Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting a Center
(04-28-2017, 10:30 AM)pulses Wrote: Fuller is a center and he is as good as Johnson he can be backup for a year.

Has Fuller played OG before? I didn't think he had. If the Bengals try to replace TJ Johnson, it's going to be with a player with experience at both OG and C.
It's a big reason I'm high on Chase Roullier out of Wyoming.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The smart move would be to get Elflein. He won all the awards at Center, after playing it for only one season. His list of accolades for playing RG are as equally impressive. The guy really understands interior line play.

For those that want to mention that his bench reps weren't impressive, I'm not concerned. He was also a Championship Wrestler in HS, went 32-0 his Senior year. Wrestlers are known for having very strong lower body development, as well as good balance and control. Where do you think the power to drive large men off of the ball comes from? Clue: It's not bench reps...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Has Fuller played OG before? I didn't think he had. If the Bengals try to replace TJ Johnson, it's going to be with a player with experience at both OG and C.
It's a big reason I'm high on Chase Roullier out of Wyoming.

Here is what was said about Asiata.

BOTTOM LINE

Aggressive and powerful with an ability to create space for running backs in a power scheme. Asiata isn't a complete stiff from a movement standpoint, but he loses effectiveness the farther he's asked to travel from his home base. He'll fall off of blocks a little earlier than teams will want, but his ability to generate movement combined with his girthy frame means he could become a starter at either guard or center within a couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The smart move would be to get Elflein.  He won all the awards at Center, after playing it for only one season.  His list of accolades for playing RG are as equally impressive.  The guy really understands interior line play.  

For those that want to mention that his bench reps weren't impressive, I'm not concerned.  He was also a Championship Wrestler in HS, went 32-0 his Senior year.  Wrestlers are known for having very strong lower body development, as well as good balance and control.  Where do you think the power to drive large men off of the ball comes from?  Clue:  It's not bench reps...

We don't value drafting centers before the 4th round and Elflein will be long gone by then.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:49 AM)pulses Wrote: We don't value drafting centers before the 4th round and Elflein will be long gone by then.

Perhaps that is part of the problem?  If a team wants to dominate the LOS, it all starts from the inside.  If a team can't move people off the ball to get those critical 3rd, 4th and short, ya got nothin'.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps that is part of the problem?  If a team wants to dominate the LOS, it all starts from the inside.  If a team can't move people off the ball to get those critical 3rd, 4th and short, ya got nothin'.

I agree with ya Bro but for some reason they just dont value that for whatever reason. If it was me, I would move AJM for an extra 2nd rounder and take a center like Eflein.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:20 AM)pulses Wrote: I agree with ya Bro but for some reason they just dont value that for whatever reason. If it was me, I would move AJM for an extra 2nd rounder and take a center like Eflein.

Part of the frustration of being a fan of a team that could be great, but...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Would have no problem with Elflein or Pocic in round 2 tonight. If they go OL though in round 2, I bet it either Lamp or Feeney.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps that is part of the problem?  If a team wants to dominate the LOS, it all starts from the inside.  If a team can't move people off the ball to get those critical 3rd, 4th and short, ya got nothin'.

(04-28-2017, 11:20 AM)pulses Wrote: I agree with ya Bro but for some reason they just dont value that for whatever reason. If it was me, I would move AJM for an extra 2nd rounder and take a center like Eflein.

(04-28-2017, 11:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of the frustration of being a fan of a team that could be great, but...

So true, if we take a Center tonight the whole fan base would rejoice, i truly believe that.

Even this one.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: For the record, I did not want to see TJ Johnson re-signed. But unfortunately FA happens before the draft and the Bengals don't like to go into the draft with glaring open spots on the roster. I would like to see TJ Johnson dropped, I just don't think it actually happens.

I sure hope it does. Roullier baby.

(04-28-2017, 10:27 AM)pulses Wrote: If they can get someone like Asiata or Moton or Fuller I think he is gone.

Yeah, these guys too, Moton i don't think could play Center though, i do like him as a OT/G though.
Reply/Quote
Center Jon Toth from KY
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Looking more and more like Toth round 4 or 5.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote