Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting a Center
What round do you think the Bengals draft a Center this year? My guess is Round 4. I don't think we get one of the top Centers this draft, Eilfien or Pocic. We will get in on the next tier of guys.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Between rounds 3-5. We'll take a guy who can play center or guard and let him compete to start at center or RG next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:25 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What round do you think the Bengals draft a Center this year? My guess is Round 4.  I don't think we get one of the top Centers this draft, Eilfien or Pocic.  We will get in on the next tier of guys.

I think Round 5-7. They will give Bodine every chance to earn his next contract and they also re-signed TJ Johnson. If a center is drafted, I could see that center sitting on the Bengals PS this year and then be promoted next year once Bodine has yet another bad year and leaves in FA (I can only hope).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Round 5-7. They will give Bodine every chance to earn his next contract and they also re-signed TJ Johnson. If a center is drafted, I could see that center sitting on the Bengals PS this year and then be promoted next year once Bodine has yet another bad year and leaves in FA (I can only hope).

I am actually less down on Bodine this year. Last year he seemed to be serviceable. If we want to try again in the 4/5 range I am okay with it, but I think this year he could be an average Center which on our line would be good haha. If you believe in PFF (I am always skeptical), he had an average starting center grade last year.
Reply/Quote
I want the best center on the board but not expecting anything
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:25 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What round do you think the Bengals draft a Center this year? My guess is Round 4.  I don't think we get one of the top Centers this draft, Eilfien or Pocic.  We will get in on the next tier of guys.

I know many hate Bodine, but I see him being OK now (not great) and don't think another mid tier guy does anything to help us improve our back up Johnson, now Eflein or Pocic I think would be an upgrade long term
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Between rounds 3-5. We'll take a guy who can play center or guard and let him compete to start at center or RG next year.

Yup
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know many hate Bodine, but I see him being OK now (not great) and don't think another mid tier guy does anything to help us improve our back up Johnson, now Eflein or Pocic I think would be an upgrade long term

I think the issue with Efflein and Pocic both will be there low combine bench rep numbers. We tend to like "strong" interior o lineman, so I could see us passing on both because of it. On the other side both guys are from schools where we do have solid connections so there is an interesting dynamic there.
Reply/Quote
I want them to grab Jon Toth © from UK in the 4th or 5th. Of course, I want them to grab Cole Hikutini (TE) from Louisville in the 4th, so hopefully we'll have two picks in the 4th.... Toth can play all 3 interior spots on the line, Hikutini is going to be a star in this league. Mark it down...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know many hate Bodine, but I see him being OK now (not great) and don't think another mid tier guy does anything to help us improve our back up Johnson, now Eflein or Pocic I think would be an upgrade long term

Bodine is not the best Center in the league, but he's also not as bad as he's made out to be around here.....
Reply/Quote

I have forced myself to stop hoping for a C drafted high enough to put Jefro on the pine.  So, yeah, I agree.  Slim chance we get one of the top C's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

They might take one to stash on the PS in 6-7, but they aren't taking one high and if they had designs on TJ battling a rookie for his roster spot, they would have just signed him to the 1 year RFA tender instead giving him a 2 year deal
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Round 5-7. They will give Bodine every chance to earn his next contract and they also re-signed TJ Johnson. If a center is drafted, I could see that center sitting on the Bengals PS this year and then be promoted next year once Bodine has yet another bad year and leaves in FA (I can only hope).

Guys, please don't mention TJ Johnson anywhere about the Center position. He had years to beat out Bodine and was
terrible against 3rd and 4th stringers. TJ Johnson is not the answer at Center. He played decent in the game against the
Ravens last year at Guard. That is why he was brought back.

To the OP it better be in the 3rd or 4th round when we draft one at the very least.
Reply/Quote
we won't draft one
Reply/Quote
If the LSU center is available in the 3rd round do you pull the trigger on him?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 07:23 AM)magikod Wrote: If the LSU center is available in the 3rd round do you pull the trigger on him?

Umm. Yep. Yes. Do that.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:14 AM)Takedown Wrote: Umm. Yep. Yes. Do that.

I agree, Mixon in the 2nd and the LSU center in the 3rd. that will make me feel better about ross in the 1st round lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guys, please don't mention TJ Johnson anywhere about the Center position. He had years to beat out Bodine and was
terrible against 3rd and 4th stringers. TJ Johnson is not the answer at Center. He played decent in the game against the
Ravens last year at Guard. That is why he was brought back.

To the OP it better be in the 3rd or 4th round when we draft one at the very least.

For the record, I did not want to see TJ Johnson re-signed. But unfortunately FA happens before the draft and the Bengals don't like to go into the draft with glaring open spots on the roster. I would like to see TJ Johnson dropped, I just don't think it actually happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: For the record, I did not want to see TJ Johnson re-signed. But unfortunately FA happens before the draft and the Bengals don't like to go into the draft with glaring open spots on the roster. I would like to see TJ Johnson dropped, I just don't think it actually happens.

If they can get someone like Asiata or Moton or Fuller I think he is gone.
Reply/Quote
Fuller is a center and he is as good as Johnson he can be backup for a year.
Reply/Quote