Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting 5th
(01-11-2021, 10:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase is a very physical receiver that can play above the rim that is what puts him slightly above Devonta Smith on my board.

Height has nothing to do with how physical a receiver is just ask AJ Brow
Height not the priority as much now in the NFL, quick route runners are moving up the board like Smith
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sure, but I don't think he's a top 5 pick.   I don't think of any of this year's group as a top 5 guy.

You might want to tune into the National Championship Game 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sure, but I don't think he's a top 5 pick.   I don't think of any of this year's group as a top 5 guy.

Huh? Have you watched Smith play in 2020 and now last 1.5 games? He unstoppable and for a plus, he returns punts.

I don't think he gets to #5 (to us).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Huh? Have you watched Smith play in 2020 and now last 1.5 games? He unstoppable and for a plus, he returns punts.

I don't think he gets to #5 (to us).

Well that puts Sewell more in play to drop to 5, but fields needs to have a better half or he might not be in top 4 picked
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well that puts Sewell more in play to drop to 5, but fields needs to have a better half or he might not be in top 4 picked

Fields is in for a fall.  He was held under 200 yards passing in 3 of his final 4 starts.  
Reply/Quote
Ja’Marr Chase
DeVonta Smith
Penei Sewell

I don’t care which one, just give me one of them at 5 to the Bengals.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
According to some on.here Devonta Smith is too small
Too fragile to play in the AFC North
Reply/Quote
Who does Smith compare to in the NFL? The best I can think of is Deshaun Jackson. Is he a #5 pick?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 02:29 PM)yang Wrote: Who does Smith compare to in the NFL?  The best I can think of is Deshaun Jackson. Is he a #5 pick?

Media is saying Marvin Harrison.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 02:29 PM)yang Wrote: Who does Smith compare to in the NFL? The best I can think of is Deshaun Jackson. Is he a #5 pick?

Why is Smith getting this label as a burner? He’s not.

Reply/Quote
the main differences I see between Smith and Chase are a few that puts Smith over Chase

1. Matchup issues; Smith is one of those WRs that you can use in more matchup issues
2. Play sets: You can design more play sets with Smith than Chase
3. Senior vs. Opt out- how would Chase have done without Burrow.. we just saw what a great performance by Smith did with a QB not the caliber of Burrow
4. It Factor: just like Burrow, the feel is Smith has it.... he just seems to command the field as a WR.. hard to measure the intangible but he seems to have it.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 08:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the main differences  I see between Smith and Chase are a few that puts Smith over Chase

1.  Matchup issues;  Smith is one of those WRs that you can use in more matchup issues
2.  Play sets:  You can design more play sets with Smith than Chase
3.  Senior vs. Opt out-  how would Chase have done without Burrow.. we just saw what  a great performance by Smith did with a QB not the caliber of Burrow
4.  It Factor:  just like Burrow, the feel is Smith has it.... he just seems to command the field as a WR.. hard to measure the intangible but he seems to have it.

Considering Jones put up big numbers last year and this year, I don't think there was any fall off from Tua.  Chase would have had a down year, no question about it with all of the offensive talent that left LSU - both Burrow and the other WRs and line.  Alabama pretty much brought back their whole offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:43 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't understand the love affair with Chase.  What am I missing?  He seems like a guy that will run in the 4.5s.  I don't see how he makes this team that much better compared to the rest of the top 5 WRs in this class.  It's not like he's Julio or AJ.  I just can't see taking a WR in the top 5.

C. Lamb ran a 4.5 and was pretty dominant this year.  And inch taller than Chase but almost 10 lbs. heavier.   Green barely ran a 4.5 if I recall.   Taller though.

I would not be unhappy with Smith, but I'm team Chase.   The  guy is super competitive, wins contested catches, gets open on the edges - and really anywhere and is supremely confident.   not to mention his demonstrated chemistry with Burrow.  He's a total game changer.  Combined with Boyd and Higgens would make for a devastating receiver corps - as long as we have the brains to sign/ draft a major upgrade at OL.

There were just games that our receivers did not get open.   He'd get open.  He's # 2 after Sewell for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2021, 03:33 PM)3wt Wrote: C. Lamb ran a 4.5 and was pretty dominant this year.  And inch taller than Chase but almost 10 lbs. heavier.   Green barely ran a 4.5 if I recall.   Taller though.

I would not be unhappy with Smith, but I'm team Chase.   The  guy is super competitive, wins contested catches, gets open on the edges - and really anywhere and is supremely confident.   not to mention his demonstrated chemistry with Burrow.  He's a total game changer.  Combined with Boyd and Higgens would make for a devastating receiver corps - as long as we have the brains to sign/ draft a major upgrade at OL.

There were just games that our receivers did not get open.   He'd get open.  He's # 2 after Sewell for me.

I actually think Smith is more dynamic WR and will be a matchup.nightmare and a great punt returner
Reply/Quote
So, should it be;

FA OG
1st -- Sewell
2nd -- WR
3rd -- C

or 

FA OG
1st -- Sewell
2nd -- C
3rd -- WR

??

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 06:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, should it be;

FA OG
1st -- Sewell
2nd -- WR
3rd -- C

or 

FA OG
1st -- Sewell
2nd -- C
3rd -- WR

??

God, if they drafted Humphrey in 2 I’ll go nuts.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why is Smith getting this label as a burner? He’s not.

I think people see his frame and assume he has to be a speed guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 07:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: God, if they drafted Humphrey in 2 I’ll go nuts.

Do you not think he is worth the pick or would you rather have something other than a center.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 10:37 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Do you not think he is worth the pick or would you rather have something other than a center.

Happy nuts.

I’ve wanted Humphrey for months in the 2nd. I think he can be a huge piece to the line.

If they went Sewell Humphrey or Chase/Smith/Pitts Humphrey I’d consider that a successful draft and everything else they get would be gravy.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think 3 is very possible, but I am not sure that Lance is going to fair very well in the lead up this year. Starting to hear people ask why he was thought of so highly coming into the year. I think Lance, Jones, Trask will find themselves in that next group in the middle of the 1st discussion.

How much do you want to bet Trask ends up in Pitt.  He's a piggy clone.  And once he is on the juice, he will probably be about 255 lbs and won't go down very easily. 
Reply/Quote