Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting Jake Elliot over Roderick Johnson
(04-30-2017, 10:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?

The key to the draft to you was a guy who was taken 160?  He obviously was nothing special.

And you have no idea if we could have gotten Elliot much later.  if the bengals had him ranked that high then it is very possible that other teams did also.

:andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:51 AM)Okeana Wrote: And then he was decimated at the senior bowl.  Why do you think he slid so late ?  Because he's SOOOO great

Lol, the Senior Bowl. 

Yeah, 2.5 years of starting in the ACC and being all conference  is trumped by one fake-exhibition game, 4 weeks after the season has ended,  that no one cares about.

You are hilarious.  in your eyes the Bungles can do no wrong.  then, when you are reminded they havent won a playoff game in 26 consecutive years, you plug your ears and hum loudly.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 09:31 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: I wish people would tell us they were at the pro days and combine. Guys please tell us next time so we know who they should pick!

But for real... Simmons said out of the kickers he tried out, Jake Elliot had the best Kickoff. Also said that the weather he kicked in was a lot harsher than the others.

Weather plays a big role.. Nice point. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 11:28 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Lol, the Senior Bowl. 

Yeah, 2.5 years of starting in the ACC and being all conference  is trumped by one fake-exhibition game, 4 weeks after the season has ended,  that no one cares about.

You are hilarious.  in your eyes the Bungles can do no wrong.  then, when you are reminded they havent won a playoff game in 26 consecutive years, you plug your ears and hum loudly.  

He slid for a reason. It wasn't just the Bengals that didn't value those 2.5 years all that much.
Reply/Quote
I thought this was the only NFL board I visited, but there must be another because it seems all I read last year was bitching and moaning about the Bengals not drafting a kicker. So they draft one, and people complain. Facepalm Confused

And since Simmons worked out all three kickers, and he is pretty much better at evaluating kickers than anyone on this board, myself included, I have to back his selection....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:19 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Was idiotic.

He would have been available much later.

This is the only move that I hate from the draft.

Overall an A-   Roderick would have made it an A+ for me.

not when your team has been plagued by bad kicking game the last few years
Reply/Quote
Let's see what the current OL can do. Maybe Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine really step up this year. It will be Ogbuehi's and Fisher's 3rd year, Bodine's 4th.
Westerman, considered a Round 2-3 talent in last year's draft but fell, is entering his 2nd year and could develop into a starting OG.
If the OL sucks, there are some good options in the draft next year and only a few players worth extending in FA. Therefore the Bengals should be primed to take a couple OL in the early rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:17 AM)Takedown Wrote: I think people really do forget how bad our kicking game was last year. Drafting Elliot will have a bigger, better and faster impact to our team than any OT/OG would have been had we taken them in round five over Elliot. The Bengals are giving Ced O. and Fisher a shot to prove themselves. I've heard nothing but positive things on Ced O. so far this offseason and I think Fisher will be okay at RT. We just have to wait and see.

^^^ This!  I believe that the O linemen in this years draft were not any better than the current back ups we have on the roster now. They are pretty high on Westerman and Redmon and also Hopkins can play T if needed.  
Reply/Quote
IF this kicker wins the starting job and is our kicker this season...then this was a good pick.

IF they waive him before the season...then yeah...it wasn't a good pick.

That's how this one will be judged.
Reply/Quote
In the NFL - Randy Bullock has made 82% of his career FGs

Elliot made 78% of his collegiate FGs.

That is amusing

Would have been available in the 7th or UDFa
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 12:34 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: In the NFL - Randy Bullock has made 82% of his career FGs    

Elliot made 78% of his collegiate FGs.

That is amusing

Would have been available in the 7th or UDFa

thats because he had 1 bad year at sophmore.  try again

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 12:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: thats because he had 1 bad year at sophmore.  try again

And bullock has had one anomalous down year in 2014 - hit 74%

Otherwise he would be at 85% for his NFL career

'try again' 

You prefer a player who has hits less % of FGs, playing in thr AAC, with a weaker leg,  over a NFL kicker with a stronger leg, who is more accurate kicking against NFL special teams.  

hahaha

I dont need to know any more about you.  Youre a massive homer and incapable of logic 
Reply/Quote
Well they'll both be at camp, so let the best one win....
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well they'll both be at camp, so let the best one win....

Yep love the competition

Should also have a solid OT on the roster, in addition to the kicker competition for RandyB.
Reply/Quote