ten most likely. Is he the fit I would draft for Bengals at WR no.. would he improve team sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a great year and sitting out this year helps him since we cant judge him without other top players like Burrow etc that left.  Is he consensus best WR no.. will he go in top ten most likely. Is he the fit I would draft  for Bengals at WR no..  would he improve team  sure.

lol. Yes he is.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 08:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. Yes he is.

With the season Smith continues to have, he is in  as possible 1st WR discussions and should be.., Chase is favored go as 1st WR but if Smith dazzles on big stage tomorrow he will increase that discussion 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With the season Smith continues to have, he is in  as possible 1st WR discussions and should be.., Chase is favored go as 1st WR but if Smith dazzles on big stage tomorrow he will increase that discussion 

Riiiiiight.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2925580-devonta-smith-may-have-the-heisman-but-jamarr-chase-is-2021-nfl-drafts-top-wr

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-scouts-not-entirely-sold-on-DeVonta-Smith-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Heisman-Trophy-NFL-Draft-2021-158650885/

And the capper? Mel Kiper thinks Smith is the #1 WR. lulz

Smith will probably be good but the risk is, he's too light at around 175lbs. Chase will definitely be good. Mark it down, take it to the bank, book it, etc etc. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 08:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Riiiiiight.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2925580-devonta-smith-may-have-the-heisman-but-jamarr-chase-is-2021-nfl-drafts-top-wr

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-scouts-not-entirely-sold-on-DeVonta-Smith-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Heisman-Trophy-NFL-Draft-2021-158650885/

And the capper? Mel Kiper thinks Smith is the #1 WR. lulz

Smith will probably be good but the risk is, he's too light at around 175lbs. Chase will definitely be good. Mark it down, take it to the bank, book it, etc etc. 

Did you just link Bleacher Report ans 247 Sports and then laugh at Mel Kipper? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just link Bleacher Report ans 247 Sports and then laugh at Mel Kipper? 

that he did.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just link Bleacher Report ans 247 Sports and then laugh at Mel Kipper? 

Yes. 

Kiper has been laughable for a long time. B/R had a well earned (bad) reputation early on but have cleaned up their act and have several reputable writers on staff now, as well as being bought by TBS a while back. I don't really know much about 247 sports, just linked it because it's cites Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks. 

Reply/Quote

So...did you read the article on B/R or just dismiss it because it was B/R?

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chase set records for both yards and TD’s in the SEC. AJ and Julio both played in the SEC...

What more could Chase have done to put him in the “AJ or Julio category?” Lit it up as a true freshman when LSU was hardly throwing the ball? I think Burrow and Kyler Murray have both proved recently that one great year is enough.

AJ and Julio are both 6-3, 6-4 guys.  Physically dominant guys.  That's not Chase.

Lets not start pretending that Julio and AJ would have been completely unstoppable in today's college game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: AJ and Julio are both 6-3, 6-4 guys.  Physically dominant guys.  That's not Chase.

Lets not start pretending that Julio and AJ would have been completely unstoppable in today's college game.

Bigger guys are great when they’re that talented. Do you need to be 6’4 to be absolutely dominant? Not at all. Stefon Diggs just led the NFL in yards this season and he’s the exact same height as Chase.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: AJ and Julio are both 6-3, 6-4 guys.  Physically dominant guys.  That's not Chase.

Ja'Marr Chase is a very physical receiver that can play above the rim that is what puts him slightly above Devonta Smith on my board.

Height has nothing to do with how physical a receiver is just ask AJ Brown.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase is a very physical receiver that can play above the rim that is what puts him slightly above Devonta Smith on my board.

Height has nothing to do with how physical a receiver is just ask AJ Brown.

Sure, but I don't think he's a top 5 pick.   I don't think of any of this year's group as a top 5 guy.
Reply/Quote